It is currently 28 Jul 2017, 08:53

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: "Prost Warns McLaren Over Tactics"
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2007, 17:54  
kart driver

Joined: 12 May 2007, 15:04
Posts: 98
"I think it's a mistake to have two cars of the same status in the same team," said Prost.

"In the end it will work against them because it creates too many tensions." from BBC

If this is true it is because Alonso can't handle the pressure/competition. Either way, McLaren is producing the best cars at the moment and both drivers would probably be at a loss if either left the team.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati 
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2007, 18:08  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Posts: 5873
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH
Country: Philippines (ph)
yeah.....considering fernando is a 2-time world champion he obviously has the "ego factor" if mclaren have this same quick car but instead have kimi and lewis at the helm, there might be not too much tension.....but observers say fernando had a lot to do with the current pace of the MP4-22, the question is: without alonso, would the MP4-22 be this quick?
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2007, 19:25  
kart driver

Joined: 12 May 2007, 15:04
Posts: 98
megasyxx wrote:
yeah.....considering fernando is a 2-time world champion he obviously has the "ego factor" if mclaren have this same quick car but instead have kimi and lewis at the helm, there might be not too much tension.....but observers say fernando had a lot to do with the current pace of the MP4-22, the question is: without alonso, would the MP4-22 be this quick?


Good question... Since Hamilton hadn't had too much chair time in an F1 car I would have to believe that Alonso was a big factor in some of the developments that took place over winter testing etc... But, at this point in the season I would think that LH is and will be a wealth of knowledge in further development of McLaren's cars over this season and in between which may make the Alonso factor obsolete. Either way you can't take away Fernando's accomplishments both on and off the track. It's a win-win situation for McLaren at the moment as long as they can control their drivers. Who will leave McLaren first though?.....
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2007, 20:00  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Posts: 5873
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH
Country: Philippines (ph)
i agree with your comments phillyred, but i still predict fernando to win this year's wdc over hamilton and mclaren also win the constructors title.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: "Prost Warns McLaren Over Tactics"
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2007, 20:00  
F1 Rookie

Joined: 23 Dec 2006, 02:46
Posts: 505
Location: UK
phillyred79 wrote:
"I think it's a mistake to have two cars of the same status in the same team," said Prost.

"In the end it will work against them because it creates too many tensions." from BBC

If this is true it is because Alonso can't handle the pressure/competition. Either way, McLaren is producing the best cars at the moment and both drivers would probably be at a loss if either left the team.


well i don't think anyone was expecting that lewis would be beating alonso so it's not like the team made the decision knowing that they would have two top guys fighting each other...so mclaren did not infact make a mistake...i think prost should go back to managing his own prost team before talking about mclaren :lol:

anyway who cares if there's tension, at least there are top guys both in the same team, both driving identical cars fighting for the title...it's been a long time since we've seen that so why end the fun

_________________
mm tofu
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2007, 13:26  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Posts: 5873
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH
Country: Philippines (ph)
yeah.....let's hope alonso would be professional enough and stop whining......let his driving do the talking
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2007, 15:47  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2007, 17:52
Posts: 4007
Location: Kent
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Prost did drive with Senna so he would know

_________________
http://i40.tinypic.com/2w7fw9v.jpg
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2007, 18:04  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2006, 14:05
Posts: 2360
Location: Malta
As long there is competition and not rivalry between them, the only entity to gain is the McLaren as a team and us as followers.

The trouble starts when they will be rivals on track.

And Re Alonso winning the championship, there are only 10 races left to the end of the season, and Alonso has to win 5 of them if Hamilton comes in 2nd, to reach Hamilton on top spot, and that's not easy unless Hamilton stops in one of the next races.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2007, 15:12  
F1 Routinier
User avatar

Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 18:30
Posts: 5873
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila PH
Country: Philippines (ph)
the current points systems really rewards the top 2 drivers.....as if the runnerup also won the race :D :D :D :D

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2007, 15:49  
Donator

Joined: 20 Jun 2007, 15:42
Posts: 590
Location: Almeria, Spain
megasyxx wrote:
yeah.....considering fernando is a 2-time world champion he obviously has the "ego factor" if mclaren have this same quick car but instead have kimi and lewis at the helm, there might be not too much tension.....but observers say fernando had a lot to do with the current pace of the MP4-22, the question is: without alonso, would the MP4-22 be this quick?


I'm sure. Without alonso, McLaren have a lot of problems. Hamilton get setup from Alonso, that's 50% of a race
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2007, 15:53  
Donator

Joined: 20 Jun 2007, 15:42
Posts: 590
Location: Almeria, Spain
And when Alonso was on Renault, they always did a good start of session. They get a lot of points on first races and then only have to administrate his diferent.

Alonso, get a very good set up. Since winter, and in every race. Look now Renault. They have a lot of problems, that they would solve in winter with Alonso.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2007, 16:00  
Donator

Joined: 20 Jun 2007, 15:42
Posts: 590
Location: Almeria, Spain
phillyred79 wrote:
megasyxx wrote:
But, at this point in the season I would think that LH is and will be a wealth of knowledge in further development of McLaren's cars over this season and in between which may make the Alonso factor obsolete. Either way you can't take away Fernando's accomplishments both on and off the track. It's a win-win situation for McLaren at the moment as long as they can control their drivers. Who will leave McLaren first though?.....


I don't think so. HM gets Alonso Fridays set up.

And, on Monaco, HM stop 1 lap behind Alonso. He (HM) said McLaren did it to ensure Alonso victory. But, on Canada and USA, McLaren do the same, and it gaves victory to HM, at least on Canada. Why HM didn't say anything?. If Alonso pit first in canada, he will fight for victory, and HM, only to get a few points
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2007, 18:48  
Kart Champion
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 17:44
Posts: 158
Location: caffe "4 U"
And what realy matters to Ronn is that Mclaren is leading 1-2 in drivers championship, leads the constructors, hes a perfect reliebility, perfect speed, perfect drivers and at the end the only think that matters is a title, they finisshed all races in points so far, how perfect is that

_________________
BMW Power
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2007, 19:07  
F1 Legend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Posts: 23702
Location: North Pole
Country: Northern Mariana Islands (mp)
Alonso just been quoted that he thinks Mclaren is favouring Hamilton and that he was lucky to win the Canadian Grand Prix.Talk about sour grapes Alonso made mistakes twice taking the 1st turn wide and losing places.Hamilton pulled out a lead that was shortened each time the saftey car came out only to pull away from the field each time.Hamilton again drove a flawless race.I hope he wins the championship and put Alonso in his place, behind him.
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2007, 21:01  
F1 Driver
User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2006, 14:05
Posts: 2360
Location: Malta
reyhan wrote:
And what realy matters to Ronn is that Mclaren is leading 1-2 in drivers championship, leads the constructors, hes a perfect reliebility, perfect speed, perfect drivers and at the end the only think that matters is a title, they finisshed all races in points so far, how perfect is that
McLaren got 106 points out of a possbile 126, and that is great.

_________________
Image
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:  
cron

F1Zone.net is proudly powered by phpBB