It is currently 27 May 2017, 19:23

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: McLaren Suspend Employee in Ferrari Probe
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2007, 06:09  
car driver

zack wrote:
chelnov wrote:
it seems a ferrari's maneuver to excuse the poor performance they showed on monaco, canada and us

errr :roll:

the logical reason for bad performance was damage wind tunnel!

ok, will you accept "an attempt to divert attention from the poor performance..." instead?
jk lol :p
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2007, 16:23  
kart driver

zack wrote:

msn.gif

:lol:

awesome zack! !cool!!!!
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2007, 16:38  
F1 Rookie

zack wrote:

:lol:

hahahhaa XD :lol: :lol: :lol:
nice

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2007, 09:55  
F1 Legend

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :@:2 :@:2 :@:2 :@:2 zack ur so Funny with all ur pictures hehehe

if McLaren is found guilty, should the drivers be penalized too? Bernie thinks the driver is not responsible and was only "fooled" into driving the car. But as Pitpass points out, the driver gained an advantage by driving the car and so must be penalized too, just like when the engine blows up without the driver being responsible, and he's penalized too with the 10 spot penalty.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2007, 06:36  
Co-Admin

Quote:
Ferrari officially announced legal action has been taken against Coughlan and his wife Trudy. She is alleged to have taken the 780-page Ferrari secret document at a photocopying shop near Woking.

One of the staff members of the photocopying shop was a Ferrari fan and when he realized the documents were confidential and belonged to Ferrari, he immediately tipped off Ferrari about the matter. This fact was confirmed by Ferrari’s lawyer.

Following a preliminary hearing in London’s High Court today, the case was delayed until tomorrow. The reason behind the delay was Coughlan’s desire for clarification about the privileges of self-incrimination and their relation with the ongoing legal investigation taking place in Italy against Nigel Stepney.

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2007, 12:52  
F1 Legend

Does not look good for McLaren as the implications are there,
A copy shop owner who didn't want to get nicked for copying obviously stolen material just might call someone to save his own hide.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2007, 16:54  
Co-Admin

McLaren charged over Stepneygate.

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2007, 17:24  
F1 Legend

Quote:
FIA summons McLaren in spy case

McLaren have been summoned to appear before an extraordinary meeting of the FIA World Motor Sport Council later this month to answer charges relating to Formula One's ongoing spy controversy surrounding their chief designer Mike Coughlan.

Following an investigation into the matter by the sport's governing body, the FIA wants McLaren to answer charges that they have breached Article 151C of the International Sporting Code.

The hearing will take place on July 26.

This relates to: "Any fraudulent conduct or any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport generally."

A statement issued by the FIA on Thursday said: "The team representatives have been called to answer a charge that between March and July 2007, in breach of Article 151c of the International Sporting Code, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes had unauthorised possession of documents and confidential information belonging to Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, including information that could be used to design, engineer, build, check, test, develop and/or run a 2007 Ferrari Formula One car."

Coughlan was found to have in his possession a 780-page document of classified technical information from Ferrari.

It is not clear how the dossier got into his hands, but McLaren have insisted several times that they have not acted incorrectly, and said they were confident the FIA would exonerate them.

Team boss Ron Dennis said at last weekend's British Grand Prix: "We have never to my knowledge, and certainly over the past few months over this period, ever used other people's intellectual property.

"It is not on our car. I am sure the FIA will confirm that either now or in the future, and that is the key message."

I think it will be hard to prove weather or not Macca had used that documents or not. I mean, even if they didn't used data to create car parts it could still give them ideas for their own development.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2007, 19:10  
F1 Rookie

from F1-ITV

Code:
McLaren has reiterated its insistence that suspended designer Mike Coughlan was the only member of its staff involved in the leaked data scandal.

The team released a statement today after an Italian newspaper published extracts allegedly taken from Coughlan's affidavit, which was provided to Ferrari and the FIA after a High Court session in London last week.

