***Official Spanish GP Thread***

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
Locked
User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Post by iceman1 » 07 May 2007, 17:13

Massa said that he didn't do any quali runs at all, so if pedro did and was only a couple of tenths faster, so Ferrari could be in a very good position.

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie
Posts: 505
Joined: 23 Dec 2006, 02:46
Location: UK

Re: Ferrari aero.

Post by ntr » 07 May 2007, 17:30

Bobdredds wrote:BMW I reckon will overtake McLaren IMHO because there development is solid and I believe the car has more potential. Having said McLaren have surprised me so far and could do so again. I just cant seem to get a handle on the new regime yet.


even if the bmw car will be good enough (which it won't..) there are still the drivers...are nick and robert better than fernando or lewis, i don't think so
mm tofu

User avatar
jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 316
Joined: 28 Feb 2007, 04:58
Location: Bahrain

Re: Ferrari aero.

Post by jana7i » 07 May 2007, 18:11

alex wrote:
Bobdredds wrote:BMW I reckon will overtake McLaren IMHO because there development is solid and I believe the car has more potential. Having said McLaren have surprised me so far and could do so again. I just cant seem to get a handle on the new regime yet.


even if the bmw car will be good enough (which it won't..) there are still the drivers...are nick and robert better than fernando or lewis, i don't think so


the only way BMW can overtake Mclaren is if Mclaren have a problem, BMW dont have the power to challange a fast healthy Mclaren car
Image

User avatar
maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2360
Joined: 26 Dec 2006, 14:05
Location: Malta
Contact:

Re: Ferrari aero.

Post by maltafan » 07 May 2007, 19:40

jana7i wrote:
alex wrote:
Bobdredds wrote:BMW I reckon will overtake McLaren IMHO because there development is solid and I believe the car has more potential. Having said McLaren have surprised me so far and could do so again. I just cant seem to get a handle on the new regime yet.


even if the bmw car will be good enough (which it won't..) there are still the drivers...are nick and robert better than fernando or lewis, i don't think so


the only way BMW can overtake Mclaren is if Mclaren have a problem, BMW dont have the power to challange a fast healthy Mclaren car
Nick did it on Alonso, so I think, yes, it can happen
Image

User avatar
jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 316
Joined: 28 Feb 2007, 04:58
Location: Bahrain

Re: Ferrari aero.

Post by jana7i » 08 May 2007, 07:54

maltafan wrote:
jana7i wrote:
alex wrote:
Bobdredds wrote:BMW I reckon will overtake McLaren IMHO because there development is solid and I believe the car has more potential. Having said McLaren have surprised me so far and could do so again. I just cant seem to get a handle on the new regime yet.


even if the bmw car will be good enough (which it won't..) there are still the drivers...are nick and robert better than fernando or lewis, i don't think so


the only way BMW can overtake Mclaren is if Mclaren have a problem, BMW dont have the power to challange a fast healthy Mclaren car
Nick did it on Alonso, so I think, yes, it can happen

he did it when alonso's mclaren was slow in bahrain. so as i said, mclaren has to be slow in order for BMW to overtake them. if both cars were healthy on the track, then Mclaren will be be infront. my opinion only.
Image

User avatar
gutobr
2007 Prediction League winner
2007 Prediction League winner
Posts: 988
Joined: 04 Mar 2007, 22:57
Location: Brasil

Post by gutobr » 08 May 2007, 09:50

I think BMW will improve a lot, the best part of the season for BMW is yet to start:
Europe. But I don't think they'll be in the same level of Macca and Ferrari.

User avatar
Mattzel89
car driver
car driver
Posts: 7
Joined: 07 May 2007, 13:44
Location: Dortmund, Germany
Contact:

Post by Mattzel89 » 08 May 2007, 10:45

Although it's almost 4 weeks since the lst F1 races I'm not really looking forward to it. The races in Barcelona were really boring in the last years. Maybe the new chicane will provide some action like passings
The Legend continues here - http://www.schumi4ever.net

Image

User avatar
nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2002
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 13:34
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Contact:

Re: Ferrari aero.

Post by nelmesy16 » 08 May 2007, 11:40

jana7i wrote:
maltafan wrote:
jana7i wrote:
alex wrote:
Bobdredds wrote:BMW I reckon will overtake McLaren IMHO because there development is solid and I believe the car has more potential. Having said McLaren have surprised me so far and could do so again. I just cant seem to get a handle on the new regime yet.


even if the bmw car will be good enough (which it won't..) there are still the drivers...are nick and robert better than fernando or lewis, i don't think so


the only way BMW can overtake Mclaren is if Mclaren have a problem, BMW dont have the power to challange a fast healthy Mclaren car
Nick did it on Alonso, so I think, yes, it can happen

he did it when alonso's mclaren was slow in bahrain. so as i said, mclaren has to be slow in order for BMW to overtake them. if both cars were healthy on the track, then Mclaren will be be infront. my opinion only.


it was only a tiny problem! he had little lack of grip which only would of lost him 0.2 anyway... so i think BMW can overtake them!
Image

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Post by iceman1 » 08 May 2007, 22:04

Mattzel89 wrote:Although it's almost 4 weeks since the lst F1 races I'm not really looking forward to it. The races in Barcelona were really boring in the last years. Maybe the new chicane will provide some action like passings

yeah i hope 2 :P
at verano, kimi got a new more sensitive steering box so i reckon that was the biggest improvement to making the car more to kimi's liking, i dont think massa had to change his steering box

User avatar
nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2002
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 13:34
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Contact:

Post by nelmesy16 » 09 May 2007, 05:31

kimi could be even quicker now! :?
Image

User avatar
jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 316
Joined: 28 Feb 2007, 04:58
Location: Bahrain

Re: Ferrari aero.

Post by jana7i » 09 May 2007, 07:19

nelmesy16 wrote:
jana7i wrote:
maltafan wrote:
jana7i wrote:
alex wrote:
Bobdredds wrote:BMW I reckon will overtake McLaren IMHO because there development is solid and I believe the car has more potential. Having said McLaren have surprised me so far and could do so again. I just cant seem to get a handle on the new regime yet.


even if the bmw car will be good enough (which it won't..) there are still the drivers...are nick and robert better than fernando or lewis, i don't think so


the only way BMW can overtake Mclaren is if Mclaren have a problem, BMW dont have the power to challange a fast healthy Mclaren car
Nick did it on Alonso, so I think, yes, it can happen

he did it when alonso's mclaren was slow in bahrain. so as i said, mclaren has to be slow in order for BMW to overtake them. if both cars were healthy on the track, then Mclaren will be be infront. my opinion only.


it was only a tiny problem! he had little lack of grip which only would of lost him 0.2 anyway... so i think BMW can overtake them!

tiny problem?? lack of grip???
no grip= no speed
Image


User avatar
nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2002
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 13:34
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Contact:

Post by nelmesy16 » 10 May 2007, 15:43

i hope spyker can be even closer this weekend :D
Image

User avatar
[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 262
Joined: 09 Apr 2007, 17:54
Location: Finland

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 10 May 2007, 16:48

nelmesy16 wrote:i hope spyker can be even closer this weekend :D


Well, allways can hope, they might get little closer...
:| :|
Gosh these new emoticons are awful!!!

User avatar
nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 2002
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 13:34
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Contact:

Post by nelmesy16 » 11 May 2007, 10:06

well the spyker drivers are with the STR now... adrian sutil went faster but albers was only 0.3 down on him but should of beaten him but stuffed up the last sector and went in the pits... so this weekend for albers and spyker will be interesting and maybe compeditive :D
Image

Locked