Brasil Scar For Kimi!

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
Sauly
car driver
car driver

Brasil Scar For Kimi!

Post by Sauly » 22 Oct 2007, 00:42

For those who don't know, Kimi almost had the campionship taken away from him.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... /7023.html

I think the stewards made the right decision in the interest of the sport. Kimi deserved every bit of this world championship!

I was so tired of James and Martin wanting divers to just move over for Lewis and give him the title!! Last nights race was a bit much to handle with the commentators! I wish I could have listened to the 'Speed' commentators.
Sauly

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Brasil Scar For Kimi!

Post by Silver Shadow » 22 Oct 2007, 02:27

It's over now!

MrReasonable
kart driver
kart driver

Post by MrReasonable » 22 Oct 2007, 02:44

As a Hamilton/Mac fan, I wouldnt want the WDC like this. Give it to Kimi, he stuck it out and earned it.

presence
car driver
car driver

Post by presence » 22 Oct 2007, 06:22

I agree, Kimi deserves the title, he came a long way for this one. As for Hamilton, he is still very young and he will learn from his mistakes and I would love to see him as a world champion too. As for Kimi, he finally did it and what away to take the title!

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 22 Oct 2007, 10:27

There is no official World Champ... McLaren appeal...
As a VERY BIG Hamilton-fan, I don't want to win the title like this either, but Ferrari would have done the same, so McLaren is right to appeal :T:@
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 22 Oct 2007, 10:34

McLaren appeal? So it's still not over? I don't think Ferrari would have done thesame. A perfect example was that in the qualifying, hamilton was in the way of Kimi, and hamilton apologised for that, and Kimi just did like it was nothing, even if he could have been on pole. And, by the way, why would McLaren appeal if the punishment wouldn't go to the drivers anyway? What is in it for them. I think it is really over now. Or is it? :huh:

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 22 Oct 2007, 10:40

sejtur wrote:McLaren appeal? So it's still not over? I don't think Ferrari would have done thesame. A perfect example was that in the qualifying, hamilton was in the way of Kimi, and hamilton apologised for that, and Kimi just did like it was nothing, even if he could have been on pole. And, by the way, why would McLaren appeal if the punishment wouldn't go to the drivers anyway? What is in it for them. I think it is really over now. Or is it? :huh:
Nope, it's not over:
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41157

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 22 Oct 2007, 11:01

To : The Stewards of the Meeting
TECHNICAL DELEGATE S REPORT
After the race:
The temperature of the fuel going into the car during the race refuelling has been checked for car numbers 01,
02, 05, 06, 09, 10, 16 and 17.
The temperature of the fuel going into the car numbers 01, 02, 05 and 06 was within the 10 degrees below the
ambient temperature.
The temperature of the fuel going into the car numbers 09, 10, 16 and 17 was more than 10 degrees below the
ambient temperature:

Car 09, driver Nick Heidfeld:
1st pit-stop at 14:33 fuel temperature: 24 ºC ambient temperature: 37 ºC
2nd pit-stop at 15:06 fuel temperature: 25 ºC ambient temperature: 37 ºC

Car 10, driver Robert Kubica:
1st pit-stop at 14:26 fuel temperature: 23 ºC ambient temperature: 37 ºC
2nd pit-stop at 14:49 fuel temperature: 24 ºC ambient temperature: 37 ºC
3rd pit-stop at 15:15 fuel temperature: 24 ºC ambient temperature: 37 ºC

Car 16, driver Nico Rosberg:
1st pit-stop at 14:31 fuel temperature: 24 ºC ambient temperature: 37 ºC
2nd pit-stop at 15:10 fuel temperature: 25 ºC ambient temperature: 37 ºC

Car 17, driver Kazuki Nakajima:
1st pit-stop at 14:41 fuel temperature: 25 ºC ambient temperature: 37 ºC
2nd pit-stop at 15:10 fuel temperature: 26 ºC ambient temperature: 36 ºC

I am referring this matter to the stewards for their consideration.
Jo Bauer
FIA Formula One Technical Delegate
Time : 17.30
Date : 21 October 2007
Document : 37

Stewards final Investigation Report:-

Code: Select all

http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/41833331__BRA_Doc_41_BMW_Williams_07.pdf

