2007 Chinese Formula 1 Grand Prix

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2007 Chinese Formula 1 Grand Prix

Post by dazmoffman » 07 Oct 2007, 13:34

It was pretty clear to see from tv that hamiltons tyres were going so why he stayed out is really strange we have watched the GP twice now and still cant belive that happened, anyway a good race from kimi as always alonso can put his head up now he has a good chance of winning so does kimi as its goint to be very close in two weeks time....
Not sure whats going on with massa right now once alonso overtook he was off the pace i thought he would of been more competative than that and a very well done to vettel.
Anybody know what was the problem with kubica car?

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 07 Oct 2007, 14:10

maltafan wrote:I think there is a rule stating that this can be done in the pitlane. Even mecchanics could go there.
In fact, it's not the first time that mecchanics push cars in the pitlane.
Nope, the mechanics can't go behind the white line which signals start/end of pitlane...
He Marshalls were trying to push him out, but it was useless... it wasn't a dangerous place so i guess he would have been DQ'ed after if he did get out due to some outside help...
joostlamers wrote:I think it's not the driving style of Hamilton, I think it's just bad luck. In a Dutch F1-magazine i've got, there was a special about his drivingstyle, they compared it with Alonso. Hamilton steers in a corner really calm an smooth, while Alonso was pushing his tires to the limit ''hmm''
Well, i guess the papers were wrong...'cause what i saw was Alonso with perfectly OK tires in his pitstop, while Hamilton's tires were pretty much slicks when he got in...

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 07 Oct 2007, 14:44

When Alonso and Hamilton will have exactly the same points, Alonso needs to win the race to be world champion

If Alonso will be 2nd, en Hamilton will be 5th, Hamilton will be world champion, according Hamilton finished more times at the 5th(!) position.

If Raikkonen will have exactly the same points with Alonso or Hamilton, he will always be world champion, according having more wins

julie
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by julie » 07 Oct 2007, 14:47

Todays race should make the last race of the season a good one. So glad to see Kimi racing well again its been an up and down season for him. Hamilton should of went in earlier for new tyres but i guess some times you take risks and they way off buy this time it didn't for Hamilton.
ImageImage

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 07 Oct 2007, 16:18

zack wrote:
Mozzer56 wrote:Why was Hamilton asking the stewards to give the car a push? Surely he was disqualified as soon as a steward touched the car?!?!

Go Kimi in conclusion :p
No their are not stewards ..they are called Track Marshals
Stewards enjoy the drinks in race control room.

$peace
When they are not harassing Vettel with penalties, that is.... :@:2
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

pacocopan
car driver
car driver

Post by pacocopan » 07 Oct 2007, 16:22

joostlamers wrote:
iceman1 wrote:Damon Hill organized a party in London to celebrate Hamilton´s World title....it look like the party is going to be postponed... :@:2 :@:2
Postponed yeah, not cancelled $peace
But also Alonso and Raikonen are preparing their own partys.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 07 Oct 2007, 16:28

This has been one of the best rookie seasons

Of the last 30 years these four are real elite stuff:
1980 - Prost, Mansell, de Cesaris
1984 - Senna, Berger, Brundle, Bellof, Alliot
1991 - M Schumacher, Häkkinen, Wendlinger, Comas, Blundell
2001 - Alonso, Räikkönen, Montoya

The following years had at least two drivers who had (or have had so far) long and good but not great career:
1981 - Warwick, Alboreto
1989 - Alesi, Herbert, Lehto, Donnelly
1993 - Barrichello, Irvine
1994 - Coulthard, Frentzen, Panis, Salo, Verstappen
1996 - Villeneuve, Fisichella
1997 - Trulli, R Schumacher, Wurz
2000 - Heidfeld, Button
2002 - Massa, Webber, Sato

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 07 Oct 2007, 16:30

joostlamers wrote:I think it's not the driving style of Hamilton, I think it's just bad luck. In a Dutch F1-magazine i've got, there was a special about his drivingstyle, they compared it with Alonso. Hamilton steers in a corner really calm an smooth, while Alonso was pushing his tires to the limit ''hmm''
Having an aggressive driving style is not the same as destroying tyres.

Alonso has always been very good at taking care of his tyres. $peace
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

pacocopan
car driver
car driver

Post by pacocopan » 07 Oct 2007, 16:32

No, Alonso's driving style (like Raikonen or Kubica) was different in the curves with Michelin tyres; more aggressive than with Bridgestone tyres. Alonso has got to adapt his driving to Bridgestone. Hamilton's driving style ruins his tyres too much.

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 07 Oct 2007, 16:50

Maybe it was because Hamilton was scraping his tyres over the track to the wet to cool them off. I guess it didn't really work. &doh

Mozzer56
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Mozzer56 » 07 Oct 2007, 16:52

surely alonso is going to absolutely detest the lack of traction control next year with such an aggressive driving style? seems like that will favour kimi and lewis much more than alonso to me.

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 07 Oct 2007, 17:54

what an amazing race...i'm sorry For Hamilton it was his fault cuz he tried to be fast and had an understeer it was rely shame also McLaren's strategy was bad they had to call him pit earlier they knew that his rear tyres finished and he was very slow so why don't you call him pit :roll:: Alonso and Kimi were great Alonso overtook Massa start of the race but he couldn't keep his place b4 1st stops he passed again him and that was great move can't wait for the Brasilian Gp it'll be very exciting race but possibly Hammy will be youngest world champiyon Alonso has a great chance too but he must be on pole and then have to wait Hammy to finish P3 or lower.. :T:@ Interlagos suits McLaren more than Ferrari super softs and softs are the best for Macca..They were 1st in Monaco and Canada so they'll be very competitive in Qualifying and race..
4ever McLaren...

xman2331
kart driver
kart driver

Post by xman2331 » 07 Oct 2007, 18:04

Too bad for Lewis he could have had it in the bag. But he's still the p**p cuze look he drops out of one race and still ahead of the championship. Brazil is gonna be one to remember for sure.

With Lewis coming out on top!

And how bout that vettel good for him but damn the kid screams like a little girl.
Last edited by Zack on 07 Oct 2007, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ****

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 07 Oct 2007, 18:08

Lightning983 wrote:
maltafan wrote:I think there is a rule stating that this can be done in the pitlane. Even mecchanics could go there.
In fact, it's not the first time that mecchanics push cars in the pitlane.
Nope, the mechanics can't go behind the white line which signals start/end of pitlane...
He Marshalls were trying to push him out, but it was useless... it wasn't a dangerous place so i guess he would have been DQ'ed after if he did get out due to some outside help...
He had alredy passed the white pit lane line, that's why i said I think they could have done it.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 07 Oct 2007, 18:33

xman2331 wrote:Too bad for Lewis he could have had it in the bag. But he's still the p**p cuze look he drops out of one race and still ahead of the championship. Brazil is gonna be one to remember for sure.

With Lewis coming out on top!

And how bout that vettel good for him but damn the kid screams like a little girl.
:<>:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO