It is currently 26 Jul 2017, 16:40

All times are UTC

Post subject: Driver of the Race: Indy -> Heikki
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2007, 16:58  
car driver

what a recovery from Montreal practice and qualifying.

he drove a solid race and stayed close to Heidfeld and Raikkonen for most of the race.

The Ferrari boys out strategized them on the pit stops as Kimi was very quicker on the in laps around the pit stops and going Medium-Soft-Soft (in reverse to most people).

considering the R27 doesn't have the F2007's pace, a 5th place and being within 25 seconds of Kimi in the closing laps (i.e. time for 1 stop in the pit lane at Indy for a 2 stopper strategy) is encouraging.... i.e. could they have been closer with a 1 stop strategy ? and they are 3 tenths per lap in gap to the Ferrari on average pace (i.e. 25 seconds/73 laps total at Indy).

This was a low downforce track though (and so was Montreal). We'll see what the car can do in medium downforce configurations which was the upcoming European leg tracks are like.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati 
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2007, 17:51  
GP2 Driver

my personal opinion is that renault are developing fast. their car is looking a whole lot better than the start of the season. we are seeing heikki and fisi able to keep up with the front runners if not a tiny bit off the pace. Heikki drove a solid race, a better performance than fisi (although fisi drove a good race his spin let him down and meant he had to fight from the back)

all in all i hope to see renault back as a fighting force for the 2008 championship and hopefully heikki can show his true colours!! :)

Post subject: Re: Driver of the Race: Indy -> Heikki
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2007, 17:37  
F1 Routinier

well, i think heiki's a good driver :D

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2007, 17:39  
F1 Driver

megasyxx wrote:
well, i think heiki's a good driver :D

yeah only when he starts driving on road and not on grass like austraila!

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?P36
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2007, 12:42  
car driver

Yes, his first races in F1 were not so good, BUT don't compare his performance to Lewis, driving one of the two topcars in the grid! And please mention, that it is his FIRST F1-season. Maybe we, and especially the press, should give him some time to grow.
Now, after the first half of the season Heikki is getting better than Giancarlo, who drove 187 (189) F1-races! Not the worst rookie I guess. The only problem is the comparison to the other top-team rookie this year... :S:
 Offline Profile