It is currently 26 Jun 2017, 19:08

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2007, 13:52  
F1 Legend

macca should have take the pole for to win the race, this is their only chance for to win.
so i think they consantrate on qualifications more than other teams.
Hamilton crash
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2007, 14:15  
GP2 Driver

iceman1 wrote:
Alonso flying but they cannot beat s3 time by Massa which has two tight corners La Rascasse and Anthony Noghes,Alonso was on super soft and others on soft.
We have to wait for the second practice session to see the true image oh Monaco

Massa must be running alot of wing which might justify that s3 time. It's hurting him in the other sections though... Hamilton's probably focusing now on just finishing the race... pity that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2007, 14:33  
GP2 Driver

Jarno and Giancarlo 4 & 5 in P2! Heikki and Ralf 17 & 20... Something's not right.

Dual strategies by toyota and Renault maybe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2007, 15:18  
GP2 Driver

iceman1 wrote:
macca should have take the pole for to win the race, this is their only chance for to win.
Hamilton crash

ouch hamiltons first big mistake!

lucky its in practise but will damage his testing for setup :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2007, 15:21  
kart driver

Could be, strategy will be key for Monaco GP. Tyres are reliable so there is no worry that they can't handle trou race, there is almost impossible to overtake so one stop strategy could pay out.
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2007, 15:28  
F1 Legend

McLaren unconcerned about Hamilton crash

McLaren have no concerns about Lewis Hamilton's prospects for the Monaco Grand Prix, despite the rookie losing the last half hour of second practice because of a shunt.

Hamilton miscued his braking into Ste Devote and punched into the barriers, causing significant damage to the front of his car during the second practice session.

The championship leader previously crashed a car during pre-season testing at Valencia in January, but this was his first mistake during a Grand Prix weekend.

"He came into Ste Devote, which has a very small braking area, locked the rears and ... Monaco is Monaco," a team spokesperson told autosport.com.

"But we're very happy with the cars, both were fast out of the box and everything is fine. Obviously, there is nothing wrong with Fernando (Alonso)'s car."

Alonso ended the session at the top of the timesheets with a lap of 1:15.940, while Hamilton managed to hold on to the third quickest time with his 1:16.296 in spite of his shunt.
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2007, 15:34  
GP2 Driver

iceman1 wrote:

McLaren have no concerns about Lewis Hamilton's prospects for the Monaco Grand Prix, despite the rookie losing the last half hour of second practice because of a shunt.

Hamilton miscued his braking into Ste Devote and punched into the barriers, causing significant damage to the front of his car during the second practice session.

The championship leader previously crashed a car during pre-season testing at Valencia in January, but this was his first mistake during a Grand Prix weekend.

"He came into Ste Devote, which has a very small braking area, locked the rears and ... Monaco is Monaco," a team spokesperson told autosport.com.

"But we're very happy with the cars, both were fast out of the box and everything is fine. Obviously, there is nothing wrong with Fernando (Alonso)'s car."

Alonso ended the session at the top of the timesheets with a lap of 1:15.940, while Hamilton managed to hold on to the third quickest time with his 1:16.296 in spite of his shunt.

phew what a relief, was gettin kinda worried...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2007, 15:41  
kart driver

iceman1 wrote:

I still hope for his frist pole position, a win to isn't so far. :D
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2007, 15:46  
GP2 Driver

Actually I was impressed that even having run only 16 laps Hamilton still managed to be second fastest in P1!
Now he damaged the car in P2... and lost more practice time. His confidence must have also taken a hit.

Every additional lap you run in practice pays dividends come qualifying. This absolutely hurt his prospects of securing a top spot or even pole.

The odds are staking up against him... Let's see what the kid is made of!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2007, 15:50  
GP2 Driver

im gona be so bervous come qualifying and in the race!!

if it rains it will be very interesting how hamilton handles the wet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2007, 16:08  
GP2 Driver

iceman1 wrote:
Hamilton crash

Not gonna be last time. :cheesy: :cheesy: I'm pretty sure about that. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2007, 17:45  
F1 Rookie

Nice to see Hamilton is only human after all :mrgreen: made my day a bit better knowing that the untouchable Brit has made a mistake...

Wooo look at Fisico go :cheesy: :mrgreen: So proud that he tried...
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2007, 17:54  
GP2 Driver

yer fisi did well, he even overtook massa apparently but i dnt rly no details...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2007, 19:06  
GP2 Driver

Dark_Fisico wrote:
Nice to see Hamilton is only human after all :mrgreen: made my day a bit better knowing that the untouchable Brit has made a mistake...

Wooo look at Fisico go :cheesy: :mrgreen: So proud that he tried...

DF! your boy Fisico did good in P2! Maybe got a good set-up for the race! I would love to be proven wrong about him on the streets of Monaco!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2007, 19:38  
F1 Rookie

I know :mrgreen: I'm hoping he doesn't peek to early this weekend :lol:... But he's always been a bit more confident on Monaco... Some of the overtakes last year proved it... He'd have never overtaken so many cars at a time anywhere else in a whole race :P ...
 Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next