It is currently 24 May 2017, 15:35

All times are UTC

Are you disappointed with Kimi Raikkonen's Performances?
Yes 44%  44%  [ 20 ]
Yes, Very 56%  56%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 45
 Post subject: Kimi Raikkonen, What a Let Down!
PostPosted: 27 May 2007, 18:03  
F1 Routinier

Are there any other Ferrari fans who are disappointed with Kimi Raikkonen's perfomances so far this year? (Or indeed any none Ferrari fans) Ok, he won in Australia and retiring in Barcelona wasn't his fault, but the rest hasn't been particularly great, especially Monaco. He now 15 points off the championship lead, Massa just 5.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati 
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 May 2007, 18:07  
F1 Rookie

I'm a little disapointed with the way Kimi's been racing. When he won in Australia i thought great this is a start of good things to come. But just like at Mclaren last year things are going all wrong. I think he would of done better today if he had not started in 16th but i guess one point is better than none

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 May 2007, 18:34  
F1 Rookie

you'd expect kimi to be doing better but that is not the case....both drivers at his old team are 15 points ahead of him in the championship which is quite a lot...sometimes i wonder what might have been if kimi stayed at mclaren....but then i quickly remember that kimi's departure brought lewis :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 May 2007, 18:55  
F1 Legend

I think Kimi had a very good race considering what happened today. Kimi started 16th and finished 8th without any rain and SC
I do not think any driver could have done what Kimi did today. I am sure Kimi can do it and fight back. As usual nothing happened for him in the race and still he got a from 16-8 is promising on a track like Monaco where Ferrari are not so good.
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 May 2007, 19:43  
car driver

KImi has to start winning Gps and beat alonso and co
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 May 2007, 20:44  
F1 Rookie

yes, verry, like u said donald!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 May 2007, 21:02  
GP2 Driver

iceman1 wrote:
I think Kimi had a very good race considering what happened today. Kimi started 16th and finished 8th without any rain and SC
I do not think any driver could have done what Kimi did today. I am sure Kimi can do it and fight back. As usual nothing happened for him in the race and still he got a from 16-8 is promising on a track like Monaco where Ferrari are not so good.

Scott Speed went from 18 to 9th in a TRosso... MUCH more impressive than Kimi.
I hope he gets his act together quick...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 May 2007, 21:13  
F1 Driver

He was a bit unlucky I think, but still, in other races, he was no superstar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 May 2007, 21:52  
Donator

I like the poll options, I expected a "Yes" and "No" and I see "Yes" and "Yes, very" :lol:

So my option is "yes, very" not only for the fact that he made a mistake, but also because it wasn't due to going to the limit, it was a concentration mistake. A crash for turning in too early in such a corner is something I've hardly ever seen so that's why I think Kimi could never do a mistake like this one.

Nothing to complain about the race, he was too unlucky specially with Heidfeld rejoinning just in front of him with like 100 kilos of fuel

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 May 2007, 19:53  
car driver

i thought he was going to beat massa easily... but he is having a very hard time driving a ferrari
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 May 2007, 20:40  
car driver

Massa is better then Kimi...

FORZA MASSA!!!

FORZA FERRARI!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 May 2007, 20:45  
GP2 Driver

I reckon it could take Kimi a year to get into his groove with Ferrari, just like massa did, at the beginning he had some bad races but as the season progressed he improved, so just like Massa, he may have to get used to the Ferrari to suit his driving style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 May 2007, 21:38  
car driver

He had a cpl of floor-it laps in connection to the pit stops but he did not do any fantastic times to maybe overtake somebody or at least to get a good time for the stats.

In the end of the race he could have been harrying Wurz to double his point score but Kimi was just cruising.

Letting Wurz cut in line in front of him after pitting was a mistake both of him and the team. Kimi ought to have known the score and have pushed to the limit and tailgated the guy in front of him and not let any space for Wurz.

The non-spectacular race pace after Australia I have constantly credited for saving the engine but maybe there is another even more disheartening reason.

Massa winning every quali says the rest. :evil:

And that's my two cents of the world's highest paid driver's actions. :roll:
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 May 2007, 22:52  
car driver

Kimi as well as Ferrari need to find a way to understand each other and work as a time. I think Kimi needs to put more thoulght on how to work with Ferrari since things are not working for the best and ferrari has to persuade Kimi to do so.
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 May 2007, 23:09  
car driver

Massa is doing a better job than Kimi. Kimi yet to fine tune work with Ferrari and then wll see good results. Ferrari to find out why the car didn't perform near as close as McLaren's car.
 Offline Profile