It is currently 28 Jul 2017, 04:42

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2007, 14:55  
GP2 Driver

Dark_Fisico wrote:
The most heart warming quote I've heard was from Jense telling us what the Hamilton effect has had on him...

Quote:
"I often used to say I wish I could get some space when the media was focused on me," the Briton said. "Now I have plenty of space. In fact, I appear to be completely alone."

Kinda reminds me of Webber last year in Williams when everyone was running around after Nico and he had to hold his own umbrella and was totally alone all the time :lol:...

That made me sad! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2007, 15:00  
kart driver

It's good to see all this passion regarding our fav./hated drivers in F1!!! There's no question that having a good car can make all the difference in the world, but you cannot deny Hamilton's talent. All the F1 drivers are extremely talented just to be even given the opportunity to race in F1, but there have been plenty of examples of good cars and bad results coming forth- Massa/Kimi (not trying to pick a fight here). Both of those drivers have made some definite driver errors this season despite having a good car with pace. Hamilton has had one error in five F1 GPs thus far and that was in practice at Monte Carlo. Not too shabby for a rookie or any driver in F1. Believe me, I am not a die-hard Hamilton or McLaren fan in general, I just love the sport in its entirety and there is NO denying that LH is among the top 3 talents in F1 right now and will be there for awhile. I think people are just in disbelief or think that he is a fluke right now. Only time will tell, but history has already been made and I think that alone speaks for LH's F1 career.
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2007, 15:10  
F1 Rookie

Nah I just don't see anything special in his driving... He has the pace, and the skill but don't think he's anything THAT special... And actually I cannot be lead to believe that Monaco was a good performance :lol:... If it was anyone else they would have been hung by the ITV commentators...
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2007, 16:19  
GP2 Driver

phillyred79 wrote:
It's good to see all this passion regarding our fav./hated drivers in F1!!! There's no question that having a good car can make all the difference in the world, but you cannot deny Hamilton's talent. All the F1 drivers are extremely talented just to be even given the opportunity to race in F1, but there have been plenty of examples of good cars and bad results coming forth- Massa/Kimi (not trying to pick a fight here). Both of those drivers have made some definite driver errors this season despite having a good car with pace. Hamilton has had one error in five F1 GPs thus far and that was in practice at Monte Carlo. Not too shabby for a rookie or any driver in F1. Believe me, I am not a die-hard Hamilton or McLaren fan in general, I just love the sport in its entirety and there is NO denying that LH is among the top 3 talents in F1 right now and will be there for awhile. I think people are just in disbelief or think that he is a fluke right now. Only time will tell, but history has already been made and I think that alone speaks for LH's F1 career.

Nice commentary - you make a mean cheesesteak too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2007, 16:50  
kart driver

BANANAGP wrote:
phillyred79 wrote:

Hahaha! No, but I can eat a few faster than most!!! The 'phillyred' name is actually my blues guitar name! I did spend about 4yrs in Philly for school and my last name is that of an old famous US Talk Show host: Phil Donahue, so people used to call me Phil all the time!
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2007, 17:47  
GP2 Driver

phillyred79 wrote:
BANANAGP wrote:
phillyred79 wrote:

Hahaha! No, but I can eat a few faster than most!!! The 'phillyred' name is actually my blues guitar name! I did spend about 4yrs in Philly for school and my last name is that of an old famous US Talk Show host: Phil Donahue, so people used to call me Phil all the time!

Stylish Phil Donahue could never impart as much F1 wisdom as yourself... he's off in liberal loonyland somewhere! I'm three hours north of philly and visit quite often actually. Good stuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2007, 11:30  
car driver

Hamilton is very fast in his mclaren,but i still hope that kimi will take the 2007 world champion!!!
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2007, 11:42  
F1 Rookie

kimmpa wrote:
Hamilton is very fast in his mclaren,but i still hope that kimi will take the 2007 world champion!!!

I'm sorry to say I don't think he will, and neither will Hamilton. Too much pressure, and its too early for him, I think Alonso will take the championship

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14  
F1 Rookie

Bowsey wrote:
kimmpa wrote:

I'm sorry to say I don't think he will, and neither will Hamilton. Too much pressure, and its too early for him, I think Alonso will take the championship

Nope Massa will just scrape the Championship :mrgreen:...
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2007, 09:29  
F1 Rookie

Woohoo Lewis' First Pole, hopefully he can turn it into a win :D :cheesy: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2007, 11:21  
F1 Driver

Bowsey wrote:
I would like to see him win a race, but not here, in Silverstone.

I think the win can wait for a couple of weeks, no?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2007, 15:48  
F1 Rookie

maltafan wrote:
Bowsey wrote:
I would like to see him win a race, but not here, in Silverstone.

I think the win can wait for a couple of weeks, no?

It can wait, I think any win in his debut season will be remarkable, remember it took Schumacher exactly 1 year to win his fist race. But of course winning the home race is special but it also comes with increased pressure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2007, 16:52  
F1 Routinier

I feel so sorry for Jenson. Not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2007, 19:05  
F1 Driver

AND HE HAS LED HIS FIRST WIN FROM FIRST TO LAST RACE

WELL DONE HAMILTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2007, 19:13  
F1 Rookie

Great Win, Perfect Race from start to finish even with all the safety cars and crashes Well Done Lewis, no one can doubt him now

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next