Lewis Hamilton

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: Lewis Hamilton

Post by reyhan » 08 Jul 2007, 08:36

He is a great driver, no doubt, in a great car with a great speed and great reliability, and it all makes sense, BUT there are defenetly other good drivers as Nico, Kubica etc. who could probably do the same with the same equipment, so stop worshiping the guy, he's just doing what he is payed to do
BMW Power

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 08 Jul 2007, 09:52

Yeah Mate ur right, he has the best Car , Lewis Hamilton was on the podium (8 out of 8 cannot be classed as bad) and is still leading the Championship maybe, he is the best rookie that i ever seen. a great car, good talent, best performance. but, he must to be a lucky ones until the end of 2007 formula one season.

chelnov
car driver
car driver

Post by chelnov » 08 Jul 2007, 14:09

well, to turn things around, if Lewis doesn't win the 07 championship, with all the advantage he has, then it may put things in perspective for some people.

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 08 Jul 2007, 14:15

Yeah but didn't you had the same with micheal shumacher it was only shumacher shumacher shumacer, and now with such a debut from hamilton.

idoilani
kart driver
kart driver

Post by idoilani » 08 Jul 2007, 14:29

reyhan wrote:He is a great driver, no doubt, in a great car with a great speed and great reliability, and it all makes sense, BUT there are defenetly other good drivers as Nico, Kubica etc. who could probably do the same with the same equipment, so stop worshiping the guy, he's just doing what he is payed to do
I'm not worshipping anyone... I just expressed my opinion about his ability as a driver. Yes, he's in a great car, but the bottom line is, he was on the podium all races so far. He prooved his as quick as alonso, a double world champion. Sometimes even quicker. And he shows good consistency. Plus, the onboard footage I saw from his car was very impressive, more than other drivers I've seen. It looks like regardless of being in a great car, he's able to drive on the limit for a longer time than many others. And this is something you could've seen in onboard laps from Schumacher, even when he was in the un-competitve Ferrari of 96 and nearby years, and he was known for being able to make an un-competitive car to be a competitive car in a specific race.

And as I concluded my message, his biggest test would not be winning the championship. His biggest test would be to succeed where Schumacher succeeded - joining a team that is not so competitive, make it the best team and staying at the top. That is the true test. He's very young now and many things can happen. Again, there's no worshipping here, it's just my pure opinion :)

Ido

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 08 Jul 2007, 14:43

HamiltonF1 wrote:Yeah but didn't you had the same with micheal shumacher it was only shumacher shumacher shumacer, and now with such a debut from hamilton.
I think Schumacher worked very hard his rookie year to get the best out of his car... I dont' think Hamilton even needs to work his car to the limit to get the best out of it because it is just so great (the car not the driver), well maybe not as great as Ferrari... You can hardly compare someone who started in a back marker car then won 7 World Championships to a Rookie who starts in the best car out there...

idoilani
kart driver
kart driver

Post by idoilani » 08 Jul 2007, 14:51

You are absolutely right. That's why I say that in spite of the first impression I got from Hamilton, we will probably need to wait 2-3 years to find out if he is as great as he looks, or maybe we were decieved by the great car he's sitting in.

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by reyhan » 08 Jul 2007, 17:02

And today Nando kicked his a$$, poor Hammy almost start crying out there today, when you're playing with fire you get burned sometimes, although I still respect him very much
BMW Power

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 09 Jul 2007, 09:29

Just compare him to Montoya. Williams BMW is at its peak of competitiveness to ferrari during his rookie year but in the end Schumi won!

lucian
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lucian » 09 Jul 2007, 10:04

idoilani wrote:Plus, the onboard footage I saw from his car was very impressive, more than other drivers I've seen. It looks like regardless of being in a great car, he's able to drive on the limit for a longer time than many others. And this is something you could've seen in onboard laps from Schumacher, even when he was in the un-competitve Ferrari of 96 and nearby years, and he was known for being able to make an un-competitive car to be a competitive car in a specific race.
If you watched more onboard footage of Raikkonen you would not say that. I don't know how many people realise that there are tracks where Kimi's lines in some particular corners are very different from ALL other drivers'. Maybe Hockenheim's third sector or Monza's Lesmo turns are very good examples. Just try to find some onboard footage from Kimi's car on those tracks and you'll convince yourself what "on the limit" means.

P.S. : I hope I don't sound too rude, it's just my style.

