2007 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
orangedevil
kart driver
kart driver

Re: 2007 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by orangedevil » 21 Oct 2007, 22:23

Alonso: "It would be a joke"

Fernando Alonso, in statements to Cadena SER (Spain), said on the investigation that the FIA has initiated and the possible change in the hands of the title that "if something happens this sport and where it would go, I think this is a joke" .

The three commissioners of the FIA, Tony Scott Andrews, Antonio Vaconcelos and Elcio Sao Thiago have already finished the meeting and is awaiting the resolution. Shortly thereafter, in a new communique from the FIA, confirmed that Heidfield, Kubica, Rosberg and Nakajima had a temperature below 10 degrees at ambient temperature.
In Spanish --> http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/web/gen/ ... 92619.html

orangedevil
kart driver
kart driver

Post by orangedevil » 21 Oct 2007, 22:28

UPDATE

There are a new rumor: FIA could sanction only teams

I listened it in Caneda SER (Spain)

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 21 Oct 2007, 22:38

Mike Gascoygne is clear: "there's no other option, they have to be disqualified..."
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/10/ ... s-illegal/
Last edited by JoostLamers on 21 Oct 2007, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Mozzer56
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Mozzer56 » 21 Oct 2007, 22:48

No way they could take the title from kimi. Points from the teams - fine. To take points and positions from the drivers at this point would just be pain hypocritical.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 21 Oct 2007, 23:12

FIA confirms problems with the fuel for BMW and Williams...

earlyriser
car driver
car driver

Post by earlyriser » 21 Oct 2007, 23:20

YAHOO sport UK reporting - no penalty for fuel irregularities!

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 21 Oct 2007, 23:26

Reuters confirms: Title is save for Raikkonen, BMW and Williams won't get punished. Which is strange according to Mike Gascoyne, he says it gives you 5-10 horsepower more...
Nevertheless Raikkonen deserves it :T:@

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 21 Oct 2007, 23:31

It's not nice to claim the title after a disqualification of 3(!) cars. But I think they should have got punished, not the drivers but the teams. It's just unfair, because your car is, uhm, just illegal, no other words for. But again, don't punish the drivers punish the teams...

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 21 Oct 2007, 23:32

Remember '99, when the winning Ferraris in Malaysia were declared illegal for barge board irregularities (or something similar) and Mika became champion, but on appeal the following week the barge boards were suddenly found to be within the permitted tolerance

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 22 Oct 2007, 09:19

so hamilton has been rediculously favoured this season by the FIA and race stewards but do you really think the world's public are stupid enough to agree with the stewards simply handing the championship to hamilton when he just was not good enough to get it?
it is a disgrace if the title is handed to anyone other than raikkonen, who deserved it after a faultless drive (and yes, a bit of luck) but should a championship really be decided like this?

i suppose the whole season has been haunted by all the controvercy! its almost fitting to see the championship decided in the same manner!

disapointing that mclaren are actually going to lodge an appeal... why would you want to win the championship like that... no morals whatsoever in my opinion!

it is almost possible to say that it doesnt matter who officially wins the championship the public all know who deserves it, just like alonso said, 'the person with the most points at the end deserves it'

Congratulations Kimi a brilliant show of how talented he really is. deserved it hands down for all the years of failure in the mclaren team it is good to see he (in his first year at ferrari) was able to break through to win the championship!

Kimi Raikkonen 2007 World Drivers Champion
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro 2007 World Constructors Champions
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 22 Oct 2007, 09:31

WDC wrote:so hamilton has been rediculously favoured this season by the FIA and race stewards but do you really think the world's public are stupid enough to agree with the stewards simply handing the championship to hamilton when he just was not good enough to get it?
it is a disgrace if the title is handed to anyone other than raikkonen, who deserved it after a faultless drive (and yes, a bit of luck) but should a championship really be decided like this?

i suppose the whole season has been haunted by all the controvercy! its almost fitting to see the championship decided in the same manner!

disapointing that mclaren are actually going to lodge an appeal... why would you want to win the championship like that... no morals whatsoever in my opinion!

it is almost possible to say that it doesnt matter who officially wins the championship the public all know who deserves it, just like alonso said, 'the person with the most points at the end deserves it'

Congratulations Kimi a brilliant show of how talented he really is. deserved it hands down for all the years of failure in the mclaren team it is good to see he (in his first year at ferrari) was able to break through to win the championship!

Kimi Raikkonen 2007 World Drivers Champion
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro 2007 World Constructors Champions
Ferrari would have done exactly the same thing by going tot he court with this case, it's not good what they are doing, cause you don;t want to win it this way, but Ferrari would have done exactly the same!
Remember drivers blaming hamilton all the time, at the final few races. Vettel, Webber and Raikkonen.

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 22 Oct 2007, 10:30

This race was really the most exciting race of the year. I never thought this race would also be better than last year's race at brazil. Everything really went well for Kimi, with a little help from felipe. The impossible became true, this is unbelievable. Before the race I really didn't think this was going to be the outcome. I want to thank the whole Ferrari team and Kimi especially, because I enjoyed this year so much because of them, they really showed that everything is possible if you work hard and well. I hope they can repeat it next year, with TC off!

Forza Kimi! Forza Ferrari!

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 22 Oct 2007, 10:56

no title for mclaren! :@:2 :@:2 !yahoo:

and was it just me or did alonso look happy in the podium.

maybe because he is leaving mclaren?
or maybe becase hamilton didn't win the title...?

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 22 Oct 2007, 10:58

donald29 wrote:no title for mclaren! :@:2 :@:2 !yahoo:

Nobody won the title, there is still no World Champ, McLaren appeal:
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41157

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 22 Oct 2007, 11:15

donald29 wrote:no title for mclaren! :@:2 :@:2 !yahoo:

Dennis do not earn nothing this year. It's just he loose all this year. He had a patetic decision. Bet for a children instead a two title championship. World Championship fight until last turn. Children piss under preassure. I'm sure that if Pedro was second driver (with Alonso), Mercedes would have been first and second this year, because they fought together.

Alonso was unhappy because he didn't get the tittle. But he knew it was very difficult. So he was happy because at the end, Dennis have seen, he bet for a looser