Article 6.5.5 of the Formula 1 technical regulations states:
“No fuel on board the car may be more than 10 degrees centigrade below ambient temperature.”
hope this satisfy :p
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

kimifan1
kart driver
kart driver

Post by kimifan1 » 22 Oct 2007, 17:47

joostlamers wrote:There is no official World Champ... McLaren appeal...
As a VERY BIG Hamilton-fan, I don't want to win the title like this either, but Ferrari would have done the same, so McLaren is right to appeal :T:@
even if the were to appeal. the team points would be taken away and the drivers point.according to mclarens rule.everybody knows berrnie wanted lewis to win.go back and look at the video of japan.lewis should have been penalized.he was no where near saftey car when vettel crashed into weber.this was the chance for hamilton he blew it.mclaren has been lucky with no mechanical failures this year,why do you suppose they have not had any.maybe some ferrari data helped.bmw will beat mclaren next year.mclaren will go back to race day failures.kimi had 2 dnfs.if it was not for that he would have clinched title after china.kimi rules as champion know regardless of bernie.

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 22 Oct 2007, 18:32

I just found this article to be a bit of a laugher. Since when does McLaren acknowledge that they have fans?
McLaren appealing to avoid criticism - Whitmarsh

Mon 22 Oct, 06:48 PM

McLaren decided to appeal the outcome of the 2007 drivers' world championship to avoid the criticism of 'fans and Formula One insiders', the British team explained on Monday.

The Woking-based outfit wants the Court of Appeal to overturn the stewards' decision on Sunday not to sanction a trio of cars that finished ahead of Lewis Hamilton in Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix.

Should the three cars be excluded or demoted due to fuel temperature discrepancies, Hamilton could earn the extra two points needed to wrest the title from the grasp of newly crowned world champion Kimi Raikkonen.

"We were surprised at and don't really understand the stewards' decision," McLaren Chief Executive Martin Whitmarsh was quoted by agencies as saying on Monday.

"Therefore we feel that if we hadn't lodged our intention to appeal, we would surely have been criticised by fans and Formula One insiders alike for not supporting our drivers' best interests."

Interestingly, McLaren last month explained that it did not appeal its exclusion from the constructors' championship because it believed it was 'in the best interests of the sport.'

Whitmarsh denied that McLaren's decision to appeal in this case could be interpreted as sour grapes against the team's former driver, Raikkonen.

"Our argument is with the stewards' decision in relation to the cars of Rosberg, Kubica and Heidfeld. Hence our decision to lodge our intention to appeal," he added.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/22102007/ ... marsh.html

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 22 Oct 2007, 20:55

Yes leave it like this Lewis has a hole carreer infront of him, kimi was always so close and now he finally has it. The only thing that bothers me is that ferrari get the constructors title and the driver title I mean they didn't earned the constructors title and now there getting both but its still better than Alonso winning the championship again $peace

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 22 Oct 2007, 21:08

Lewis doesn't even want to win the title like this, he wants to fight for the leading in the race, win races, be competitive, not when the season is over, he said that Kimi won the title, based on the last two races. Those are the words of a true sportsman !cool!!!! , I LOOOOOOOVE HAMILTON !yahoo:

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 22 Oct 2007, 21:16

By the way: Lewis said that it was his own mistake, he said that his hand slipped away, and accidently pressed the button for the startprocedure. So the car went to neutrale, and he had to reset his gearbox. I say: nerves for the Championship, can't blame him for that one $peace Lewis Rules

Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Silver Shadow » 22 Oct 2007, 21:26

Well done to Hamilton for being Vice champion. I think McLaren should just live and let live. They have made huge strides from being the winless jalopy that I was cheering for last year to one of F1's major powerhouses, again. Like it was mentioned earlier, Hamilton made a big impact, and I totally respect him for that. I just did not respect the fact that he was so outspoken and his cockiness drove me insane! Still though, he got a lot of experience, and I hope to see him do well...

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 23 Oct 2007, 22:05

joostlamers wrote:By the way: Lewis said that it was his own mistake, he said that his hand slipped away, and accidently pressed the button for the startprocedure. So the car went to neutrale, and he had to reset his gearbox. I say: nerves for the Championship, can't blame him for that one $peace Lewis Rules
Nah thats not official yet I mean why would we believe a canadian newspaper and are they the only one that knows.