Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Espionage at Ferrari and McLaren

Post by Dark_Fisico » 13 Sep 2007, 19:08

raikks wrote:
Dark_Fisico wrote: THATS TOTAL BULL!!!

They are surronded by scandel because of Coughlan not Alonso :roll:: ...

What was it Sennas fault what happened between him and Prost all those years ago??? NO!!! Drivers don't have to get on, they can be pains in the butt, and fans then argue about it... But COME ON blaming him for something you have no proof he had anything to do with and who 1.WASN'T the culprit (we know it was Coughlan) and 2.DIDN'T give a statement today is just plainly childish...
Actually, I was referring to US GP when he started to say in the media that he does not gain the same attention as Lewis does and his car is weaker, or in Hungary, when he kept Lewis behind him in Qualifying. His place does not belong in this team. He made a perfect duo with Briatore.

Anyway, here's the statement from McLaren. Quite pathetic ...
OK then I apologise I thought you were talking about everything in general...

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 13 Sep 2007, 19:10

what's so pathetic about that? &doh

raikks
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by raikks » 13 Sep 2007, 19:15

megasyxx wrote:what's so pathetic about that? &doh
The way it was written. I expected a more pointed reaction, not this silly-written text by a 10 year old girl like "we have the best drivers in the world and we will fight for the Championships and bla bla"

Anyways, does anyone heard any reaction from Ron Dennis?

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 13 Sep 2007, 19:23

Apparantly he's talking on BBCNEWS24 but not being in the UK I can't see it !grin! :p ... If someone writes up something he said I'll post it here...

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 13 Sep 2007, 20:02

z06_23_45 wrote:So basically they're just handing the title to Ferrari on a silver plate? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

That is bulls**. Mclaren is winning the constructor's championship because they have the best driver and the best car on the planet not because of some bulls** papers.
That's the most unfair thing that could happen. But since Ferrari are the team in 2n place, FIA will do it. montezemolo said that Ferrai would accept the title happily. Of course they will. It's given to them on a silver plate and it's better than nothing, no? At the end, they will still remember that they were half a second slower than the team who stole their own data. :huh:

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 13 Sep 2007, 20:46

Take that Ferrari F*ckers !yahoo:

Now try to stop Hamilton ^cool^
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

lmcsp
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lmcsp » 13 Sep 2007, 21:02

This may sound stupid, but ..

.. again, macca has been found guilty, but are still aloud to race.

If macca, as a constructor, are guilty would that as a result make their cars illegal, as, the guilty party built them.

I am not saying this is an unjust outcome, I just feel that it does appear that the decision was made taking the WDC into consideration, which should not be the case.

Lets look at it in another angle: If a sports team, lets say the All Blacks, their management were to break some sporting code during the world cup and lets say the players didn't know about their management doing so, the team would certainly be excluded, no question about it ..

And on another note, I can see Alonsos engine breaking in at least 2 of the remaining races now that the constructors is over.

GodHatesKimi
kart driver
kart driver

Post by GodHatesKimi » 13 Sep 2007, 22:47

woah, that means BMW in 2nd place?! well deserved!! considering theyve kept out of all this spying hassle :T:@
BRING BACK SUZUKA!!!

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 14 Sep 2007, 01:36

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 449644.ece

"But last night, Vodafone executives were in shock. A spokeswoman said: “We need to speak to the team and get a full report on what the way forward will be.”

The Italian team said:

"In light of new evidence, facts and behaviour of an extremely serious nature and grossly prejudicial to the interest of the sport have been further demonstrated."

And so as not to be biased.

The British team said:

"We will now fight with all our resolve in order to give a proper response on the circuit, as we last did in Monza, and to get justice before the court."

I'd like to have this season finished as quickly as possible. Let's have a clean 2008

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 14 Sep 2007, 01:54

lmcsp wrote:This may sound stupid, but ..

.. again, macca has been found guilty, but are still aloud to race.

