It is currently 30 May 2017, 13:08

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 13:36  
GP2 Driver

one of the most exciting qualifying yet!!

i loved watchin hamilton through the swimming pool with the back out bouncin over the curbs so cool!

great result for fisi and the two honda boys!

cmon mclaren!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 13:37  
F1 Rookie

lol kimi and massa, the two ferraris paying homage to their predecessor :lol: :lol: :lol:
it was the most ironic thing i ever saw...how funny :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D

great quali session, a mclaren shootout, both lewis and fernando did a sterling job, can't wait for the race tomorrow...i don't know who i want to win but i hope it's a mclaren 1-2 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 13:44  
car driver

Tomorrow we shall see what Alonso is made of... Having Lewis down his neck.. same car but different drivers! It shall be fun :mrgreen:
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 13:44  
F1 Legend

Well done to Alonso for getting pole,He deserves it
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 13:57  
F1 Rookie

WOOO GO FISI :mrgreen: ... Showing his class now...

What was DC thinking off :frown: , I don't know if I believe his story... Poor Kovy :cry: ...

Fingers crossed that Fisi does this well in the race :mrgreen: noone knows where he could end up (though knowing my luck he won't finish the race now :lol:)...
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 14:02  
F1 Rookie

Am I the only one who thinks Coulthard did the right thing? (Yeah probably biased as I support him and Massa with the SA Drivers)
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 14:04  
F1 Rookie

I don't think it was the right thing... But we really don't know what happened, I just don't like DC so won't believe him but if he really didn't know then yes it would have been the right choice because he thought he was blocking for a good position on track...
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 14:04  
F1 Rookie

Super Aguri wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks Coulthard did the right thing? (Yeah probably biased as I support him and Massa with the SA Drivers)

well he didn't know that heikki was on a hot lap because the team didn't tell him, dc said that if he had known heikki was on a hot lap, he would have let heikki go

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 14:06  
F1 Rookie

Dark_Fisico wrote:

What was DC thinking off :frown: , I don't know if I believe his story... Poor Kovy :cry: ...

Fingers crossed that Fisi does this well in the race :mrgreen: noone knows where he could end up (though knowing my luck he won't finish the race now :lol:)...

why don't you believe it? :lol: :lol: :lol:
dc knows that if heikki was on a hot lap, he would be punished for blocking him...i don't think dc is stupid enough to do that intentionally only to be disadvantaged in the race

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 14:09  
F1 Driver

i think he is right on saying that, but he might be saying that just to be nice :P :cheesy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 14:10  
F1 Rookie

Quote:
Fernando Alonso beat Lewis Hamilton to pole position for the Monaco Grand Prix by two tenths of a second, as McLaren took their first pole position of the season.

The McLarens had battled for supremacy throughout the qualifying hour, which remained dry despite a light shower shortly before the session.

Hamilton was comfortably fastest in Q1, with Alonso unable to get within four tenths of his teammate, but the positions were reversed in Q2, with Alonso emerging 0.048 seconds quicker.

Hamilton then held provisional pole early in Q3, but a slide at Loews and traffic in the tunnel meant he was unable to improve on his early time. Alonso then produced a 1:15.726 to deny his young teammate his first pole position.

Felipe Massa took third for Ferrari, but his teammate Kimi Raikkonen will start back on the eighth row after an error in the second segment.

Raikkonen clipped the inside barrier at the Swimming Pool exit on his first flying lap in Q2, breaking the Ferrari's right-front suspension.

He continued as far as Rascasse, but the damaged car could not make the corner and ended up parked in virtually the same place as Michael Schumacher had been in the infamous track blocking incident of the 2006 qualifying session.

Massa almost became trapped behind his teammate, before eventually squeezing through the gap between Raikkonen's car and the barrier. The Finn managed to reverse away from the Armco and got back to the pits, but the damage could not be repaired in time.

Giancarlo Fisichella took Renault's best grid spot of 2007 in fourth, with Nico Rosberg and Mark Webber doing likewise for Williams and Red Bull in fifth and sixth respectively. The BMWs will share row four, with Nick Heidfeld ahead.

David Coulthard made it through to the top ten, only for his Q2 times to be deleted as a punishment for blocking Heikki Kovalainen when on an out-lap near the end of the session.

The Red Bull driver was demoted to 16th on the grid, behind Raikkonen, while Kovalainen could only manage 14th.

Coulthard's penalty meant that both Hondas reached the top ten for the first time in 2007. Rubens Barrichello had already made the cut, pushing Jenson Button out of the top ten by 0.003 seconds before the stewards' decision allowed both in. They qualified ninth and 10th.

Vitantonio Liuzzi starred in Q1 with the fourth fastest time, and then achieved a season-best 12th on the grid in Q2, behind Williams' Alex Wurz, and ahead of Jarno Trulli. Toyota had a disastrous session, with Trulli only 14th and Ralf Schumacher failing to get beyond Q1. He will start 20th.

Morning practice pacesetter Adrian Sutil could not repeat his giant-killing performance in qualifying, but did manage to get off the back row, taking 19th. A hydraulic leak meant his Spyker teammate Christijan Albers was unable to set a time.

Both Super Aguris also departed in Q1, with Anthony Davidson 17th and Takuma Sato only 21st. Toro Rosso's Scott Speed was the other man eliminated early, and will start 18th.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 14:16  
F1 Rookie

alex wrote:
Dark_Fisico wrote:

why don't you believe it? :lol: :lol: :lol:
dc knows that if heikki was on a hot lap, he would be punished for blocking him...i don't think dc is stupid enough to do that intentionally only to be disadvantaged in the race

I dunno I just don't think I believe him... I've never been a big fan of DC's... I'm not sure what to make of it... But if he had apologised I would have believed him... But did he apologise??? I'm not sure I think he just passed the blame didn't he??? (Didn't watch all the interview with him sorry)...
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 14:30  
car driver

Sorry to see the two McLarens in front. Sadly the race will be rather boring tomorrow. Alonso will win, and Hamilton will take 2nd place (again). I think Massa can hang on to take third place.

The most exciting thing to watch tomorrow will be Kimi. I'm very curious of what he could do. Schumi had a brilliant race last year from last position, and maybe Kimi can do it again :)
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 14:55  
F1 Legend

welcome nano :mrgreen:
Well done Alonso-McLaren. Seems after 2001 a law has passed at Monaco, that no Ferrari can have success there after!
I was laughing when both Ferraris were stopped at where MS stopped last year. I don't think Kimi has stopped his chances for the championship :mrgreen:
 Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 15:10  
F1 Driver

Hamilton was driving like crazy today, it looked that his car did not have the break function.

All looks well for a great race tomorrow

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next