Kimi Raikkonen, What a Let Down!

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Are you disappointed with Kimi Raikkonen's Performances?

Yes
44%
Yes, Very
56%

Total votes: 45

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 28 May 2007, 23:13

McLaren made a HUGE jump this year... how much of that do you think was due to the new driver lineup? Maybe McLarens lack of pace last season had something to do with Kimi.

I only hope he doesn't begin to hurt Ferrari in the long run. His lack of commitment is beginning to reach Villenueve levels.

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 29 May 2007, 03:04

massa is racing a bit better than kimi, cut him some slack though, its still his 'transform' season! i think he will bounce back in the american rounds!
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 29 May 2007, 05:55

He spent too much time being the fast driver in an underperforming car last season... Now he's being beaten by Massa and I think its the way the world should be :P :mrgreen: ...

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 29 May 2007, 15:47

WDC wrote:massa is racing a bit better than kimi, cut him some slack though, its still his 'transform' season! i think he will bounce back in the american rounds!
Transform season!? This is also Alonso's & Hamilton's "transform" season with new car and team... the team btw that Kimi underperformed in... Ron Dennis pulled a quick one on Ferrari! Mamma Mia!
Last edited by BANANAGP on 30 May 2007, 00:12, edited 1 time in total.

phillyred79
kart driver
kart driver

Post by phillyred79 » 29 May 2007, 21:30

Kimi needs to do a lot more work with his team in between races. The only way to make a car fast in F1 is for the driver to be able to drive it fast. Each driver has their own individual styles, likes/dislikes as to how they personally can squeeze the most out of THEIR car. Schumacher not only was able to make his cars fast for him, but as a whole he improved the entire team and how they developed their cars. Kimi unfortunately just ain't that guy. Kimi has raw talent and doesn't appear too motivated to sculpt his talent or the car's performance to his needs and thus he shouldn't be surprised. Massa has the same tools at his disposal and look at his results- more consistent. I'm not trying to knock Kimi, and I would love to see him up there with the others but Ferrari is giving 120% and Kimi is more like 93%.

Steve18021991
car driver
car driver

Post by Steve18021991 » 29 May 2007, 21:49

I expected him 2 be beating massa all the time. But now we know that all his mistakes at McLaren werent all thier fault. He is just damn unlucky

gutobr
2007 Prediction League winner
2007 Prediction League winner

Post by gutobr » 29 May 2007, 23:47

WDC wrote:massa is racing a bit better than kimi, cut him some slack though, its still his 'transform' season! i think he will bounce back in the american rounds!
Sorry, mate but Felipe isn't racing a "bit" better than Raikkonen, he is racing a LOT better than Raikkonen!! :frown:

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 30 May 2007, 00:19

phillyred79 wrote:Kimi needs to do a lot more work with his team in between races. The only way to make a car fast in F1 is for the driver to be able to drive it fast. Each driver has their own individual styles, likes/dislikes as to how they personally can squeeze the most out of THEIR car. Schumacher not only was able to make his cars fast for him, but as a whole he improved the entire team and how they developed their cars.
Couldn't agree more... same could be said for Senna, Prost, Hakkinnen and Piquet to name a few. I believe Kimi has earned the right to be compared (even if unfavorably) to these names.
phillyred79 wrote: Kimi unfortunately just ain't that guy. Kimi has raw talent and doesn't appear too motivated to sculpt his talent or the car's performance to his needs and thus he shouldn't be surprised. Massa has the same tools at his disposal and look at his results- more consistent.
Right, Kimi is alot like JV... the raw talent is there but motivation and distractions from their personal life seems to get in the way always.
phillyred79 wrote: I'm not trying to knock Kimi, and I would love to see him up there with the others but Ferrari is giving 120% and Kimi is more like 93%.
I'm not trying to knock Kimi either but I think you're 100% accurate!!

I think the jury is still out on Kimi and Ferrari and it could still go either way this season. He was unlucky in Spain but made a serious mistake in Monaco at a slow corner during quali and failed to perform during the race. He could still bring home the championship though... Let's hope he does... Fernando cannot three-peat.

yanix
car driver
car driver

Post by yanix » 30 May 2007, 05:08

I think kimi needs more understanding about the car...he needs to improve on the technical side and help develop the car that would suit his driving style...winning is not just good driving but good car as well...
GO FERRARI!!!

geewhiz14
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by geewhiz14 » 31 May 2007, 09:12

Kimi's season has been underwhelming so far. But surely his luck will turn soon, it is a round world, after all! :|
Football+Racing+Design+Travel: http://bouncebackabilitrix.wordpress.com
Architecture+Design+Arts&Crafts+Lifestyle: http://marjitecture.wordpress.com

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Bowsey » 31 May 2007, 10:08

Kimi's season started well with the win, so you know the cars good and he's a good driver. But too many mistakes and a car that's not as reliable have let him down. I feel he needs to work more and harder, like Michael Schumacher, stay late at the track, work on his car setup, improve his technical know-how

mclaren786
car driver
car driver

Post by mclaren786 » 31 May 2007, 13:52

Kimi has really been dissappointing in his performance...lets hope he keeps it up for the benefit of us mclaren fans.

iceman.gr

Post by iceman.gr » 31 May 2007, 13:58

i hope that kimi will "recover" from now on and come back to winning races... he is not like some years ago. if it is only a matter of getting used with ferrari, let's hope that soon he will feel much comfortable...we'll see...

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 05 Jun 2007, 02:24

massa beating raikkonen, thats what i meant by 'transform' season!

i have the feeling that kimi isnt willing to put in as much as he can to get out the ebst he can in the races... if you know what i mean!

its as if he just expects to be fast... he needs to put in the hard yards otherwise he will not consistantly be up there!
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

kimmpa
car driver
car driver

Post by kimmpa » 08 Jun 2007, 11:34

He´s having a good start at the first race,but then he realy fall down but i still hope he will come back the next 12 race´s!