***Official Spanish GP Thread***

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
Usama
car driver
car driver

Post by Usama » 14 May 2007, 06:15

i am really disappointed of Raikkonen
i mean he is a wonderful driver but still cant get the max speed of the Ferrari don't u agree

nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by nelmesy16 » 14 May 2007, 10:00

hahakla wrote:it was an very nice race with alonso who tryed to overtake massa in the first corner but hamilton rulezz :D :D let's hope albers can score some points this year :|
i really hope albers can score points too... he will have a much bigger chance when the b-spec car comes tho... he was very unlucky with the blue flag penalty on the race.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 14 May 2007, 11:18

The 2007 Season Could Be Better Than Anyone Dared Hope
With Kimi Raikkonen failing to impress at Ferrari and McLaren's Fernando Alonso visibly uncomfortable with his team-mate's pace and the consequential onset of Hamilton-mania, 2007's plot is proving to be a riveting tale of the unexpected.
Lewis Hamilton Has The Mentality Of A Champion
Two exchanges stood out from Lewis' post-race press conference. The first was when he was asked if there was any stage during the race when he believed he could win.

F1mania
car driver
car driver

Post by F1mania » 14 May 2007, 15:07

Can't believe that raikkonen didn't even finish the race cuz of a rare electrical problem. just amkes me so mad. On the other hand Felipe Massa seemed to have a great race, and same with Lewis Hamilton, especially at such a young age. hmm kind of weird how a lot of drivers reitred this time. :shock:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 14 May 2007, 16:37

The problem of the RA107 is in my opinion the same one as that of R27, they did not manage to adapt to Bridgestone, but that will come. And then it is not all at Honda, the tires it is something really imporant, F1 it is a whole. The team suffers from the absence of a technical director, it is quite beautiful to have transfered Willis, but now one pays it at the full price, not that the team is less qualified, of what I could read here or there, the engineers became free electrons, and it is a little anarchy. More especially as the victory of Jenson in Hungary , and for them this reached stage take more risk to play the title (what is normal at the bottom).

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 14 May 2007, 16:54

iceman1 wrote: Lewis Hamilton Has The Mentality Of A Champion
Two exchanges stood out from Lewis' post-race press conference. The first was when he was asked if there was any stage during the race when he believed he could win.
Hey Iceman, equally impressed with Hamilton, what a contrast to Alonso's whighning about that first corner non-incident. Ron Dennis knows how to pick them!

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 14 May 2007, 17:02

F1mania wrote:Can't believe that raikkonen didn't even finish the race cuz of a rare electrical problem. just amkes me so mad. On the other hand Felipe Massa seemed to have a great race, and same with Lewis Hamilton, especially at such a young age. hmm kind of weird how a lot of drivers reitred this time. :shock:
Doesn't Raikkonen look kinda plumpish lately? He looks like he's turning into the Finnish Montoya... Let's hope not, he might not fit into the F2007 which would mean a return of the "most dominant driver of the modern era" and a return to the "let your more dominant teammate pass you" tactics at Ferrari.

*Sigh*

julie
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by julie » 14 May 2007, 17:16

When i seen Kimi's Ferrari slow down i nearlly cried, Good race over all though, Massa drove real well even after his little fire in the pits :)
ImageImage

BANANAGP
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by BANANAGP » 14 May 2007, 17:21

green7791 wrote:I think it was the foult of Massa not Alonso. It happened between first and second corner and Alonso was already ahead. I agree with what Alonso said during the post race conference that stewards should look at the issue, Massa should at least appologize. The poblem is that after Malaysia GP he has fixation on not being too soft and he behaves on the track like Schumi...
?? Were we watching the same race? Alonso might have gotten his nose in front but that doesn't mean Massa needs to slow down and pull over for the guy. Massa correctly maintained his line and it was up to Alonso to complete the move. Alonso tried to force the issue but Massa had none of it. Bravo Felipe!

And what a hippocrite! Alonso nearly took off his teammate when returning to the track. I can see that great big head of his beginning to crack... :D

julie
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by julie » 14 May 2007, 17:24

BANANAGP wrote:
green7791 wrote:I think it was the foult of Massa not Alonso. It happened between first and second corner and Alonso was already ahead. I agree with what Alonso said during the post race conference that stewards should look at the issue, Massa should at least appologize. The poblem is that after Malaysia GP he has fixation on not being too soft and he behaves on the track like Schumi...
?? Were we watching the same race? Alonso might have gotten his nose in front but that doesn't mean Massa needs to slow down and pull over for the guy. Massa correctly maintained his line and it was up to Alonso to complete the move. Alonso tried to force the issue but Massa had none of it. Bravo Felipe!

And what a hippocrite! Alonso nearly took off his teammate when returning to the track. I can see that great big head of his beginning to crack... :D
I agree with you totally, Massa had the inside line why should he back off, does anyone thing Alonso would of backed off for Massa? I don't
ImageImage

bongkie
car driver
car driver

Post by bongkie » 14 May 2007, 18:16

alonzo should have been awarded by a drive through penalty, it was obvious that he cant get through massa on the corner, but i salute mclaren for giving lewis a nice set up for the race... :?

bongkie
car driver
car driver

Post by bongkie » 14 May 2007, 18:30

congrats to super aguri, after all this time their 1st point arrived........

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 14 May 2007, 18:32

About kimi's probleme : Left suspension arm broke
Eletrical problem is fake. :roll:

danny87
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by danny87 » 14 May 2007, 21:02

If the electrical problem was fake why did he only just manage to get to the pits, i agree about the suspension, but this must have caused something else?

jana7i
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by jana7i » 15 May 2007, 06:06

lets get something strait here! people who like ferrari will say it was alonso's fault, people who like mclaren will say its massa fault. we dont have to agree o_O

but here is what i think....
i think Alonso was to ambitious to take the racing line, and massa was too stubborn to give Alonso space.

So they are both at fault. so it’s a racing incident.
Some say that after Malaysia, massa is now driving aggressively like schumi,, that might be true. We will know in the future races.