Lewis Hamilton

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 21 Jun 2007, 19:35

and Dark_Fisico!! :lol:

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Bowsey » 21 Jun 2007, 19:47

Quite a funny story

Code: Select all

Lewis Hamilton crashed a go-kart that was sold earlier this week for £42,100 in a charity auction on eBay at a Vodafone promotional event on Thursday.

The world championship leader was demonstrating the specially customised kart, which had been decked out in Vodafone McLaren Mercedes colours, before handing it over to the successful bidder.

But in a moment of over-exuberance he fell foul of the narrow temporary course that had been laid out in London’s Brunswick Square, clipping the barriers and damaging the kart’s rear axle.

“Oops, that was close,” Hamilton exclaimed via a microphone before sheepishly bringing the kart back in.

“It’s a bit tight on this track,” he added.

The proceeds of the auction will go to Tommy’s, the baby charity

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 21 Jun 2007, 20:26

:lol: Ohhh what a thing to do :P amazing how he can race a F1 car but not a Kart :lol:... And before anyone says anything I am joking :mrgreen:...

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 21 Jun 2007, 20:43

iceman1 wrote:i think everyone thinks he is good apart from alonso. :P
when has alonso said this? alonso knows that lewis is good
mm tofu

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re:

Post by Bowsey » 24 Jun 2007, 18:21

alex wrote:
when has alonso said this? alonso knows that lewis is good
Alonso knows he's good now, but he doesn't necessarly like it, he wants to be the faster of the two. But thats to be expected because he's the double world champion

Ace
kart driver
kart driver

Re:

Post by Ace » 25 Jun 2007, 13:08

Me thinks that after Lewis became his team mate, Alonso is shamed of himself for the frist time in his life. :lol:
"I'm flattered people are comparing me with Lewis" Stirling Moss

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Lewis Hamilton

Post by Bowsey » 03 Jul 2007, 17:50

8 podiums out of 8 races, He never fails to deliver, even when on a bad strategy

chelnov
car driver
car driver

Post by chelnov » 06 Jul 2007, 00:06

i know it's a little bit early, but i believe Hamilton's consistency will make him the youngest f1 champion. i think so because the rest of the important points are divided between Alonso, Massa and Räikkönen and they can't match the pace of Lewis.

aurelieg
car driver
car driver

Post by aurelieg » 06 Jul 2007, 16:49

it's ok but he can have mechanical problems like raikkonen, massa or alonso too. So... wait and see... :T:@

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 06 Jul 2007, 18:10

aurelieg wrote:it's ok but he can have mechanical problems like raikkonen, massa or alonso too. So... wait and see... :T:@
exactly its too early to pass remarks

ppl compare him to senna & schumi !wried!
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

devereux
kart driver
kart driver

Post by devereux » 07 Jul 2007, 04:01

hamiltons driving style is suited to these tyres. brundle said that when the drivers crank the steering with these tyres the car just goes straight. alonso relied on those front tyres all threw his renault days

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 07 Jul 2007, 10:25

Lots of things are pro-Hamilton in McLaren, which most other drivers never get when they join F1... He had one up on most of the drivers (bar test drivers being promoted and drivers staying in a Bridgestone car e.g. Felipe)...

Alonso and the cars changing to Bridgestone had to get used to and work around tyre changes...

Alonso and Kimi most notably had to get used to a new car which they had both drove against...

Alonso and Kimi again had to get used to teams that are going to be biased (even in the slightest) to their teammates, Felipe already being with Ferrari and Hamilton being hand raised by McLaren and being the new British talent...

Jenson, Rubens, Ralf, Jarno, Fisico and Heikki are in cars that at the beginning of the year went backwards, all are recovering from lack of performance...

Heikki and Adrian are suffering from Rookie year in bad cars when Hamilton is in probably the fastest car there is (and sorry I don't believe Hamilton would be half as good take away McLaren and I don't think he would have been good ANYWHERE)...

A lot of drivers are under pressure, not because Lewis is driving well but because he started in a McLaren and is doing the job a McLaren is meant to do... Most of the other drivers have had SOMETHING that they have had to drive against, two of the biggest names in the Sport are joining new teams, most are changing tyres, some are in cars that SHOULD have been brilliant at one time and have gone backwards (Honda and Toyota) and some are just getting ignored until something bad happens and then they compare it to the brilliance of McLaren...

I don't know why I wrote this here :@:2 but I wanted people to know a little more of why I can't stand Hamilton...

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Bowsey » 07 Jul 2007, 15:32

Well Dark_Fisico, just remember his GP2 years. You may not have heard lots about it or seen it, been educated about it.
All the cars were the same, there is no advantage in different cars, and Lewis was amazing,
For example in Istambul, Lewis made a mistake on the 1st lap dropped him down to around 20th. He then made his way back through the field to take second place. It was an amazing drive, and it wasn't down to the car, it was down to him, and his skill.

So sure the other rookies are not doing so well because they are in bad cars, but I still believe Hamilton has exceptional skill.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 07 Jul 2007, 17:40

I know about his GP2 year, but I though I'm probably in a minority think that it wasn't any better then Nicos... Or Heikki, or Nelson, or Timo Glock from this season, or Bruno... Though as I said I'm probably in a minority there...

idoilani
kart driver
kart driver

Post by idoilani » 07 Jul 2007, 20:56

Hi Guys,

I was confident I would found a topic on Lewis Hamilton :)

I must say that his talent was clearly shown, even from the first onboard lap I saw. Although all of us here are not pros, I do believe he has a great driving style, and it's remarkeable that's only his starting point in F1. Who knows where he would be 5 years from now.

I also like his mental approach, he looks very strong in this area. I'm a Michael Schumacher fan, and now after he's gone, and after I got my impression on Hamilton, I would love seeing him winining the championship (not mentioning as a rookie :)).

The question is not only will he win the championship, but also will he be able to hang on to it, and make sure his car is the best all the time, constantly, like Schumacher did. If he wants to be a complete driver, that's what he have to do.

Let's wait and see how everything turns out!

Cheers :)

Ido