Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: Alonso linked to spy row evidence

Post by iceman1 » 07 Sep 2007, 18:50

, TS reminds that FIA doesn't really follow any strict rules. Toyota was banned from WRC for some time in 1995, but then Toyota had all Ferrari blueprints in 2003 when building their F1 car but didn't get punished. And pretty recently Spyker's Kolles was showing Toro Rosso's blueprints when he accused them as Red Bull replicas. Nobody even asked where Kolles got those blueprints.

tvianna
kart driver
kart driver

Post by tvianna » 08 Sep 2007, 01:10

donald29 wrote:very, very, very strange.

But maybe this is what he meant when he said I hve brought 6 tenths to this team! :@:2
!grin! !grin! !grin!

I've read that maybe Alonso had come forth with this new evidence even before Mosley's letter, in order to find a way to leave McLaren without paying for it. The letter from Mosley to the McLaren drivers was just a kind of disguise.
But that's only another speculation.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 08 Sep 2007, 14:46

Martin withmarsh: "Pedro , nice to work with u, Here the Door'' :p

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 08 Sep 2007, 14:52

I am so fed up with this c**p i just wish it all be over and done with. the hearing on thursday couldnt come soon enough for me.
I just hope that if mclaren are found guilty of using parts then the verdict will be justified and if found innocent the plastic ferrari fans will go back where every it was they came from and stop bringing this subject up. ive always been a ferrari fan but more importantly an F1 fan and this c**p needs to be put to bed a.s.a.p.

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 08 Sep 2007, 14:53

iceman1 wrote:Image

Martin withmarsh: "Pedro , nice to work with u, Here the Door'' :p
LOL

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 10 Sep 2007, 13:01

"Journalist admits Alonso-de la Rosa email fake (Pino Allievi making it up for credibility...)"

A journalist has admitted that he invented the contents of the supposed email that may be part of FIA's 'new evidence' against McLaren.
As the espionage saga scaled new heights in the Monza paddock, La Gazzetta dello Sport published this exchange between Pedro de la Rosa and Fernando Alonso.
But Italian journalist Pino Allievi has now confessed to concocting the exchange in order to make his article about the existence of the email 'more credible'.

"I made a free interpretation of what might have been said in the email," he told AP, insisting that the hypothetical nature of the drivers' dialogue was mentioned on his article published on Friday.

***From F1Live.com***

''hmm'' ........

''hmm'' .............. and

''hmm''

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 10 Sep 2007, 13:23

It doesn't really matter, the FIA can't take into account what a paper says anyway... I thought all the e-mail stuff came out on Thursday :(...

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 10 Sep 2007, 14:54

Now there's so much speculation, contra-speculation and outright lies going on that soon I don't realize anything about anything. :(

I'll try to recapitulate what we know FOR A FACT. And that is what FIA has come out with regarding this mess. (if we assume FIA isn't lying to us of course !grin! )

1. Coughlan (McLaren) was found to be in possession of Ferrari data. How he got it is unknown. (Stepney is still denying!)

It could not be proven this data was ever used, so McLaren was found guilty of possession of confidential material, but no punishment was handed out.

2. A letter from FIA is sent out to the three McLaren drivers Alonso, de la Rosa and Hamilton, urging them to supply FIA with "written evidence relevant to the investigation" , because it has come to FIA's knowledge that they MAY be in possession of such. (how and why and what we don't know)

3. The drivers - at least Alonso - cooperates, but what he supplies FIA with is totally unknown. Whether the other drivers have given the FIA anything is also unknown.

These are the only facts we have so far.

McLaren claim they have a strong case, but that they have chosen to remain silent until Thursday. I hope they are telling the truth. :(
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 10 Sep 2007, 16:09

:p

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 10 Sep 2007, 18:47

I hope one of you can clean this quetion up for me, i read an article (i do not have the link) that alonso has given information to FIA that mclaren used a FERRARI setup in may? WTF is a ferrari setup, i know what a setup is meaning trye pressures, wing telemetry and so on but what is a ferrai setup do they own the rights to certain degrees/angles and psi or what? sarcasm :p

or is it something else other than that? ''hmm'' [help]

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 10 Sep 2007, 18:50

What it is basically if McLaren knew the Ferrari set up they know basically what balance the car is on etc...

Haven't you heard about Alonso keeping his set up from Hamilton... Its the same for teams they don't like other people knowing how they are going to work...

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 10 Sep 2007, 19:01

Dark_Fisico wrote:What it is basically if McLaren knew the Ferrari set up they know basically what balance the car is on etc...

Haven't you heard about Alonso keeping his set up from Hamilton... Its the same for teams they don't like other people knowing how they are going to work...
Haven't you heard about Alonso keeping his set up from Hamilton... <yeah i knew about that but i thought that the set up changed from track to track and how would alonso know what setup ferrari were using as ferrari couldnt of even known themselves until that weekend after all the free practice?

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 10 Sep 2007, 19:04

Yeah but the original back up/start off data would still be usefull... Someone explained it elsewhere (I'll have to find it tomorrow) it would actually help McLaren a lot in their understanding of the Ferrari...

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 10 Sep 2007, 19:23

Dark_Fisico wrote:Yeah but the original back up/start off data would still be usefull... Someone explained it elsewhere (I'll have to find it tomorrow) it would actually help McLaren a lot in their understanding of the Ferrari...
i just would of thought that just because (example) if you knew how a set up for one car is done it would not apply to another car that has differant properties and even if the ferrari mechanics would of spelt it out - how can it be applied to a differant car with differant aero dynamics as understanding a ferrari setup does not help towards understanding your own setup of a car that is a differant. just wondering it would make an interesting read if you do find it tomorrow!! :huh:

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 10 Sep 2007, 20:23

megasyxx wrote:"Journalist admits Alonso-de la Rosa email fake (Pino Allievi making it up for credibility...)"

A journalist has admitted that he invented the contents of the supposed email that may be part of FIA's 'new evidence' against McLaren.
As the espionage saga scaled new heights in the Monza paddock, La Gazzetta dello Sport published this exchange between Pedro de la Rosa and Fernando Alonso.
But Italian journalist Pino Allievi has now confessed to concocting the exchange in order to make his article about the existence of the email 'more credible'.

"I made a free interpretation of what might have been said in the email," he told AP, insisting that the hypothetical nature of the drivers' dialogue was mentioned on his article published on Friday.

***From F1Live.com***

'
We should give Pino Allieve the nobel prize for being a gentleman. That fake e mail made the biggest news, when it wasn't true. I hope Gazzetta dello sport will sack him now.