HAMILTON TO FERRARI??

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 09 Jun 2007, 22:03

Never said he was a bad driver... Just because he's on pole doesn't mean I have to like him :roll: ... For heavens sake I'm a Fisichella fan do I look like I care about the front runners :lol:...

I'm saying, and this was answer to Maltafans question, just because Lewis Hamilton does well or moves to Ferrari doesn't mean I'm suddenly gonna start supporting him either... THAT would make me shallow and a glory hunter...

Tenettor
car driver
car driver

Post by Tenettor » 10 Jun 2007, 00:54

LH will stand many years at Mclaren

Beserker_Rage
car driver
car driver

Post by Beserker_Rage » 10 Jun 2007, 11:10

phillyred79 wrote:
Dark_Fisico wrote::lol: Whatever car he's in, where ever he is on the grid I won't like him :mrgreen: ... Everytime I here him talk about something he sounds so pompus and I don't like him...
And he's #1 on the grid this weekend! Don't player hate! LH is here to stay. I wasn't on his band-wagon until recently when all the nay-sayers came out to talk sh.t about him saying he's just a fluke/lucky etc... The man never raced on the Montreal Streets and here he is qualifying and gets the pole.... Luck? I think not.
That is the point she was making... She is not going to jump on the bandwagon AT ALL. Does not mean she is player hating, just she does not like Hamilton. The world would be a boring place if everyone jumped on the Hamilton bandwagon.

Monza972
car driver
car driver

Post by Monza972 » 10 Jun 2007, 11:18

donald29 wrote:Well, it would have to be Raikkonen to go. They would not get rid of Massa because 1) He his excellent and doing well and 2) He is managed by Jean Todt's son. That would Ferrari would have to oust their $50,000,000 driver! I'd welcomeHamilton with open arms though...
dude! are you crazy?! i would never welcome hamilton with open arms after whats been going on here in the UK, itv always want to talk about him and go crazy over him! plus ferrari like to be very closed doors to the press so no chance :frown:
C'Mon Felipe Take The Glory Back To Maranello

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 10 Jun 2007, 11:28

Monza972 wrote:
donald29 wrote:Well, it would have to be Raikkonen to go. They would not get rid of Massa because 1) He his excellent and doing well and 2) He is managed by Jean Todt's son. That would Ferrari would have to oust their $50,000,000 driver! I'd welcome Hamilton with open arms though...
dude! are you crazy?! i would never welcome hamilton with open arms after whats been going on here in the UK, itv always want to talk about him and go crazy over him! plus ferrari like to be very closed doors to the press so no chance :frown:
I don't live in Uk, so I'm sure you know more than I do. However I recall the same hype or even a bigger one, when Button had his first races with Williams.

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 10 Jun 2007, 11:34

Beserker_Rage wrote:
phillyred79 wrote:
Dark_Fisico wrote::lol: Whatever car he's in, where ever he is on the grid I won't like him :mrgreen: ... Everytime I here him talk about something he sounds so pompus and I don't like him...
And he's #1 on the grid this weekend! Don't player hate! LH is here to stay. I wasn't on his band-wagon until recently when all the nay-sayers came out to talk sh.t about him saying he's just a fluke/lucky etc... The man never raced on the Montreal Streets and here he is qualifying and gets the pole.... Luck? I think not.
That is the point she was making... She is not going to jump on the bandwagon AT ALL. Does not mean she is player hating, just she does not like Hamilton. The world would be a boring place if everyone jumped on the Hamilton bandwagon.
I was expecting a NO answer, like Dark Fisico said, cause F1 would be boring if everyone sided with the same team or driver.

The point in my question is that I cannot just say that I do not like a particular driver now that he is driving a competing car and they make him your idol if he is driving for your preferred team.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 10 Jun 2007, 11:38

I like Ferrari but I don't support drivers if I don't like them... Some people will, but I just don't like Hamilton no matter where he is :lol:... If he was to go to Ferrari he won't get in my good books :P... Like I respect Kimi, but I won't support him, and I respected Schumi but wasn't a fan...

