Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Alonso linked to spy row evidence

Post by megasyxx » 10 Sep 2007, 20:41

''hmm'' ..........well i've got two words for him pino allieve......he stinks! $peace

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 10 Sep 2007, 20:43

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3 ... 70,00.html

McLaren boss Ron Dennis has insisted that he will not resign amid rumours that he has been offered a deal in which his resignation would trigger the end of the apparent witch-hunt being carried out against his team.

With brickbats flying in from all directions, Dennis described his weekend at Monza as the hardest he has ever faced in F1. And next week promises to be no easier: Dennis will be at the forefront of McLaren's defence at the FIA hearing on Thursday in which the team face expulsion from the Championship if they are found guilty of using secret Ferrari material to their advantage.

Amid paddock talk of the case being kept alive by a 'personal vendetta' against Dennis, The Independent reports: 'It is alleged that Dennis has been offered a deal whereby, if he retires from the sport, all of McLaren's problems would disappear.'

Why would they clear Mclaren (if they are guilty afterall) is ROn Dennis resigns? Don't you think that the aim of all this is to get rid of him?

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 10 Sep 2007, 20:47

Dark_Fisico wrote:Yeah but the original back up/start off data would still be usefull... Someone explained it elsewhere (I'll have to find it tomorrow) it would actually help McLaren a lot in their understanding of the Ferrari...
''hmm''.........it's hard enough understanding your own car, let alone understanding someone else's car &doh

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 10 Sep 2007, 20:51

maltafan wrote:ROn Dennis resigns? Don't you think that the aim of all this is to get rid of him?
I dunno.... ''hmm'' there's also this stinky fake email writer, although i think that individual is only riding on the issue (supposed new evidence)

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 11 Sep 2007, 17:55

The Italian journalist admitted the email wasn't the exact wording but it's hypothetical - (allegedly) the emails do exist

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Appeal Hearing

Post by megasyxx » 11 Sep 2007, 18:02

Ferrari would accept inherited title - ''A deserved victory,'' says Montezemolo

Luca di Montezemolo on Tuesday said Ferrari would accept the World Championship this year even if it was won in the courts. In Frankfurt for the famous auto show, the Maranello-based marque's president said if championship leader McLaren is disqualified on Thursday by the World Motor Sport Council, "it would be a deserved victory" for the Prancing Horse. "To win the world title at the table (rather than on the track) would in any case be a deserved victory," Montezemolo is quoted as saying in Germany by Gazzetta dello Sport, where Michael Schumacher helped him launch the new 430 model.

He added: "We would deserve it because it would have been won in the other case in a way that was not correct, not legal and not sporting."
Montezemolo, meanwhile, echoed other F1 voices that say the entire espionage saga is not good for the sport. "The less spoken about it the better," he agreed. "It interests us that this ugly chronicle is closed in a hurry but above all with the truth exposed." DaimlerChrysler president Dieter Zetsche, linked with McLaren through its subsidiary Mercedes-Benz, was also at the Frankfurt auto show, where he was similarly asked about Thursday's Paris hearing. "We wait for Thursday with tranquillity; we will see what happens," he told the news agency DPA.

***Courtesy of F1 Live.com***

''hmm'' ''hmm'' ''hmm'' ......man! what a cheapsteak..... $peace

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 11 Sep 2007, 19:16

he's rubbish :roll::
4ever McLaren...

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 11 Sep 2007, 19:53

If Ferrari wins the case that means mclaren had use the data or they knew it ...
so mclaren gained unfair advantage offtrack ...
its then completely fair for Ferrari to win off track and its well deserve $peace
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

lmcsp
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lmcsp » 11 Sep 2007, 20:26

Cant wait for tomorrow, but a couple of things that we also must take into consideration:

1/ Macca won in Hungary with an illegal gearbox, although they were fined US$50,000 - think of Honda being DQ'd for 2 races for an illegal fuel tank - hmm?

2/ Macca have just come out trying to drag down Renault. What for? I don't know - but how would they [macca] know that there was something dodgey about Renaults cars, do they have blueprints of their cars to?

Something fishy is definitely going on here - so I really do want to see the truth come out, but having said that, after all the articles that I have read and time I have spent trying to find out more - I would be happy if macca were excluded for 2007, not 2008 included as I want to see what their goldenboy can produce once Alonso has moved on

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 11 Sep 2007, 20:55

lmcsp wrote:Macca won in Hungary with an illegal gearbox, although they were fined US$50,000 - think of Honda being DQ'd for 2 races for an illegal fuel tank - hmm?
a gearbox if way off from a fuel tank....and macca informed the stewards ahead of free practice that they'll be using a revised gearbox, i think it's just miscommunication or something. while the honda case, that fuel tank was supposed to be ballast, but instead made that hidden fuel tank $peace

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 12 Sep 2007, 07:03

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 12 Sep 2007, 12:35

Comments of Paul Stoddart....

"What does FIA stand for? It stands for Ferrari International Assistance, and that's been proven time and time again to be the case. Whether it's the $100m payment when the manufacturers were threatening to walk away and set up their own series and which started Ferrari's demise in the GPMA (Grand Prix Manufacturers' Association), or whatever, the FIA has consistently helped Ferrari, all the way down the line. The only difference is that lately it's been so blatant even a blind man can see it. And the reality is that it's damaging the sport.

Returning to the issue of supposed Ferrari bias with the FIA, Stoddart repeats a story which was in circulation in the days following the Hungarian GP.

"I've heard from an impeccable source, someone whom I trust, someone who was there, that a group of F1 journalists were in a restaurant on the Saturday night and Felipe Massa was at another table.

"As they were leaving, one of the journalists said to Felipe, "It looks like nothing's going to happen tomorrow," to which Felipe replied, "No, no, no . . . Alonso's been penalized and McLaren are not going to score any Constructors' points." This was just after 11pm, though there was no official announcement until 11.35pm. Someone needs to ask how is it that Felipe knew the stewards' decision before anyone else.
"

At the post-qualifying press conference in Turkey, Massa was asked about this after the story had appeared in the German media. "That is crazy!" said the Brazilian. However, Stoddart is adamant. "I trust my source," he says. "Besides, they were there."

''hmm''

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren

Post by iceman1 » 12 Sep 2007, 13:45

Dennis gets support from an unlikely source:
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=32733

Ferrari: no qualms if title won in courts:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62275

some people worry that McLaren might become the next Tyrrell. Team Tyrrell never really recovered from being thrown out of the 1984 championship. McLaren might well not survive being chucked out of the 2007/2008 championships

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 13 Sep 2007, 08:17

anyone knows the result of the case????

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 13 Sep 2007, 08:28

it started at 09.30 am so it'll be take a long time about 5-6 hours..
4ever McLaren...