It is currently 21 Jul 2017, 14:58

All times are UTC

Post subject: Eddie Irvine: "Raikkonen should stop drinking..."
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2007, 11:40  
2007 Prediction League winner

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/06/ ... _together/
I think that coming from Irvine it´s a serious advice rs,rs... And don't think that Kimi needs anyone to tell him he needs to be a lot better..
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati 
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2007, 11:59  
F1 Driver

Hahaha. I would believe such an advice, but not coming from Irvine!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2007, 15:06  
F1 Legend

Kimi has been doing brilliant work for his first ever races in Ferrari -- enough to have been in World Championship lead before Monaco, if the crappy Ferrari hadn't broken down.
Kimi has had bad luck in two races, of which one was his own mistake, albeit small. And apart from that, he's been at least as good and consistent as Alonso, even though Alonso has the better car.
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2007, 15:17  

@iceman1
Sorry, mate...But I don't classify Kimi's mistake in Mônaco as small. That was a BIG mistake that compromised all his weekend.
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2007, 15:22  
F1 Rookie

gutobr wrote:
@iceman1
Sorry, mate...But I don't classify Kimi's mistake in Mônaco as small. That was a BIG mistake that compromised all his weekend.

I agree was quite a big mistake, Also ...... Its amazing that Michael Schumacher drives the Ferrari for 5 years and gets 2 maybe 3 breakdowns in that time (or something like that), as soon as he leaves and kimi joins the ferrari breaks down in kimi's 4th race

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2007, 20:04  
GP2 Driver

gutobr wrote:
@iceman1
Sorry, mate...But I don't classify Kimi's mistake in Monaco as small. That was a BIG mistake that compromised all his weekend.

Big??? It was huge/massive mistake, any driver in that level shouldn't do mistakes like that! We all know that. :x :x
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2007, 21:39  

@FerrariFan[FIN]
You made a huge/massive mistake :D :D , you should have answered to iceman1 not to me... :D :D :D
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2007, 00:52  
GP2 Driver

Bowsey wrote:
I agree was quite a big mistake, Also ...... Its amazing that Michael Schumacher drives the Ferrari for 5 years and gets 2 maybe 3 breakdowns in that time (or something like that), as soon as he leaves and kimi joins the ferrari breaks down in kimi's 4th race

AND the McLaren has been unreliable for the past two years only to suddenly become super-reliable and hyper-competitive! WTF?

Even so, Kimi did get a win in his first race in a ferrari... might be too soon to jump to conclusions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2007, 10:13  
F1 Rookie

BANANAGP wrote:
Bowsey wrote:

AND the McLaren has been unreliable for the past two years only to suddenly become super-reliable and hyper-competitive! WTF?

Its called the 'Alonso Effect' :cheesy: :cheesy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2007, 12:55  
F1 Rookie

As much as I like Kimi theres just something about him... He's either having bad luck with the car or making vital mistakes when he really didn't need to :lol:...
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2007, 13:49  
GP2 Driver

Bowsey wrote:
BANANAGP wrote:
Bowsey wrote:

You know... as much as I HATE to say this Alonso has made EVERY car he's driven shine. I mean remember the Minardi days? Jeez...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2007, 14:28  
F1 Rookie

BANANAGP wrote:
Bowsey wrote:
BANANAGP wrote:
Bowsey wrote:

You know... as much as I HATE to say this Alonso has made EVERY car he's driven shine. I mean remember the Minardi days? Jeez...

Yes I do, he was quick in the Minardi, for example at Suzuka 01 he finished eleventh, ahead of Heinz-Harald Frentzen’s Prost (with a Ferrari-derived engine), the BAR-Honda of Olivier Panis, the two Arrows and his team mate Alex Yoong

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2007, 15:14  
kart driver

Kimi is just rough on his cars.. When Kimi was at McLaren everyone suspected it was McLaren's fault... At the time I thought this might be the case, but now... I'm not so sure.... I think Kimi's driving style is just rough on cars. Couple that with his lethargic attitude towards fitness/mental preparedness between races and no one should be surprised with his results at Ferrari.
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2007, 17:55  
GP2 Driver

phillyred79 wrote:
Kimi is just rough on his cars.. When Kimi was at McLaren everyone suspected it was McLaren's fault... At the time I thought this might be the case, but now... I'm not so sure.... I think Kimi's driving style is just rough on cars.

Barrichello got accused of this as well when the Ferrari blew up while he was leading Brasil a few years back. The reality though is that these cars are engineered to be driven hard so i don't think the drivers can be accused of this... not like in the old days with standard shift, manual clutches and rudimentry rev limiters, when drivers could make mistakes which could hurt the cars.

An argument could be made for tire deterioration but I don't think this is the case with Kimi.

phillyred79 wrote:
Couple that with his lethargic attitude towards fitness/mental preparedness between races and no one should be surprised with his results at Ferrari.

This is more likely to be the cause as you can corelate fitness with concentration and overall consistency. Concentration clearly contributed to Kimi's mistake in Monaco. Maybe the good luck shot of absolute didn't help either... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2007, 17:27  
kart driver

hohoh
xD

hicks!