Same goes the other way, I hated with a burning desire Jordan... But when Fisico went there (continusly) I didn't support the team but the driver... Confusing I know but its me :lol:...

pumpkin148
car driver
car driver

best move

Post by pumpkin148 » 10 Jun 2007, 12:32

i think that HAMILTON is an unbelievable tallented driver but with ALONSO in front of his nose he cant make his moves he wants to.
so his best option is to leave mclaren and go to ferrari .
raikkonen is a good driver but he brings bad luck to the team he drives for.
and MASSA is not more the averrage.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 10 Jun 2007, 12:58

Well then Hamilton is less then average seeing Massa has beaten him twice and been on pole more then anyone so far this season... Sorry but Hamilton will only prosper from staying with McLaren... No other team are going to care about him as much as McLaren... Ferrari know they've got one of the fastest drivers and a driver improving incrediably, and Kimi might go but they will keep a big focus on Massa... As for other teams, they might grab for Hamilton but will still keep focus on two drivers...

Monza972
car driver
car driver

Post by Monza972 » 10 Jun 2007, 15:28

maltafan wrote:
Monza972 wrote:
donald29 wrote:Well, it would have to be Raikkonen to go. They would not get rid of Massa because 1) He his excellent and doing well and 2) He is managed by Jean Todt's son. That would Ferrari would have to oust their $50,000,000 driver! I'd welcome Hamilton with open arms though...
I don't live in Uk, so I'm sure you know more than I do. However I recall the same hype or even a bigger one, when Button had his first races with Williams.
It was the same when Jense won his 1st race in hungary last year. but it died down in a day
C'Mon Felipe Take The Glory Back To Maranello

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 10 Jun 2007, 15:32

Monza972 wrote:
donald29 wrote:Well, it would have to be Raikkonen to go. They would not get rid of Massa because 1) He his excellent and doing well and 2) He is managed by Jean Todt's son. That would Ferrari would have to oust their $50,000,000 driver! I'd welcomeHamilton with open arms though...
NO!! I hate all the hype as well but Hamilton is a good driver and any team would benefit from him.

furtado
car driver
car driver

Post by furtado » 10 Jun 2007, 21:07

I highly doubt that mclaren would let Hamilton leave

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 10 Jun 2007, 21:59

Monza972 wrote:
maltafan wrote:
Monza972 wrote:
It was the same when Jense won his 1st race in hungary last year. but it died down in a day
No, I'm referring to Button and his early days at Williams, he was the next Mansell for the Brits, but it didn't materialise,

Now, there's another driver who will make us hear the British anthem on the F1 podium, and it's obvious that everyone in Uk will be speaking about him.

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 10 Jun 2007, 22:15

mclaren have spent millions supporting lewis through his career for many years i doubt they will let hamilton run away :lol: :lol:

and over many years of hard work, the fruit is starting to bear for team mclaren and they are at the top, the dominion of mclaren is beginning, so from lewis' side, i don't see why he would want to betray and go to ferrari :D (what a shame that kimi has left just when mclaren have taken their ultimate quantam leap :) )
mm tofu

WilliamsToyotaF1
kart driver
kart driver

Post by WilliamsToyotaF1 » 10 Jun 2007, 22:17

As already said Ron invested large sums of money in Hamilton and would be a huge backstab from Hamilton to leave Mclaren apart from that he started winning and getting podiums straight on from debut till now he would be mad to leave Mclaren while everything is looking gold for them and now that were in the topic for me first person to leave Mclaren is going to be Alonso he is under loads of psychological pressure right now after Hamilton's win today especially and if he's to go (Alonso) will go to Ferrari as Raikonnen is not performing right now with Ferrari and seeing Renault drowned with problems thats the only place for him to try