Driver of the Race: Indy -> Heikki

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
WOT Now
car driver
car driver

Driver of the Race: Indy -> Heikki

Post by WOT Now » 18 Jun 2007, 16:58

what a recovery from Montreal practice and qualifying.

he drove a solid race and stayed close to Heidfeld and Raikkonen for most of the race.

The Ferrari boys out strategized them on the pit stops as Kimi was very quicker on the in laps around the pit stops and going Medium-Soft-Soft (in reverse to most people).

considering the R27 doesn't have the F2007's pace, a 5th place and being within 25 seconds of Kimi in the closing laps (i.e. time for 1 stop in the pit lane at Indy for a 2 stopper strategy) is encouraging.... i.e. could they have been closer with a 1 stop strategy ? and they are 3 tenths per lap in gap to the Ferrari on average pace (i.e. 25 seconds/73 laps total at Indy).

This was a low downforce track though (and so was Montreal). We'll see what the car can do in medium downforce configurations which was the upcoming European leg tracks are like.

Chubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Chubbs » 18 Jun 2007, 17:51

my personal opinion is that renault are developing fast. their car is looking a whole lot better than the start of the season. we are seeing heikki and fisi able to keep up with the front runners if not a tiny bit off the pace. Heikki drove a solid race, a better performance than fisi (although fisi drove a good race his spin let him down and meant he had to fight from the back)

all in all i hope to see renault back as a fighting force for the 2008 championship and hopefully heikki can show his true colours!! :)

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Driver of the Race: Indy -> Heikki

Post by megasyxx » 25 Jun 2007, 17:37

well, i think heiki's a good driver :D

formulaonemadman
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by formulaonemadman » 25 Jun 2007, 17:39

megasyxx wrote:well, i think heiki's a good driver :D

yeah only when he starts driving on road and not on grass like austraila!
thanks shail69 for the avator!!!

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?P36

fgza
car driver
car driver

Post by fgza » 23 Jul 2007, 12:42

Yes, his first races in F1 were not so good, BUT don't compare his performance to Lewis, driving one of the two topcars in the grid! And please mention, that it is his FIRST F1-season. Maybe we, and especially the press, should give him some time to grow.
Now, after the first half of the season Heikki is getting better than Giancarlo, who drove 187 (189) F1-races! Not the worst rookie I guess. The only problem is the comparison to the other top-team rookie this year... :S: