2007 Chinese Formula 1 Grand Prix

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: 2007 Chinese Formula 1 Grand Prix

Post by Lightning983 » 07 Oct 2007, 19:47

xman2331 wrote:And how bout that vettel good for him but damn the kid screams like a little girl.
LOL !grin! leave the kid alone... he's what 18? 19? when he goes through puberty his voice will change !grin! !grin!
maltafan wrote: He had alredy passed the white pit lane line, that's why i said I think they could have done it.
I think the line was starting about 2m from where Lewis was... not the first line... the second like right the the entrance to the pits...

xman2331
kart driver
kart driver

Post by xman2331 » 07 Oct 2007, 23:23

the last race is gonna be so good because once and for all the smacktalk comes to an end. fernando and lewis only 4 points apart. i don't think kimi will be able to win the championship unless both lewis and fernando drops out. But between lewis and fernando we'll finally see an all out no bs duel to the finish. If Alonso loses I bet he quits mclaren. I'm pulling hard for lewis to pullthe upset it'll be tthe best one ever in recent memory. And if Alonso wins hey, he's suppose to. Since he IS the 2 time world champion and lewis is afterall, a rookie.

but no matter what happens lewis and all lewis fans should be damn proud of what he has accomplished this year. The fact that he made alonso sweat bullets and cry is all the proof we need even if not this year, lewis is a champion in the making. He makes Massa look like a rookie and beaten kimi on quite a few occasion. And as for Fernando, well, definitely will make him think twice the next time he decides to write off his teamate.

only 14 days away

xman2331
kart driver
kart driver

Post by xman2331 » 07 Oct 2007, 23:25

and damn too bad Michael retired one year too early. Would have liked seeing michael vs lewis

Balthazar
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Balthazar » 08 Oct 2007, 01:10

I'll take issue with Lewis beating Kimi on more than a few occasions. We haven't truly had the opportunity to see a straight up fight between Lewis and Kimi. Raikkonen has been beset by unreliability in most cases, and in Shanghai we saw McClaren make a crucial strategic error by failing to bring Lewis in for dries earlier. Although I'm happy mathematically that Kimi will be able to challenge in Brazil, unless the 2 McClaren drivers take each other out, little chance of Kimi taking it. Then again it could rain. Then again it IS Kimi.

Still I'm more looking forward to Alonso v. Hamilton. Alonso is a vicious, ruthless competitor, as he should be. Hamilton will be able to look back on his rookie season and will be glad to have had a teammate like Alonso. It gave him a no s*** introduction into the world of a championship driver.

devereux
kart driver
kart driver

Post by devereux » 08 Oct 2007, 01:25

lewis beating kimi??? lewis beating kimi on quite a few occasions?????? when did lewis beat kimi in a fair fight on a few occasions xman?

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 08 Oct 2007, 04:02

It's the 24th time that F1 championship fight has concluded in the last race. It's the ninth time, however, that there have been 3 drivers fighting for the championship in the last race. In those times the one who's been leading has won championship 3 times, second has also won 3 times and from third position it's been done twice

xman2331
kart driver
kart driver

Post by xman2331 » 08 Oct 2007, 04:49

devereux wrote:lewis beating kimi??? lewis beating kimi on quite a few occasions?????? when did lewis beat kimi in a fair fight on a few occasions xman?
um. look at lewis' average finish and look at kimi's average finish? pretty much self explanatory.

and if you wanna think about specific instances. malaysia when he kept both kimi and massa off? monaco? the pass down turn one in monza? too many to name

xman2331
kart driver
kart driver

Post by xman2331 » 08 Oct 2007, 04:52

dude mclaren has made so many more headlines this year than ferrari that's not even something worth debating. Lewis was the star this year when NO ONE in the beginning of the year thought he would even stand a chance to fight kimi, fernando, and felipe - all returning elites. not even counting the fact he is the championship leader and also the consistency in which he outdrives these 3. Theres no point in denying it Lewis was what F1 revolved around this year.

xman2331
kart driver
kart driver

Post by xman2331 » 08 Oct 2007, 05:04

whats sad about mclaren this year though was how poorly fernando handled his own composure. After qualifying in the chinese gp he cries once again about how the team is not giving him equal equipment blah blah blah and how theres team favoritism. Give me a break this guy cries like a b|atch every single time things doesn't go his way. But now that he still has a title chance he all of a sudden goes on to say "Oh I know the team probably hates me but I still expect driver equality." I have never seen a driver that criticizes his own team even though that very team has gave fernando 4 wins this year. What a sad sob. Straight up Scott Speed status.

lmcsp
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lmcsp » 08 Oct 2007, 07:10

Oh xman .. we get it, youre a lewis fan ..
Please tell me this then my son, how many "rookies" have started their careers in arguably the fastest car in the field?
I have said this before and I will say it again - this guy [ham] has been groomed for this for 10 odd years - he is not a rookie, and considering the espionage that has gone on he shouldnt even be racing - do your homework mate.

Now, lets look at what you said about him beating Kimi and Alonso ..
Both Kimi and Fernando have won GPs in sub-par cars which included beating one michael schumacher!!
Kimi came within 2 points of winning the title and beating schumacher in 2003 in a car that was nearly 2 years old!!

