2007 Chinese Formula 1 Grand Prix

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: 2007 Chinese Formula 1 Grand Prix

Post by Dark_Fisico » 09 Oct 2007, 10:04

pacocopan wrote:
xman2331 wrote:whats sad about mclaren this year though was how poorly fernando handled his own composure. After qualifying in the chinese gp he cries once again about how the team is not giving him equal equipment blah blah blah and how theres team favoritism. Give me a break this guy cries like a b|atch every single time things doesn't go his way. But now that he still has a title chance he all of a sudden goes on to say "Oh I know the team probably hates me but I still expect driver equality." I have never seen a driver that criticizes his own team even though that very team has gave fernando 4 wins this year. What a sad sob. Straight up Scott Speed status.
And Hamilton after Monaco? Doesn't he cry? Doesn't he cry in Hungary besides the team orders disobeying ? Doesn't he cry last week when he was under investigation after the safety car incident?
Alonso's confidence in his team is Zero but he also recognizes that Hamilton´s possible WDC victory is fair.
He's telling the truth xman...

After Monaco even though anyone who was watching the GP (without Hamilton shaded glasses) could see that Hamilton was on the edge trying to catch up with Alonso, he then came out looking like he was about to hit someone and said he was told to calm down :roll:: ... If he had been then he hadn't listened, they were probably telling him to slow down because he looked like he was about to hit every damn wall on the whole track... Fair enough he didn't in the end but he didn't get close to Alonso either...

Alonso whines, its apart of Alonso's make up... If he felt hard done by he'd go to the press and Flav would make everything better... He doesn't get that in McLaren so his whining is not delt with... Fair enough on McLaren, but even fans can see what he's like so why Dennis is letting him do it I don't know... Alonso and McLaren are two enemys on the same team now, whereas Hamilton is McLarens golden boy... Hamilton hasn't been as pearly white as some has made him out to be, and FIAs vague rules has let him get away with a lot... He is very lucky in many aspects and I for one was happy to see some of that luck run out in China... I don't care who wins the WDC anymore, but I would like to see little Felipe win in Brazil again...

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 09 Oct 2007, 10:43

Dark_Fisico wrote:
pacocopan wrote:
xman2331 wrote:whats sad about mclaren this year though was how poorly fernando handled his own composure. After qualifying in the chinese gp he cries once again about how the team is not giving him equal equipment blah blah blah and how theres team favoritism. Give me a break this guy cries like a b|atch every single time things doesn't go his way. But now that he still has a title chance he all of a sudden goes on to say "Oh I know the team probably hates me but I still expect driver equality." I have never seen a driver that criticizes his own team even though that very team has gave fernando 4 wins this year. What a sad sob. Straight up Scott Speed status.
And Hamilton after Monaco? Doesn't he cry? Doesn't he cry in Hungary besides the team orders disobeying ? Doesn't he cry last week when he was under investigation after the safety car incident?
Alonso's confidence in his team is Zero but he also recognizes that Hamilton´s possible WDC victory is fair.
He's telling the truth xman...

After Monaco even though anyone who was watching the GP (without Hamilton shaded glasses) could see that Hamilton was on the edge trying to catch up with Alonso, he then came out looking like he was about to hit someone and said he was told to calm down :roll:: ... If he had been then he hadn't listened, they were probably telling him to slow down because he looked like he was about to hit every damn wall on the whole track... Fair enough he didn't in the end but he didn't get close to Alonso either...

Alonso whines, its apart of Alonso's make up... If he felt hard done by he'd go to the press and Flav would make everything better... He doesn't get that in McLaren so his whining is not delt with... Fair enough on McLaren, but even fans can see what he's like so why Dennis is letting him do it I don't know... Alonso and McLaren are two enemys on the same team now, whereas Hamilton is McLarens golden boy... Hamilton hasn't been as pearly white as some has made him out to be, and FIAs vague rules has let him get away with a lot... He is very lucky in many aspects and I for one was happy to see some of that luck run out in China... I don't care who wins the WDC anymore, but I would like to see little Felipe win in Brazil again...
youre amazing darkfisico! brilliantly said... and again, i agree with you 100%, its so true... everythingyou just said is spot on! well done.

although, i hope kimi wins the championship! !yahoo:
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 09 Oct 2007, 16:12

anaconda wrote:
iceman1 wrote:It's the 24th time that F1 championship fight has concluded in the last race. It's the ninth time, however, that there have been 3 drivers fighting for the championship in the last race. In those times the one who's been leading has won championship 3 times, second has also won 3 times and from third position it's been done twice
time to make it 3-3-3
can you tell us the years for these 9 times?
i wonder what were the weather conditions in the races where the second and the third won the championship
1950: Giuseppi Farina

Before the final round:

Juan Manuel Fangio 26
Luigi Fagioli 24
Giuseppi Farina 22

The first world championship came down to a battle between the three Alfa Romeo drivers. Farina claimed the title by winning the finale at Monza after Fangio’s gearbox failed.

