It is currently 17 Aug 2017, 21:26

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2007, 17:04  
Kart Champion

mikedc73 wrote:
if so Who is their son jean todt??? !grin!

Good one :@:2

@Beer
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2007, 17:12  
F1 Routinier

mikedc73 wrote:
sms and emails no hard technical data. fia looking after there mates at ferrari ... again.

i agree with you...... @Beer

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2007, 19:37  
F1 Rookie

Apparantly McLaren WERE going to be banned for 2 years and someone left and reported it... But Bernie talked them into just giving them the fine and constructors deduction...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2007, 21:38  
Kart Champion

Check this out. This is a picture that a Romanian sports newspaper put in > http://prosport.ro/image.php?imagine=0- ... g&id=58628

Man, some people are incredibly stupid :rule#
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 01:33  
GP2 Driver

mclaren out right cheated... they had the penalty coming!

i agree with the penlty an i think its fair... i dont know what you mclaren fans are on about, FIArrari bull s*** because im sure you would all want justice if it were the other way round and ferrari had the advantage by testing ferrari components!

a lot of people ive spoken to raise the question, arent the drivers part of the team and dont they drive the car which benifited from this espionage?

i think it is true but in fairness i think not penalising mclaren drivers was a good outcome!
besides, i would like to think ferrari can still win the championship without mclaren being disqualified!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 19:53  
Co-Admin

Raikkonen gave evidence in spy case

source:- http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62497
autosport wrote:
Ferrari driver Kimi Raikkonen testified to last week's Formula One spy hearing that McLaren eavesdropped on Ferrari's team radio throughout his time there, Jean Todt said on Sunday.

The Ferrari team boss told reporters at the Belgian Grand Prix, won by Raikkonen, that the Finn's evidence to the Paris hearing was produced to counter a claim from McLaren that Ferrari had snooped on them.

"Kimi Raikkonen made a witness statement about radio communications from his former team," said Todt.

"And maybe one word about that," he continued.

"I have read so much about the 'skeleton in the closet' for Ferrari, the big surprise about what might have happened over the last 10 years.

"The skeleton which was submitted was radio communication."

Leading teams encrypt their communications to and from drivers to protect information from rivals but Todt said it was common practice to hack into them.

"I have to admit that we listen to certain car radios," he said.

"Kimi testified that it was a common practice in his former team from 2002 to 2006.

"When our lawyer asked one of their (McLaren's) witnesses if it was true that they listened to the (other team's) radio, the reply was in the affirmative."

Raikkonen joined Ferrari from McLaren at the end of last season as replacement for seven times champion Michael Schumacher.

thats very bad :evil:

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2007, 14:39  
F1 Legend

Ferrari President dedicates win to photocopy shop employee
17 September 2007

Ferrari´s President Luca di Montezemolo has dedicated Ferrari´s one-two to the team's fans and to the English man who informed the Italian team about the person that wanted to copy Ferrari documents in his photocopy shop in June.

On Sunday Kimi Raikkonen won the Belgian Grand Prix, his team mate Felipe Massa finished in second position. With Ferrari's one-two it also claimed the constructors' championship already with McLaren taken out of that championship. Speaking about the team's victory at Spa-Francorchamps Di Montezemolo told Reuters: "It's a perfect victory, for which I want to thank Raikkonen, Massa, Todt and all these guys," he said after Finland's Kimi Raikkonen led Brazilian teammate Felipe Massa across the finish line.

"I want to dedicate it to our fans who believe in the fairness of the sport and to this English gentleman who in the month of June wanted to inform us that someone linked to an opponent team entered into his shop and asked him to copy dozens of pages containing technical information about our car.

"Without him it would never have been possible to shine the light on to one of the worst pages in the history of motorsport," he said.
GPupdate.net
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2007, 15:59  
F1 Routinier

zack wrote:
Raikkonen gave evidence in spy case

source:- http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62497
Quote:
Ferrari driver Kimi Raikkonen testified to last week's Formula One spy hearing that McLaren eavesdropped on Ferrari's team radio throughout his time there, Jean Todt said on Sunday.

''hmm'' i think all of them resort to that kind of action if it's possible

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2007, 20:14  
Co-Admin

megasyxx wrote:
''hmm'' i think all of them resort to that kind of action if it's possible

no i don't think so Ferrari or sp. teams like Williams & bmw must be doing that!
Something that mclaren does(wrong) isn't necessary is regular practice in other teams ''hmm'' :@:2

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2007, 17:54  
GP2 Driver

McLaren Team will not appeal WMSC decision

McLaren Racing has notified the FIA of its intention not to appeal the verdict of the World Motor Sport Council, as announced on 13th September 2007.

Having now had time to study the judgement of the World Motor Sport Council with its lawyers and shareholders, McLaren thinks it is in the best interests of the sport, and its goal of winning races and world championships, not to appeal.

It is clear from the full judgement that the World Motor Sport Council concluded that the charge that a McLaren employee had "unauthorised possession of documents and confidential information" was proven.

Despite the existence of no evidence that the information was applied, tested or shared with the engineering team (which it was not), this possession constitutes a breach of the Code.

To our regret and embarrassment, the content of the previously unknown emails demonstrated possession not being limited to a single person, albeit unsanctioned in any way by the team. For this breach of Article 151c, a very heavy penalty has been imposed on the team.

The major principle of the issue for McLaren is: this information was not used to gain advantage on its cars.

Moving forwards, and in consultation with our shareholders, we will now review and further strengthen our internal compliance structures and processes.

Ron Dennis said: "We believe the time has come to put this huge distraction behind us. McLaren wants to win races and World Championships. We are fortunate to have, and continue to receive, unwavering support from our employees, sponsor partners and Formula 1 fans across the world – all of whom are equally keen that we totally focus on winning this year's Drivers' Championship and the remaining three races of the season."

Source: F1-Live.com

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2007, 18:40  
Co-Admin

Quote:
Having now had time to study the judgement of the World Motor Sport Council with its lawyers and shareholders, McLaren thinks it is in the best interests of the sport :@:2 , and its goal of winning races and world championships, not to appeal.

bla bla bla ..c**p -whistling-

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2007, 20:06  
F1 Driver

Anyone has seen the uncensored FIA ruling document?

In my opinion it contains a lot of inside information which will help other teams develop their car.

Flavio must be super happy.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2007, 20:22  
F1 Rookie

Yeah its really stupid :roll:: they've just made matters even worse...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2007, 12:59  
Co-Admin

New F1 Movie :@:2
Courtesy to Tika

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2007, 14:13  
F1 Routinier

McLaren may yet be banned warns Mosley

F1's espionage saga involving McLaren may not yet be over, Max Mosley has warned. Fearing infection by Ferrari secrets, the FIA President said inspectors will enter the team's Woking factory before its 2008 car is allowed to race. "They could be banned for 2008," he clarified to the Daily Mirror.

"If there is serious evidence the information has influenced the design then we would have to look very seriously at their involvement in 2008. I hope that it won't happen." In the World Motor Sport Council transcripts, McLaren boss Ron Dennis is quoted as urging Mosley to begin the inspections as soon as possible.

"I care only about the McLaren name," he told Mosley, who chaired the hearings in which a record $100m fine and expulsion from the constructors' championship was imposed. Dennis added: "Once that inspection has been proven to be devoid of anything that could possibly be related to Ferrari intellectual property, I would like that in the public domain as quickly as possible. "

***From F1-Live.com***

''hmm'' i smell something fishy here, inspectors for the 2008 car......what if the inspectors leak the technical info or whatever info to other teams?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next