If macca, as a constructor, are guilty would that as a result make their cars illegal, as, the guilty party built them.

I am not saying this is an unjust outcome, I just feel that it does appear that the decision was made taking the WDC into consideration, which should not be the case.

Lets look at it in another angle: If a sports team, lets say the All Blacks, their management were to break some sporting code during the world cup and lets say the players didn't know about their management doing so, the team would certainly be excluded, no question about it ..

And on another note, I can see Alonsos engine breaking in at least 2 of the remaining races now that the constructors is over.
Ya i agree with him.....

but the monitory penalty is fairly severe... and i can also see alonso's engine blow.

raikks
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by raikks » 14 Sep 2007, 03:03

iceman1 wrote:I'd like to have this season finished as quickly as possible. Let's have a clean 2008
I thing it was by far the most challenging season since 1999 -- when I started to watch F1. McLaren is by far one of the fairest team in the Championship and so, they don't deserve something like that.

But I feel that L.Hamilton has some revenges to take this week-end. Ferrari will feel sorry about their "green table title" as they will be humiliated until the end of the season.

raikks
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by raikks » 14 Sep 2007, 03:17

Does anyone agree that this decision was taken well before the WMSC started?

raikks
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by raikks » 14 Sep 2007, 10:18

Fresh news ... or let's say rumors. But I see no reason why they shouldn't prove to be true.

You've probably wondered from where these new evidence came from? Well, that's simple. From Ron Dennis himself !cool!!!!

And ... why the f*** he did so? #Fear Simple. Because that stinky butt-hole Fernandes Alonso told his boss that he is in possession of information that might be in the interest of the FIA :rule# -- as GrandPrix.com wrote today. And so, Ron Dennis preferred to go by himself to the FIA and show them the incriminating evidence. :T:@

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 14 Sep 2007, 11:02

F1 Championship 2007 RIP
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=32759

Harsh punishment the result of Mosley's war on McLaren

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 962074.ece
Briatore: McLaren penalty 'very harsh'
By Jonathan Noble and Michele Lostia Friday, September 14th 2007, 09:49 GMT

Renault boss Flavio Briatore thinks McLaren's punishment over the spy controversy was 'harsh'.

The Italian had said before the FIA hearing on Friday that he wanted the truth to emerge, and he felt that there was now a chance of the sport putting the matter behind it.

When asked by Gazzetta dello Sport whether he thought the verdict was harsh or lenient, he said: "I think it's very harsh. What more could they give to McLaren?"

Expanding on his thoughts he said: "Well, taking away from a team all the points gained this season is a big blow. In Formula One a lot of money is spent, and McLaren has a lot less at their disposal now.

"What was decided by the world council will certainly be a deterrent. But we need to read the evidence, that is the motivation of the verdict. I don't think just the tip-offs emerged, but a lot more.

"The most important thing, however, is that in Paris the truth emerged and a punishment was imposed. There will be a more serene atmosphere in Belgium than at Monza."

Briatore also thought it right that Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso were not punished.

"From now to the end of the season we'll have a nice battle between Hamilton and Alonso. The drivers are not responsible, good or bad they did their job. They almost never know the technical matters."

Former world champion Niki Lauda, who is now a TV commentator, believes that the FIA had no choice but to come down hard on McLaren.

"I've never seen a heavier fine in my life in the entire world of sport, not just in Formula One. The FIA took a very harsh decision with that verdict. But evidently they couldn't do otherwise."

He also backed Briatore's view on the drivers not being punished.

"I feel the logical thing was done because this is a matter concerning mainly what the team have done," he said. "In my opinion the drivers shouldn't have been involved at all.

"A driver takes risks, puts his bravery in and almost never knows what happens behind the garages. It's fine that way."

The FIA is due to publish more details of the hearing later today.

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 14 Sep 2007, 13:43

Here's an OP/ED from the local paper today about the Ferrari/McLaren debacle. It makes for good reading and really speaks the truth...

http://www.wheels.ca/article/31488