"Prost Warns McLaren Over Tactics"

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

"Prost Warns McLaren Over Tactics"

Post by phillyred79 » 18 Jun 2007, 17:54

"I think it's a mistake to have two cars of the same status in the same team," said Prost.

"In the end it will work against them because it creates too many tensions." from BBC

If this is true it is because Alonso can't handle the pressure/competition. Either way, McLaren is producing the best cars at the moment and both drivers would probably be at a loss if either left the team.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 18 Jun 2007, 18:08

yeah.....considering fernando is a 2-time world champion he obviously has the "ego factor" if mclaren have this same quick car but instead have kimi and lewis at the helm, there might be not too much tension.....but observers say fernando had a lot to do with the current pace of the MP4-22, the question is: without alonso, would the MP4-22 be this quick?

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Post by phillyred79 » 18 Jun 2007, 19:25

megasyxx wrote:yeah.....considering fernando is a 2-time world champion he obviously has the "ego factor" if mclaren have this same quick car but instead have kimi and lewis at the helm, there might be not too much tension.....but observers say fernando had a lot to do with the current pace of the MP4-22, the question is: without alonso, would the MP4-22 be this quick?
Good question... Since Hamilton hadn't had too much chair time in an F1 car I would have to believe that Alonso was a big factor in some of the developments that took place over winter testing etc... But, at this point in the season I would think that LH is and will be a wealth of knowledge in further development of McLaren's cars over this season and in between which may make the Alonso factor obsolete. Either way you can't take away Fernando's accomplishments both on and off the track. It's a win-win situation for McLaren at the moment as long as they can control their drivers. Who will leave McLaren first though?.....

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 18 Jun 2007, 20:00

i agree with your comments phillyred, but i still predict fernando to win this year's wdc over hamilton and mclaren also win the constructors title.

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: "Prost Warns McLaren Over Tactics"

Post by ntr » 18 Jun 2007, 20:00

phillyred79 wrote:"I think it's a mistake to have two cars of the same status in the same team," said Prost.

"In the end it will work against them because it creates too many tensions." from BBC

If this is true it is because Alonso can't handle the pressure/competition. Either way, McLaren is producing the best cars at the moment and both drivers would probably be at a loss if either left the team.
well i don't think anyone was expecting that lewis would be beating alonso so it's not like the team made the decision knowing that they would have two top guys fighting each other...so mclaren did not infact make a mistake...i think prost should go back to managing his own prost team before talking about mclaren :lol:

anyway who cares if there's tension, at least there are top guys both in the same team, both driving identical cars fighting for the title...it's been a long time since we've seen that so why end the fun
mm tofu

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 19 Jun 2007, 13:26

yeah.....let's hope alonso would be professional enough and stop whining......let his driving do the talking

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 19 Jun 2007, 15:47

Prost did drive with Senna so he would know

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 19 Jun 2007, 18:04

As long there is competition and not rivalry between them, the only entity to gain is the McLaren as a team and us as followers.

The trouble starts when they will be rivals on track.

And Re Alonso winning the championship, there are only 10 races left to the end of the season, and Alonso has to win 5 of them if Hamilton comes in 2nd, to reach Hamilton on top spot, and that's not easy unless Hamilton stops in one of the next races.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 20 Jun 2007, 15:12

the current points systems really rewards the top 2 drivers.....as if the runnerup also won the race :D :D :D :D

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 20 Jun 2007, 15:49

megasyxx wrote:yeah.....considering fernando is a 2-time world champion he obviously has the "ego factor" if mclaren have this same quick car but instead have kimi and lewis at the helm, there might be not too much tension.....but observers say fernando had a lot to do with the current pace of the MP4-22, the question is: without alonso, would the MP4-22 be this quick?
I'm sure. Without alonso, McLaren have a lot of problems. Hamilton get setup from Alonso, that's 50% of a race

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 20 Jun 2007, 15:53

And when Alonso was on Renault, they always did a good start of session. They get a lot of points on first races and then only have to administrate his diferent.

Alonso, get a very good set up. Since winter, and in every race. Look now Renault. They have a lot of problems, that they would solve in winter with Alonso.

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 20 Jun 2007, 16:00

phillyred79 wrote:
megasyxx wrote:But, at this point in the season I would think that LH is and will be a wealth of knowledge in further development of McLaren's cars over this season and in between which may make the Alonso factor obsolete. Either way you can't take away Fernando's accomplishments both on and off the track. It's a win-win situation for McLaren at the moment as long as they can control their drivers. Who will leave McLaren first though?.....
I don't think so. HM gets Alonso Fridays set up.

And, on Monaco, HM stop 1 lap behind Alonso. He (HM) said McLaren did it to ensure Alonso victory. But, on Canada and USA, McLaren do the same, and it gaves victory to HM, at least on Canada. Why HM didn't say anything?. If Alonso pit first in canada, he will fight for victory, and HM, only to get a few points

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by reyhan » 20 Jun 2007, 18:48

And what realy matters to Ronn is that Mclaren is leading 1-2 in drivers championship, leads the constructors, hes a perfect reliebility, perfect speed, perfect drivers and at the end the only think that matters is a title, they finisshed all races in points so far, how perfect is that
BMW Power

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 20 Jun 2007, 19:07

Alonso just been quoted that he thinks Mclaren is favouring Hamilton and that he was lucky to win the Canadian Grand Prix.Talk about sour grapes Alonso made mistakes twice taking the 1st turn wide and losing places.Hamilton pulled out a lead that was shortened each time the saftey car came out only to pull away from the field each time.Hamilton again drove a flawless race.I hope he wins the championship and put Alonso in his place, behind him.

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 20 Jun 2007, 21:01

reyhan wrote:And what realy matters to Ronn is that Mclaren is leading 1-2 in drivers championship, leads the constructors, hes a perfect reliebility, perfect speed, perfect drivers and at the end the only think that matters is a title, they finisshed all races in points so far, how perfect is that
McLaren got 106 points out of a possbile 126, and that is great.