Toyota on the driver market

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Who will replace Ralf?

Button
31%
Montagny
23%
Sato
46%

Total votes: 13

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Bowsey » 31 May 2007, 19:20

Sato is a good choice, Both Honda and Toyato will want Taku, because he is Japanese, so effectively its gets them more advertising and more money. (A Japanese driver in a Japanese team)

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 31 May 2007, 19:46

Newspaper reports on Tuesday suggested that the six-time Grand Prix winner, who qualified a dreary 20th in Monaco last weekend, could be dropped by the team if he does not close up on the pace of team-mate Jarno Trulli over the next two races.

Now, the German tabloid Bild is linking impressive Spyker Ferrari rookie Adrian Sutil - who sensationally topped a wet practice time sheet in Monaco Carlo last weekend - with 31-year-old Schumacher's race seat.

Sutil's manager Karl-Heinz Zimmermann said: "After Adrian's recent performances, one or two team managers have enquired about his situation, but up to now there have been no negotiations."

"We are basically very happy with Spyker."

Former Grand Prix driver Christian Danner, however, doubts that Cologne based Toyota is about to fire Schumacher, who joined the team in 2005 on an annual retainer of an estimated (US) $20m.

The German is quoted as saying by Sport-Informations-Dienst: "For Toyota, there is no alternative to Ralf, so I think he still has a future there."

With all respect to the guys at Spyker, I still hope Sutil moves away from Spyker for the sake of his career. Yes, he has made a few crashes in F1 so far, but what really matters for rookies, is that they have the speed - and that is something Sutil seems to have plenty of! When he gets over the rookie mistakes, he could just be another Schumacher...
But then again, Toyota isn't exactly the team to go to...
Also Sutil is looking good, I am thinking that this may be heresay after his fastest on saturday in Monaco. Sutil looks like a front runner of the future though.