It is currently 22 Sep 2017, 22:39

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2007, 17:07  
2007 Prediction League winner
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2007, 22:57
Posts: 988
Location: Brasil
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61159
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2007, 17:09  
F1 Legend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Posts: 23702
Location: North Pole
Country: Northern Mariana Islands (mp)
the FIA would have looked at all the evidence and come to there own conclusions. it was down to 2 men, 1 from Ferrari and 1 from McLaren. they have obviously concluded it was not down to the team. they (stepney & coghlan) should now punished. ferarri should at least sue them to cover their legal expences.
Ultimately, the decision is not so much fair as it is one that makes financial sense to the FIA. Dropping McLaren from this season and next would probably mean a drop in sponsor income for races (would Santander, for example, still want to sponsor the British GP if McLaren was banned?).
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2007, 17:24  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2007, 08:26
Posts: 654
iceman1 wrote:
the FIA would have looked at all the evidence and come to there own conclusions. it was down to 2 men, 1 from Ferrari and 1 from McLaren. they have obviously concluded it was not down to the team. they (stepney & coghlan) should now punished. ferarri should at least sue them to cover their legal expences.
Ultimately, the decision is not so much fair as it is one that makes financial sense to the FIA. Dropping McLaren from this season and next would probably mean a drop in sponsor income for races (would Santander, for example, still want to sponsor the British GP if McLaren was banned?).


Not only that but the FIA wouldn't have the b*** to punish Hamilton...

I don't know I think something should have happened... Maybe a 20 point deduction in the Constructors or something...
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2007, 18:25  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2006, 14:05
Posts: 2360
Location: Malta
It's like they got suspended sentence for something that an employee did.

If they are foind guilty of something similar within these 2 years, they will get an exclusion.

it will be hard for Stepney and Coughlan now, to explain themselves in front of the FIA board.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2007, 18:27  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2006, 14:05
Posts: 2360
Location: Malta
zack wrote:
lol its like you have been caught by police with cocaine in pockets ...
you say "i don't know about this"
Police releases you free ... *BEEP* lol

waiting for Ferrari's official statement on this!

Quote:
fia will change their mind when ferrari don't win the title this year

seems like anti-Ferrari :@:2
Not exactly like that.

It's like you are giving a lift to some of your friends, and policemen find cocaine in the pocket of one of your friends.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2007, 18:30  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2006, 14:05
Posts: 2360
Location: Malta
Dark_Fisico wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
the FIA would have looked at all the evidence and come to there own conclusions. it was down to 2 men, 1 from Ferrari and 1 from McLaren. they have obviously concluded it was not down to the team. they (stepney & coghlan) should now punished. ferarri should at least sue them to cover their legal expences.
Ultimately, the decision is not so much fair as it is one that makes financial sense to the FIA. Dropping McLaren from this season and next would probably mean a drop in sponsor income for races (would Santander, for example, still want to sponsor the British GP if McLaren was banned?).


Not only that but the FIA wouldn't have the b*** to punish Hamilton...

I don't know I think something should have happened... Maybe a 20 point deduction in the Constructors or something...
Where is Alonso? Why did you mention only Hamilton?

I think it is unfair to punish a driver on something some engineer did. It happened in the past that teams lost points in the Constructors' championship when they were found using illegal fuel. Why should drivers get punished for such an act?

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2007, 18:40  
F1 Rookie
User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2007, 08:26
Posts: 654
maltafan wrote:
Dark_Fisico wrote:
iceman1 wrote:
the FIA would have looked at all the evidence and come to there own conclusions. it was down to 2 men, 1 from Ferrari and 1 from McLaren. they have obviously concluded it was not down to the team. they (stepney & coghlan) should now punished. ferarri should at least sue them to cover their legal expences.
Ultimately, the decision is not so much fair as it is one that makes financial sense to the FIA. Dropping McLaren from this season and next would probably mean a drop in sponsor income for races (would Santander, for example, still want to sponsor the British GP if McLaren was banned?).


Not only that but the FIA wouldn't have the b*** to punish Hamilton...

I don't know I think something should have happened... Maybe a 20 point deduction in the Constructors or something...
Where is Alonso? Why did you mention only Hamilton?

