Lewis Hamilton

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Lewis Hamilton

Post by Bowsey » 27 May 2007, 15:24

I think Lewis Hamilton is doing a great job, but watching the GP this weekend, The British TV, ITV expected him to get pole on saturday and then win the race on sunday. And before each session they were saying he has such a good chance to get pole, or today, win. After the qualifying they were saying that he can win the race, and after the race they were slightly dissapointed.

The ITV programme is soo biased towards Lewis, and each time they almost expect him to win and are slightly disappointed when he doesn't

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 27 May 2007, 15:29

You should watch the race on Rai 1.

It's disgusting to see how biased these people are in favour of Ferrari. And then, during the first 15 laps they were saying that webber is pushing Heidfeld.

I'd expect to hear TV commentators who are biased in favour of a compatriot, although I don't like it.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 27 May 2007, 15:30

Well in years gone by they were just as bad with Jenson... Think of the disappointment after a race then :mrgreen: :lol:...

They hold Hamilton too highly... Just leave him alone to race and he might actually win...

As for Gordon Ramsey... Next Senna my arse :evil: :evil:...

Chubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Chubbs » 27 May 2007, 15:31

its really frustrating because i thnk its turning people against lewis...

i absolutely hate steve ryder, he has nothing to do with formula one and why hes presenting that program i dont know. he should be sacked.

i like mark blundell but hes always forced to answer c**p questions. martin brunde is a legend and his other commentator friend is a complete arse...

today he was saying "ohhh kubica has slotted in between the two mclarens!! this could be interesting!!" his next words were "oh wait hes a lap down" WTF??? ARE YOU EVEN PAYING ATENTION??? arrrgh such a *%$@ lol

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Bowsey » 27 May 2007, 15:35

I agree with all ur comments, especially urs Chubbs, Steve Rider hasn't got a clue, even though he used to do it for BBC back in the days (around 1994) . Yer and James allen, well can't even be bothered to write about him, He's a bit like Murray the way he gets it all wrong, but Murray was a legend and people didn't mind him getting it wrong, but we do mind about James Allen

Thomas
car driver
car driver

Post by Thomas » 27 May 2007, 15:44

TV has always been and it will always be dumb and there is no doubt about. They think that by running their mouths off create a great show and interesting race. For those who know a bit more about F1 they can understand what's going on in the circuit by just watching the lap times etc. I believe that the little comments next to the live timing window are a lot more worthy of our attention than any muppet speaking on TV so that he can get his bank account fatter.
Lewis drove amazingly today but as the race proved he was heavier on fuel than Alonso which implies that it was a McLaren strategy to promote an Alonso win because the same way they run him light creating the initial gap leaving Hamilton behind in case Massa was starting to fly and became a threat for their 1-2.

Also at the end of the second stint they could have let Hamilton go a bit further and let him have a go at Alonso but they didnt. Ron Denis said at the end he had to be harsh for one of the drivers and I believe that was the reason for the disappointment Lewis had in his face.

theo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by theo » 27 May 2007, 16:06

Lewis hamilton is really unbelieveble 5 races, 5 podium, just umbelieveble!
GO KIMIIII....

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 27 May 2007, 17:03

Is it just me or did Lewis say that Sennas spirit would help him in his interview??? I've just paid attention to it when someone on another forum mentioned it...

I think he came over as rather arrogant in that... Calling the rest of the field monkeys...

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 27 May 2007, 17:54

Yeah, ITV have that programme in couple of weeks "Lewis Hamilton the Story so Far" don't they. I can tell you now it will be c**p. They will tell us what we already know (5 podiums, 5 races, young, beat Alonso blah blah blah) and will have Martin Brundle, Jackie Stewart and Murray Walker telling us he will be champion this year. Got nothing against Lewis just ITV. BTW don't mind Brundle, Stewart or Walker either. James Allen is who I don't like! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

julie
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by julie » 27 May 2007, 17:59

Its a pain in the behind. His all they talk about. I know the chap is good i'm not taking that away from him. But he has got a good car under him that has to help in some ways yes? Also does James Allen not realise there are other driver's out there also fighting for points and wins and indeed the championship.
ImageImage

Ryan_all
car driver
car driver

Post by Ryan_all » 27 May 2007, 19:42

Lewis Hamilton has been doing a great job for mclaren but he is gettin anoyed about not winning i think his time will come

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 27 May 2007, 21:10

Chubbs wrote:its really frustrating because i thnk its turning people against lewis...
Turning people against Lewis!? That's impossible... the kid is everything you could hope for as a driver, spokesperson and human being.

He'll do for F1 what Pele did for Football, Jordan for basketball, Gretsky for Hockey and Forest Gump for Ping Pong. :D

Seriously, People love him for a reason and the goodwill he generated will be with him for a long time... even if he stops performing at this level. Just look at all the goodwill around Jense as an example.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 28 May 2007, 05:09

BANANAGP wrote:
Chubbs wrote:its really frustrating because i thnk its turning people against lewis...
Turning people against Lewis!? That's impossible... the kid is everything you could hope for as a driver, spokesperson and human being.

He'll do for F1 what Pele did for Football, Jordan for basketball, Gretsky for Hockey and Forest Gump for Ping Pong. :D

Seriously, People love him for a reason and the goodwill he generated will be with him for a long time... even if he stops performing at this level. Just look at all the goodwill around Jense as an example.
I can't stand the man, and never will :lol: I think he's cocky, arragont and overrated :P... I think he's a very lucky driver and would love to see how good he would have been in Ants place, because I don't think he would be any good...

But thats just me I was put off him when they kept talking about him continusly last season... You know they were meant to show us around Fisichellas boat, the only reason I had ITV coverage on my labtop so I could tape it... But no we'd rather hear Hamilton insulting the drivers... I wanted to see how Fisichella manages to keep like 12 people in what I think is quite a small yacht :lol:...

rso11
car driver
car driver

Post by rso11 » 28 May 2007, 19:50

hamilton is great... he will beat senna i think... and for me senna is the greatest

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 28 May 2007, 20:54

theo wrote:Lewis hamilton is really unbelieveble 5 races, 5 podium, just umbelieveble!
He is the only driver who have led every race for at least 1 lap