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 09 Jul 2007, 12:54

Dark_Fisico wrote:
HamiltonF1 wrote:Yeah but didn't you had the same with micheal shumacher it was only shumacher shumacher shumacer, and now with such a debut from hamilton.
I think Schumacher worked very hard his rookie year to get the best out of his car... I dont' think Hamilton even needs to work his car to the limit to get the best out of it because it is just so great (the car not the driver), well maybe not as great as Ferrari... You can hardly compare someone who started in a back marker car then won 7 World Championships to a Rookie who starts in the best car out there...
Everybody needs to work hard maybe it doesn't look like it because what he does looks simple, but you can have a good car and a good team and be with mclaren since the g-karting period, but you still need to do it.

idoilani
kart driver
kart driver

Post by idoilani » 09 Jul 2007, 20:19

lucian wrote:
idoilani wrote:Plus, the onboard footage I saw from his car was very impressive, more than other drivers I've seen. It looks like regardless of being in a great car, he's able to drive on the limit for a longer time than many others. And this is something you could've seen in onboard laps from Schumacher, even when he was in the un-competitve Ferrari of 96 and nearby years, and he was known for being able to make an un-competitive car to be a competitive car in a specific race.
If you watched more onboard footage of Raikkonen you would not say that. I don't know how many people realise that there are tracks where Kimi's lines in some particular corners are very different from ALL other drivers'. Maybe Hockenheim's third sector or Monza's Lesmo turns are very good examples. Just try to find some onboard footage from Kimi's car on those tracks and you'll convince yourself what "on the limit" means.

P.S. : I hope I don't sound too rude, it's just my style.
Hi,

I think all has the right to have their own opinion. No one should think that his opinion is the absolute truth, and to which all should be loyal.

Yes, Kimi's no doubt one of the best drivers. You're right, I remember I watched his pole lap at Hockenheim, I think it was of 2005 (I'm not sure), and I was simply amazed from the speed he carried into the last corner, I've never seen anything like it before. And I still very enjoy watching this lap.

It should also be clear, that I'm not a fan of any active F1 driver (basically I'm a Schumi's fan but he's not around anymore), and because of that, my opinion is purely according to my impression of the drivers. There is no driver that I'm a fan of, and so I don't tend to favour anyone, including Hamilton.

I've seen many onboard laps of Raikkonen, obviously more than hotlaps of Hamilton. All I'm saying is that I am very impressed at the skill he's showing and his driving style. You can clearly see just how much he's on the limit, and stays there more than many other drivers I've seen, and as a result he's able to take great lines and great speed through corners. Take Montreal for example - The way he took the chicane is s2 below the bridge, and the final chicane, was absolutely breath-taking.

Maybe if Schumi was still around, I wouldn't have noticed all of that, because my mind would have been "locked" to him, maybe. Anyway, I am just impressed that he's able to drive like that, as a rookie. The car has alot to do with that, but when a driver drives on the limit, you can just see it. Just like Schumacher in the old and un-competitive Ferrari.

Anyway, I think I have a fairly good knowledge of what "on the limit" means :S:
And I also believe one shouldn't make this discussions too personal, or try to convince others to take his/her opinion. We are all just expressing ourselves here to people who like to talk about this, like ourselves.

Have a great day :S:

Ido

SHINLAZER
kart driver
kart driver

Post by SHINLAZER » 09 Jul 2007, 20:40

I Think that he has The Skills and has prooved how good he is, for example, fisichella had a great car last year in renault and didn´t perform as good as Alonso, is right, the car helps him, but he is the good driver, cuz´ he is along side a 2 time world champion and is dealing with a lot of pressure as a veteran...

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 09 Jul 2007, 20:45

i admire his fitness and consistency.

right now don't have much to talk about him..

gr8 work by author(respect to him)

i didn't like it .. :p

njoi
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Bowsey » 19 Jul 2007, 17:52

From ITV-F1

Code: Select all

ewis Hamilton is confident that he won't repeat the set-up mistakes that left him slightly off the pace at Silverstone.

The championship leader's home grand prix became the most difficult race of his sensational rookie season as he struggled with the McLaren and saw his early lead become a distant third by the chequered flag.

But speaking in the pre-race press conference at the Nurburgring today, Hamilton said he had learnt from Silverstone and would be back on the pace this weekend.

"I expect it to be better," he said.

"You only have (practice sessions) P1, P2, P3 and it's not a lot of time to find the perfect set-up.

"Sometimes you go down one route and it's too late to go back to another one, you don't have enough time so you continue with that and hope it is good enough.

"We didn't have the right set-up for once at Silverstone.

"Going into this weekend we understand where we went wrong, we think we come here a bit stronger."

Hamilton retains a 12 point championship lead despite his Silverstone disappointment, but said it was important to keep pushing for victory rather than settling for safe podiums.

"Of course we have to bear in mind that we have to try and finish every race and maintain the level if we can," he said.

"But that doesn't mean that we slack.

"We are going to keep on pushing hard to beat everyone.

"Yes we go into the race thinking 'okay, we need the points.'

"But we want to win, so it is a balance."

He added that he was not letting the ongoing leaked data controversy and McLaren's impending World Motor Sport Council hearing distract him from the task in hand.

"I'm not really bothered about it to be honest," Hamilton said.

"I'm confident in what the team has done over the years and I have every confidence in the team now