I think it is unfair to punish a driver on something some engineer did. It happened in the past that teams lost points in the Constructors' championship when they were found using illegal fuel. Why should drivers get punished for such an act?


I don't want the drivers in trouble... I want the constructors to lose points...

As for Hamilton and not Alonso, well Alonso is the past... Would you in their place really take points off the British, Rookie who (apparantly) everyone loves and is bringing in the pointless glory hounders in England that now watch just because its 'Our Lewis' and not only that he's leading the world Championship... Think of it like that... Take points off Alonso you'd only get Alonso fans complaining take points off Hamilton and half the British viewers will complain and we'll never hear the end of it...
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2007, 18:46  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2006, 14:05
Posts: 2360
Location: Malta
I agree that there might be more fans complaining should Hamilton get banned than should same thing happened to Alonso.

However, I think the financial implications on F1 would be the same.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2007, 23:54  
2007 Prediction League winner
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2007, 22:57
Posts: 988
Location: Brasil
FIA to recognize that Macca makes use of a complete "x-ray" of Ferrari and that this fact doesn't interfere with the results of the competition, oh, come on...they are calling us idiots. Bernie and Max did it today in Paris. Yellow_Colorz_PDT_31 :roll:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... to=newsnow
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2007, 00:36  
car driver

Joined: 23 Jul 2007, 16:07
Posts: 2
Justice has been served IMHO. Macca was not punished because they are not guilty. One of it´s employees SEEMS to be guilty (and has to be proven so to condemn him) but that does not make McLaren responsible.

Also, anyone that knows a thing or two about F1 (and after following F1 for 35 years I believe I know at least a little bit about it), knows that an F1 car´s design is a whole package in which, work started probably some 12 months or more before it´s debut. It´s not that easy as getting the Ferrari´s plans and saying "Hey, that front wing is better than ours. Let´s make one and use it in the next race!". Modifications normally go thru a long process. Had the team laid hands on this documents, it would probably had taken them what, a month or more just to get to fully digest the whole design of the Ferrari? And then after that, a month or more to design and fabricate parts etc.? Then test them and deploy them... It would take what, 2 to 3 months at least to be able to deploy something? It did not happen.

Anyway, thank God it ended this way. I really hope Kimi wins the WDC this year but ON THE TRACK, not by some penalization to McLaren. Ferrari is the best team, they can pull it off...
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2007, 04:36  
Co-Admin
User avatar

Joined: 27 Jun 2007, 15:26
Posts: 4153
Location: Bombay
Country: India (in)
all in all ..FIA and Mclaren are on same bed now!

Its hard for Mclaren to escape from Italians court
According to the laws company is liable towards its employees actions.

@AGabaldoni ... McLaren are found guilty by FIA but not punished!

_________________
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2007, 05:00  
F1 Legend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Posts: 23702
Location: North Pole
Country: Northern Mariana Islands (mp)
the FIA dont want to award any penalty, (even some sort of token, monetary fine) against Mclaren, because that would constitute a verdict of guilt.
the WMSC want to keep a focus on the racing, rather than opening a can of worms, this decision was probably the easiest option, but not necessarily the correct one
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2007, 11:06  
kart driver

Joined: 27 Jul 2007, 10:57
Posts: 65
Location: London, England
I expected this to be honest.

Oh well. I just hope Ferrari can win the world championship. I believe McLaren probably did use some of that data but the conclusion has been written.

_________________
ImageImage
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2007, 11:36  
kart driver
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jul 2007, 23:12
Posts: 63
Location: London,UK
not guilty due to a alck of evidence?! WHAT the fuc*?! THEY FOUND A FREEKING 700 PAGE DOSSIER!!! HOW IS THAT NOT SUFFIECIENT EVIDENCE?! :(

_________________
BRING BACK SUZUKA!!!
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2007, 12:40  
2007 Prediction League winner
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2007, 22:57
Posts: 988
Location: Brasil
GodHatesKimi wrote:
not guilty due to a alck of evidence?! WHAT the fuc*?! THEY FOUND A FREEKING 700 PAGE DOSSIER!!! HOW IS THAT NOT SUFFIECIENT EVIDENCE?! :(

I agree with you! :T:@
MACCA guilty but not punished... Yellow_Colorz_PDT_31 :evil:
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB