Fisico and his never-ending story

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
AndyPerry
car driver
car driver

Fisico and his never-ending story

Post by AndyPerry » 06 Sep 2007, 09:52

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/ ... 2116.shtml

It must be so hard for an F1 driver with the ego that goes inevitably with it, to repeat the same story over and over, year after year..."I'ver worked hard, so I hope they keep me.."

I find it fascinating , the situation Fisico finds himself almost every year..He ain't no dumba**, he knows what the public and the majority of team bosses think of him in terms of team-leadership and WDC-winning ability and I'm sure it really hard for him mentaly, but he keeps on with the same story..

It's almost like begging. Sad.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Fisico and his never-ending story

Post by megasyxx » 06 Sep 2007, 12:57

let's just wait and see, the 2008 season isn't that too far away....about 5 races and some months to go !yahoo:

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 06 Sep 2007, 14:11

Fisico doesn't say the same thing over and over again he's ASKED the same thing over and over again... He does work hard and its about all you can say if you don't want to upset Flavio...

Most teams like Fisico, he is one of the drivers most known not to have an ego and was well sought after before joining Renault in 2005... He is one of the most respected drivers aswell and along with Jarno are known to be gentleman, never did he revert to saying half of what was suggested at Renault in the two years he drove with Alonso, and he always has stayed true... You don't drive for a team for 6 seasons if they don't respect you... Yes he messed up re-joining a team with a team boss well known to dislike Italians (even though Flavio himself is Italian) but if asked he's bound to say the same thing...

Anyway he's already been in talks with two other teams since May, he's not allowed to announce the Renault line-up noone is apart from Flavio (thats an ego for you :roll:: )... And he does work hard, he doesn't come out and say all this work is down to me all the success comes from my work, he says he works hard and he does... He's allowed to want to stay there, he's been in this team for most of his career...

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 06 Sep 2007, 14:43

actual statement wrote:"Personally, I would like to stay because I have worked very hard and made very few mistakes,"
Spectators can never who is at his owns best
IMO..fisi is one of most respected guy in f1...
I m with amaze damn conclusion of "begging" :(
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

AndyPerry
car driver
car driver

Post by AndyPerry » 07 Sep 2007, 11:25

Well the fact that he's been saying the same thing for a third year in a row now come (re)negotiation time, it kinda seems to me that Renault ain't exactly head over heels for him. He hasn't exactly set the F1 world alight, has he?

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 07 Sep 2007, 11:32

Actually Fisico didn't need to say it in 2005 cause he had a two year contract, and last year he didn't say much because Renault had pretty much said they'd take him on again at the beginning of the season because they knew they'd be bringing in a rookie for 2007...

Renault have never been head over heels for anyone (apart from Alonso), but they must see something, don't forget Fisi left them in 2002 to go to Jordan and they re-signed him in 2005... I don't know what you've got against Fisi but you've taken him completely the wrong way...

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 07 Sep 2007, 18:25

well, in fairness to fisi....i think in 2005 he was quite strong then and he made little mistakes, although he was often hit by the bad luck magnet.......just my opinion though $peace

2006 - no comment
2007 - no comment