New F1 Circuits

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
User avatar
SpykerMF1
Kart Champion
Kart Champion
Posts: 154
Joined: 08 Nov 2006, 19:35

Post by SpykerMF1 » 15 Jun 2007, 15:25

WDC wrote:i dont likenew circuis!

i prefere the history of the origionals, im disapointed enough that imola isnt there, and they ruined hockenheim too!

keep F1 traditional, othewise F1 will continue on itsdownhill journey!
You don't know how much I agree with you. I was very close to smashing a tv or something when I found out Spa was off the calander last year

User avatar
donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4007
Joined: 25 May 2007, 17:52
Location: Kent

Post by donald29 » 15 Jun 2007, 16:50

I was gutted when they changed Hockenheim!! It used to be brilliant (especially on games) with those high speeds through the forests. It was funny when drivers got lost in the forests as well. :lol:

User avatar
SpykerMF1
Kart Champion
Kart Champion
Posts: 154
Joined: 08 Nov 2006, 19:35

Post by SpykerMF1 » 15 Jun 2007, 20:35

Yep and now the Jim Clarke memorial is overun somewhere in the forests and can't be reached(or so I've been told) which I think is disgusting to do that to a statue of arguably the best British driver ever. They should also have kept the old track rather than digging it up.

User avatar
Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 663
Joined: 16 Apr 2007, 18:18
Location: Oxford, England

Post by Bowsey » 16 Jun 2007, 16:23

SpykerMF1 wrote:Yep and now the Jim Clarke memorial is overun somewhere in the forests and can't be reached(or so I've been told) which I think is disgusting to do that to a statue of arguably the best British driver ever. They should also have kept the old track rather than digging it up.

I know what you mean, the old tracks have soo much history, and now they are changing them all to make them safer, and less interesting.
Image

merce55
car driver
car driver
Posts: 8
Joined: 16 Jun 2007, 23:07

Post by merce55 » 16 Jun 2007, 23:10

they'll have to take the safety car out at the IndiaGP for cow crossing

User avatar
Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 654
Joined: 17 Feb 2007, 08:26
Contact:

Post by Dark_Fisico » 16 Jun 2007, 23:24

I think they need to get a balance... Maybe sharing GP's each year like Germany which will be rotating theirs now... I don't think there should be two grand prix in the same country, and defo not two in America like Bernie wants... F1 is European and if you want to make the season longer BASE IT IN EUROPE... I don't think its fair for drivers to have so many races so far away...

As for the history of the tracks... Bernie should worry a little more on making sure people remember F1 history, because for mental fans like me its important... He might not think it is and a lot of new fans might not but to forget the drivers that came before is wrong... They formed the sport to what it is...

I'm shocked to hear about the Jim Clarke memorial... Shocking really...

User avatar
Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 663
Joined: 16 Apr 2007, 18:18
Location: Oxford, England

Post by Bowsey » 17 Jun 2007, 09:49

Dark_Fisico wrote:I think they need to get a balance... Maybe sharing GP's each year like Germany which will be rotating theirs now... I don't think there should be two grand prix in the same country, and defo not two in America like Bernie wants... F1 is European and if you want to make the season longer BASE IT IN EUROPE... I don't think its fair for drivers to have so many races so far away...

As for the history of the tracks... Bernie should worry a little more on making sure people remember F1 history, because for mental fans like me its important... He might not think it is and a lot of new fans might not but to forget the drivers that came before is wrong... They formed the sport to what it is...

I'm shocked to hear about the Jim Clarke memorial... Shocking really...


Well said Dark_Fisco, I agree with you 100% about the history, Its important to remeber all ages of f1 right from the start to the present.
But I don't agree that most races should be in Europe, Sure most Spectators are European but going around the world get new spectators from lots of different countries. Its good to see races in different environments, not just the European way.
Image

User avatar
Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 654
Joined: 17 Feb 2007, 08:26
Contact:

Post by Dark_Fisico » 17 Jun 2007, 10:34

Bowsey wrote:
Dark_Fisico wrote:I think they need to get a balance... Maybe sharing GP's each year like Germany which will be rotating theirs now... I don't think there should be two grand prix in the same country, and defo not two in America like Bernie wants... F1 is European and if you want to make the season longer BASE IT IN EUROPE... I don't think its fair for drivers to have so many races so far away...

As for the history of the tracks... Bernie should worry a little more on making sure people remember F1 history, because for mental fans like me its important... He might not think it is and a lot of new fans might not but to forget the drivers that came before is wrong... They formed the sport to what it is...

I'm shocked to hear about the Jim Clarke memorial... Shocking really...


Well said Dark_Fisco, I agree with you 100% about the history, Its important to remeber all ages of f1 right from the start to the present.
But I don't agree that most races should be in Europe, Sure most Spectators are European but going around the world get new spectators from lots of different countries. Its good to see races in different environments, not just the European way.


I know what you mean, but if you want to have the drivers drive week in week out you'll need the majority in Europe... The drivers with families won't be happy having races every week, or even every other week if it means they don't get to see family... I know Fisico wouldn't be happy because he doesn't like taking his kids with him, and nether does Luna so if he had like 5 weeks in America his performance would drop because he'd miss his kids...

User avatar
donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 4007
Joined: 25 May 2007, 17:52
Location: Kent

Post by donald29 » 17 Jun 2007, 10:42

SpykerMF1 wrote:They should also have kept the old track rather than digging it up.


Definitely, then it could still be used on occasions.

Post Reply