Lewis Hamilton

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 18 Jun 2007, 10:09

WDC wrote:he did a good job dealling with the pressure of alonso.
well done on the 2nd career win, his championship is right on track, the two american rounds, he walked away with wins!

theres still somethings missing in my mind though...
What like the fact we haven't seen him actually really overtake anyone in a race bar the first corner where people go wrong... Thats still the problem I have with him, I want to see him overtake people like Fisichella did today, thats what makes a driver...

WOT Now
car driver
car driver

Post by WOT Now » 18 Jun 2007, 16:48

Congratulations to Lewis. Great drive at Indy.

Loved the near wall tapper videos at turn 13 during practice too.

The kid's got talent for sure and the car that he's driving is allowing him to showcase that talent.

The trues test for McLaren is how they manage him under times of adversity to weather a storm and stay in the WDC hunt and not throw it all away in a lapsed critical moment or 2.

They couldn't do it for Kimi in 2003 or 2005 when it was neck and neck and under pressure.

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 18 Jun 2007, 21:16

Dark_Fisico wrote:
well done on the 2nd career win, his championship is right on track, the two american rounds, he walked away with wins!

What like the fact we haven't seen him actually really overtake anyone in a race bar the first corner where people go wrong... Thats still the problem I have with him, I want to see him overtake people like Fisichella did today, thats what makes a driver...
Well, if Maccas start from first row and do a good start, there's nowhere they need to overtake someone.

Super Aguri
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Super Aguri » 18 Jun 2007, 21:21

He gets his job done in qualifying so you can't fault him for that.

To be honest though, the only pass I can remember of Hamilton at the top of my head is the pass on the Ferraris at the start of the Malaysia GP.

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 19 Jun 2007, 02:38

Dark_Fisico wrote:

yeah thats one of the things... but theres something else i cant quite put my finger on...
he has shown he copes with pressure, which is a huge tick off the list but there are still things about him which i dont like!

all we know is he is fast and mentally strong!
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Bowsey » 20 Jun 2007, 08:52

Code: Select all

McLaren boss Ron Dennis has admitted Lewis Hamilton may have to move in order to protect his private life in the wake of his fast-growing superstar status.

The 22-year-old rookie’s sensational start to his Formula 1 career has catapulted him in to the media spotlight in Britain, with his success hitting both newspaper front and back pages.

Dennis concedes it is inevitable that his protégé’s life will change, but says the continued media frenzy could ensure Hamilton has to find somewhere new to live so he can continue to lead a normal life away from the race track.

“His life will change,” Dennis was quoted as saying in the British press.

“There is an inevitability about that.

“The invasion of privacy will become a big issue.

“It is something we will avoid at all costs.

“If there is a continuous invasion of his privacy, then he will have to find somewhere to live to avoid that.”

Traditionally high-earning F1 stars have moved abroad to either Monaco or Switzerland to take advantage of those countries’ tax regulations.

However although Dennis didn’t directly say that Hamilton, whose family home is in Tewin in Hertfordshire, should move aboard, he insists any move for the rookie would only be motivated by a need to protect his privacy.

“If it happens, it will not be driven by something fiscal,” the McLaren boss said.
I agree with Ron the press here will be all over him, But I doubt he will want to leave his family, so he'll probably stay here.

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 20 Jun 2007, 09:40

Dark_Fisico wrote:

He doesn't have to because he does it from the start, Melbourne: from P4 to P2 so he does overtake but than in the first lap and if you saw a GP2 race of him in Turkey youre eyeballs would fall out.

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Bowsey » 20 Jun 2007, 10:11

HamiltonF1 wrote: if you saw a GP2 race of him in Turkey youre eyeballs would fall out.
I saw that race, it was amazing. Some of the overtaking moves he made were amazing. He was the class of the field that day (apart from spinning it in the first place)

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by reyhan » 20 Jun 2007, 18:31

I don't think that anyone can realy say a single bad thing on that guy, he is always on a limit, the way he was all around alonso in monaco, he wanted to skip the guy like he's in GP2 or something, wait to see some overtakings if he starts from the midfield
BMW Power

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 20 Jun 2007, 18:34

I can say lots of bad things about him... I always do :P...

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 20 Jun 2007, 18:50

He started off being called a ''black driver'' but now he is winning he is being called a british driver,
The Tiger Woods of Motor Racing. He could be great, time will tell, been great watching him so far this year
yes he is doing fantastic so far but i think he has to have a little bad luck every driver does at some point! but we will see its still very early into the season but it would be fantastic to see mclaren win this year! its been a long time coming!!

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 20 Jun 2007, 20:06

I'd love him to become the next DC :lol:... That would make my lifetime worth it :P...

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 20 Jun 2007, 21:10

reyhan wrote:I don't think that anyone can realy say a single bad thing on that guy, he is always on a limit, the way he was all around alonso in monaco, he wanted to skip the guy like he's in GP2 or something, wait to see some overtakings if he starts from the midfield
I agree he hasn't made a single mistake in a race untill now and I doubt that he even will make one this season, probably he makes one but I doubt if it will be his fault than.

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by reyhan » 21 Jun 2007, 09:05

but it's hard to believe that he is not going to make a single mistake by the end, I won't say it's impossible but, no way no matter how good he is, the real pressure comes at the end, if Nando gets close to him on 3-4 points or so, more interesting season than I hoped :lol: :)
BMW Power

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 21 Jun 2007, 18:44

i think everyone thinks he is good apart from alonso. :P