No doubt ham is a good driver, but hey, they all are, or they wouldnt be in F1 - but I will say, if ham had have started in a lower team ie: torro rosso and he was leading the championship, I would probably have more respect for that cocky little w@nker ..

but hey, that would never happen - or do you disagree?
I tell ya what - put him in a BMW and see if he could get those results, again, I dont think so

Also: He is the only driver in the field that has not received any penalty whatsoever, and considering his behavior behind the wheel at numerous occasions - he has gotten away with quite alot

Is this guy a "champion" that we should respect? - albeit, he is not a champ at time of writing

Please do not hesitate to set me straight mate.

anaconda
car driver
car driver

Post by anaconda » 08 Oct 2007, 08:13

iceman1 wrote:It's the 24th time that F1 championship fight has concluded in the last race. It's the ninth time, however, that there have been 3 drivers fighting for the championship in the last race. In those times the one who's been leading has won championship 3 times, second has also won 3 times and from third position it's been done twice
time to make it 3-3-3
can you tell us the years for these 9 times?
i wonder what were the weather conditions in the races where the second and the third won the championship

btw
although a ferrari fan, i can say that alonso at least showed he is a driver worth having a wdc title. he had turned some races that didn't seem to go well for him, to a very good result
on the other hand, hamilton may be concisted but, he only managed to improve his position 3 times this year by gaining a place or two
to be a champion also means to have the ability to turn a bad race to a good one, even in a car that in the end of the season doesn't wins the wcc
let's wait another year for our little briton. besides, i don't think that maccas will be very competitive next year and i also think alonso would be very wise to go to renault. he will have more chances for the title there

i hope i made myself understood

pacocopan
car driver
car driver

Post by pacocopan » 08 Oct 2007, 15:15

xman2331 wrote:whats sad about mclaren this year though was how poorly fernando handled his own composure. After qualifying in the chinese gp he cries once again about how the team is not giving him equal equipment blah blah blah and how theres team favoritism. Give me a break this guy cries like a b|atch every single time things doesn't go his way. But now that he still has a title chance he all of a sudden goes on to say "Oh I know the team probably hates me but I still expect driver equality." I have never seen a driver that criticizes his own team even though that very team has gave fernando 4 wins this year. What a sad sob. Straight up Scott Speed status.
And Hamilton after Monaco? Doesn't he cry? Doesn't he cry in Hungary besides the team orders disobeying ? Doesn't he cry last week when he was under investigation after the safety car incident?
Alonso's confidence in his team is Zero but he also recognizes that Hamilton´s possible WDC victory is fair.

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 08 Oct 2007, 16:49

lmcsp wrote:Oh xman .. we get it, youre a lewis fan ..
Please tell me this then my son, how many "rookies" have started their careers in arguably the fastest car in the field?
I have said this before and I will say it again - this guy [ham] has been groomed for this for 10 odd years - he is not a rookie, and considering the espionage that has gone on he shouldnt even be racing - do your homework mate.

Now, lets look at what you said about him beating Kimi and Alonso ..
Both Kimi and Fernando have won GPs in sub-par cars which included beating one michael schumacher!!
Kimi came within 2 points of winning the title and beating schumacher in 2003 in a car that was nearly 2 years old!!

No doubt ham is a good driver, but hey, they all are, or they wouldnt be in F1 - but I will say, if ham had have started in a lower team ie: torro rosso and he was leading the championship, I would probably have more respect for that cocky little w@nker ..

but hey, that would never happen - or do you disagree?
I tell ya what - put him in a BMW and see if he could get those results, again, I dont think so

Also: He is the only driver in the field that has not received any penalty whatsoever, and considering his behavior behind the wheel at numerous occasions - he has gotten away with quite alot

Is this guy a "champion" that we should respect? - albeit, he is not a champ at time of writing

Please do not hesitate to set me straight mate.

I dont belive a word you say. you are the hams biggest fan, yau are in love with him, all you do is talk about him in these forums even if we are talking about tyre pressures or front end diffusers you have to mention his name....

lighten up bud your are watching one of the best season in a VERY long time :@:2

devereux
kart driver
kart driver

Post by devereux » 08 Oct 2007, 19:24

xman2331 wrote:[
um. look at lewis' average finish and look at kimi's average finish? pretty much self explanatory.

and if you wanna think about specific instances. malaysia when he kept both kimi and massa off? monaco? the pass down turn one in monza? too many to name
kimi's finishes a higher when they both finish the race, kimi has had reliability issues. get your facts right. a straight fight in monaco? haha wat a joke. malaysia? yeh so he should of, by the pace of alonso he should have been way down they road from kimi. same thing in monza.

you keep saying the same stuff over and over. yeh we know u love lewis, just shut up until you've something interesting to say

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 08 Oct 2007, 21:16

This is how I worked it out

If Kimi wins, FA is 3rd or worse and Hamilton is 6th, then Kimi is champion
If FA wins and hamilton gets 3rd or worse, than it's FA who raises the trophey
Any better position for Hamilton, makes him champion