ITV viewers: the remove James Allen petition

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: ITV viewers: the remove James Allen petition

Post by ntr » 22 Jun 2007, 20:49

donald29 wrote:I'd be willing to put money on it!! Just found out his other son is called Emerson (as in Fitilpaldi I guess)
i know about enzo but he has another one called Emerson? :lol:
what will he do if he has a girl...
mm tofu

Chubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Chubbs » 22 Jun 2007, 23:51

alex wrote:
donald29 wrote:I'd be willing to put money on it!! Just found out his other son is called Emerson (as in Fitilpaldi I guess)
i know about enzo but he has another one called Emerson? :lol:
what will he do if he has a girl...
Danica??

:lol:

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 23 Jun 2007, 07:19

I love it how we've gone from disliking him to feeling sorry for him :lol:...

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 23 Jun 2007, 11:42

well is does get boring hating james all the time, i mean there's only so much you can hate about him :lol:
i'm sure that after the next gp we will go back to our normal ways though... :D
mm tofu

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 23 Jun 2007, 18:18

:lol: Well I guess its true :P...

At least my hatred of Lewis Hamilton can be spurred on :lol: the one chance I had to watch newsround in AGES and he was on there... But thats for a different thread entirely :lol:...

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 01 Jul 2007, 14:42

wtf?? james allen was ok today! :shock: :shock:

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Bowsey » 01 Jul 2007, 14:56

donald29 wrote:wtf?? james allen was ok today! :shock: :shock:
Yer he was alright, just a few mistakes, like "with the new updates jenson is about half a minute a lap quicker" :lol: :lol: (supposed be be half a second)

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 01 Jul 2007, 15:40

hmm. i'm dreading next weekends british gp. he'll go crazy every time hamilton is on screen!! :lol:

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 02 Jul 2007, 21:01

from "james allen's verdict"
McLaren also significantly added to Hamilton's race time by switching him from a two to a three stop strategy.

They did this in order to avoid a great big clump of traffic, including the two Red Bull cars and Scott Speed, which the Ferraris had lost a lot of time passing.

By bringing him in early they gave him a clear track to run in on a slightly lighter car, but they forced him to make an extra stop, adding 23 seconds to his race time.

So a margin of around six seconds to the Ferraris was transformed into half a minute at the end.
since when was james allen a strategist? i'm sure mclaren knew what they were doing they are the experts, who would you trust, james allen or mclaren's strategists? it's not true that lewis would have finished closer to the ferraris anyway and lewis was not pushing 100% at the end since there was no point, argh someone please take james allen to a desert :) :)
mm tofu

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 03 Jul 2007, 15:00

alex wrote:from "james allen's verdict"
McLaren also significantly added to Hamilton's race time by switching him from a two to a three stop strategy.

They did this in order to avoid a great big clump of traffic, including the two Red Bull cars and Scott Speed, which the Ferraris had lost a lot of time passing.

By bringing him in early they gave him a clear track to run in on a slightly lighter car, but they forced him to make an extra stop, adding 23 seconds to his race time.

So a margin of around six seconds to the Ferraris was transformed into half a minute at the end.
since when was james allen a strategist? i'm sure mclaren knew what they were doing they are the experts, who would you trust, james allen or mclaren's strategists? it's not true that lewis would have finished closer to the ferraris anyway and lewis was not pushing 100% at the end since there was no point, argh someone please take james allen to a desert :) :)
well, he did used to work in the pits for itv but i agree. he should shut up! also, i don't think he should be put in desert. i'd say an ocean. or space.

Super Aguri
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Super Aguri » 22 Jul 2007, 15:12

Amazingly ITV did a good job. (I don't care about the Press Conf too much)

Funny when Allen was talking about Webber at the end..

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 22 Jul 2007, 18:38

It pains me to say it but Allen has been ok recently :huh: . He seems to have calmed down alot [(]) [(]) [(])

f1matty14
car driver
car driver

Post by f1matty14 » 22 Jul 2007, 19:12

Totaly Agree with Removing James Allen.. he cant commentate and misses out on things happening on the screen right in front of him!
The Essene of Speed is vital. The Precision to Overtake Is Craved. Luck... Is Begged For

ferrarifanman
kart driver
kart driver

Post by ferrarifanman » 27 Jul 2007, 16:02

Poor James... but yes he and Steve go way too far over the top with all the Lewis Hamilton hype !1!1!
ImageImage

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 29 Jul 2007, 22:24

Damon Hill will be joining ITV’s commentary team for next week’s Hungarian Grand Prix. The ITV team made the announcement following their coverage of today’s British Touring Car races.

He is expected to be joining James Allen in the commentary box in place of Martin Brundle, who usually misses the Hungarian race.

Last year Anthony Davidson stood in to commentate on what turned out to be Jenson Button’s maiden win.
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2007/07/29/d ... t-hungary/

well it will make things more interesting and i guess he has a lot of insight into f1 but damon is probably lewis' number 1 fan, even more than james, imagine both of them in there together..
mm tofu