After the final round

Giuseppi Farina 30
Juan Manuel Fangio 27
Luigi Fagioli 24
1959: Jack Brabham

Jack Brabham 31
Stirling Moss 25.5
Tony Brooks 23

All eyes were on the title duel between Brabham and Moss, though Brooks had an outside chance. Moss was leading by a substantial margin when his Cooper’s gearbox failed. Although Brabham had to push his car across the line he was still champion.

Jack Brabham 31
Tony Brooks 27
Stirling Moss 25.5
1964: John Surtees

Graham Hill 39
John Surtees 34
Jim Clark 30

Clark had to win in Mexico with Hill not scoring to be champion, but in the end neither of them were. Hill was involved in a controversial clash with Surtees’ team mate Lorenzo Bandini. It was Surtees who won the title by a single point.

John Surtees 40
Graham Hill 39
Jim Clark 32
1968: Graham Hill

Graham Hill 39
Jackie Stewart 36
Denny Hulme 33

Graham Hill didn’t let the pressure get to him and won his second title by scoring a victory at the scene of his disappointment four years earlier.

Graham Hill 48
Jackie Stewart 36
Denny Hulme 33
1974: Emerson Fittipaldi

Before the final round:

Emerson Fittipaldi 52
Clay Regazzoni 52
Jody Scheckter 45

The top two went in the final round tied on points but Carlos Reutemann won the race while fourth place gave Fittipaldi his second title.

After the final round:

Emerson Fittipaldi 55
Clay Regazzoni 52
Jody Scheckter 45
1981: Nelson Piquet

Carlos Reutemann 49
Nelson Piquet 48
Jacques Laffite 43

Reutemann famously blew it under pressure at Las Vegas. Despite starting on pole he limped home eighth, with Piquet fifth taking the two points he needed.

At the end of this close season five drivers were covered by just seven points (Laffite on 44, Alain Prost 43) - if only there had been one more round!

Nelson Piquet 50
Carlos Reutemann 49
Alan Jones 46
1983: Nelson Piquet

Before the final round:

Alain Prost 57
Nelson Piquet 55
Rene Arnoux 49

Piquet took the title from Prost in an anti-climactic finale that saw both his title rivals retire. Piquet dropped to third, allowing team mate Riccardo Patrese to win, not wishing to over-stretch his Brabham.

After the final round:

Nelson Piquet 59
Alain Prost 57
Rene Arnoux 49
1986: Alain Prost

Before the final round:

Nigel Mansell 70
Alain Prost 64
Nelson Piquet 63

Mansell needed only to finish third to win the championship. He was set to take the championship when, without warning, his left-rear tyre exploded at speed, spinning him out of the race.

It left Piquet in the lead but, fearing the same would happen to him, he pitted, letting Prost through to win the race and the championship.

After the final round:

Alain Prost 72
Nigel Mansell 70
Nelson Piquet 69

xman2331
kart driver
kart driver

Post by xman2331 » 09 Oct 2007, 16:42

the last round is gonna go down like this imo: Felipe will be 1st because he's gonna be thinking "screw you Kimi not like you gonna win anyway", Kimi second because with his luck the tyres are gonna blow out or something. and Lewis will just cruise in the 3rd spot to the ultimate upset of the year. Fernando will crying in the background about how he didn't get on the podium because Mclaren doesn't love him and whine to Ron before he decides to go back to Renault where he can be cuddled and pampered by Flavio again lool.

anaconda
car driver
car driver

Post by anaconda » 09 Oct 2007, 17:29

thank you iceman1
as i counted it is 3 for the leader 4 for the second and 1 for the third till now
but we know kimi, he can turn the odds!

we have a lot to see in brazil. it's not ferrari and maccas that will be racing. there r other teams and drives who will do what they can to be between those four drivers

devereux
kart driver
kart driver

Post by devereux » 09 Oct 2007, 23:03

i cant see other teams coming between the maccaz and the ferrari's, the only way lewis doesnt win the title is if he has a problem. i see kimi first, massa second, alonso third and hamilton fourth. i believe god will decide who gets the title. whoever wins will deserve it and i wont argue if i didnt expect it.