"McLaren is concerned that erroneous speculation has arisen from inaccurate and misleading reference to the contents of confidential legal papers filed at court in response to Ferrari’s UK action to recover its intellectual property," said McLaren's statement.

"This is unfortunate and is prejudicial to a fair interpretation of these matters.

"McLaren can confirm from its own investigation that no Ferrari materials or data are or have ever been in the possession of any McLaren employee other than the individual sued by Ferrari.

"The fact that he held at his home unsolicited materials from Ferrari was not known to any other member of the team prior to 3rd July 2007.

"Furthermore, McLaren has categorically established that no Ferrari information has at any stage been used to develop its car."

McLaren has been summoned to appear at an FIA hearing next Thursday to answer charges of having broken the sporting code by possessing confidential Ferrari information.

"McLaren looks forward to having the opportunity to present the complete and accurate picture of events in the appropriate forum, that is before the FIA World Motor Sport Council in Paris on 26th July 2007," the statement concluded.

The championship-leading team suspended Coughlan a fortnight ago after Ferrari data was found during a search of his house carried out as part of Ferrari's ongoing investigation in the conduct of former engineer Nigel Stepney.

It subsequently emerged that Stepney and Coughlan had met with Honda a month earlier to discuss joining Nick Fry's squad.

I going to be tricky to decide whether the information was used in the Mclaren car or not, with there recurrent form. Of course they are going to deny using it, but its hard to prove they did use it, and not so hard to prove they didn't use it, using there own design ideas, development of car. I happen to think the information never was actually used at Mclaren, They have been designing the car, and Chassis for half the previous year, so Info they got at the end of April would not have dramatically changed the car, there has been no time to design and develop it.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2007, 19:38  
F1 Legend

the info may or could have been used knowing ferraris weekend and testing strategies as pertaining to fuel levels, sandbagging and such
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2007, 20:24  
Co-Admin

Mike Coughlan, macca's designer wrote:
"It's true. I had all the designs. It was my responsibility. I showed those designs to McLaren and not just to Jonathan Neale [McLaren's team manager] but to others as well. Everyone reacted the same way and told me to get rid of them."

If this is true then macca are in danger :p
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2007, 02:13  
kart driver

Maybe the Season is over For McLaren... ::oops:;

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2007, 03:20  
Kart Champion

After reading most of the articles regarding this incident, I have noted Mclaren saying, more than once: "There is no Ferrari technology on our cars"

Now, if Mclaren didnt know about the data that had been received by Coughlan - as they say, how on earth would they know if there were any Ferrari tech on their cars?
Coughlan was chief designer, so, I am sure that any gains made by the data that he received, he either: told someone, or didnt .. either way Mclaren is guilty ..

I feel that if, and they should, get punished, they should have all points from April till now deducted in both drivers and constructor even if there is no Ferrari development .. because, regardless, Coughlan was, at the time, a Mclaren employee and as the old saying goes - "We win as a team & we lose as a team" no question about it, no matter either way this is - against the rules.

I am Owner/Director of a website development company, and if one of my developers used my code or designs to line his pockets or benefit himself on the side or anywhere, Id beat the $hit out of him, fire him and make sure he never worked again - Its called plagiarism folks, and, I hate it!!!!

This is MUCH worse than what Honda got caught for in 2005, much worse -

At the end of the day, it isnt gonna matter whats happens, because Kimi will still beat 'em - on the track, not in a court room.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2007, 11:28  
F1 Legend

New statement from Stepney's lawyer:
http://www.gazzetta.it/Motori/Formula1/ ... pney.shtml

Text in English:
Quote:
'Stepney would like to underline that he had nothing to do with the affair with which his name has been associated. He would like those who are responsible to be identified. He has his suspicions and is ready to reveal them to Ferrari and Jean Todt. For this reason, his defense team has in the past couple of days been arranging a meeting between him and Ferrari.'
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2007, 05:39  
Co-Admin

Mclaren built without using Ferrari's information :@:2

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next