2007 FORMULA 1 Japanese Grand Prix-Fuji Speedway-

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2007 FORMULA 1 Japanese Grand Prix-Fuji Speedway-

Post by donald29 » 30 Sep 2007, 09:23

In ITV's pre race build up Hamilton was slagging off Alonso but Alonso wasn't slagging off Hamilton. I have never been one to stand up for nando but he has 2 world titles and nothing to prove so he lets his driving to the talking. Hamilton was obviously feeling the pressure and resorted to saying what he did.

Other drivers out their were more imprssive than Hamilton I feel. I also fetl sorry for Webber. Kova did a good job abd the Ferraris thought back well. Also impressed with DC!

Flag:##

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 30 Sep 2007, 09:42

"Normally Ferrari and the FIA are close, but not in Fuji.
The FIA forced Massa and Kimi to stop early and so they lost every chance to win the race and they came out at the end of the field wihle the safety car.

What happend? The FIA told the teas before the race that they have to start on heavy wets because of the weather. But the Ferraris did recevie this message just after the start and so they started on interns.

So the FIA told Ferrari they had to change the tires or they would have to end the race.Massa and Kimi came to the pit lane and changed tires and came out at the end of the field.

A Ferrari men told that they received the message 7 minutes after the race had started. "It was on Stefano Domenicalis Laptop at 13:37. So we had to stop or we would have been forced to end the race.We couldn't do anything."

Now Ferrari is realy angry. Räikkönens Raceingeniuer Chris Dyer was told to say nothing. But he wanted to give "Premiere" (telvesion programm) a really angry interview. He said "The FIA ****ed our race." and then someone from Ferrari stopped him, so he didnt tell more. Theres no need to translate this.
But they will have to talk about the thing later on."

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 30 Sep 2007, 09:50

Well if the ITV F1 crew KNEW about that regulation (it says, if the wet race starts behind the safety car all must start on extreme wet tires) why didn't ferrari?

And that's beside the point because anyone could have seen that its gonna be a race for the full wets and not the intermediates. Noone f***** Ferrari's race but themselves. They are just trying to shift blame so some of them don't get sacked :D lol

anaconda
car driver
car driver

Post by anaconda » 30 Sep 2007, 10:08

what a race what a race what a race
that was very exciting!!!! especially when alonso crashed....
i didn't watched live the europian gp but i think this was better

if i find out who put the intermediate tyres to ferrari i will $#@!#%%%#@$#!^&@%$!^!Y%$(*&!_)!)*&!%$!#$!@@&^!@#$#!%$#%!^#!^%!*^#&$##!&!#%
what were they thinking. they would had a 1-2 finish! anyway... congrats to hamilton. first championship with a lot of luck, like alonso's first....

btw, why there was a issue with the 2-hour limit? the european gp took 2h & 6min and there wasn't an issue. just a small detail

hope for another exciting race, probably china
good day from greece!

ps1: well i tried to post it a few minutes after the race but it wasn't posted and i found out a few minutes ago...
ps2 : you can tell how interesting was the race by looking this topic. 3 pages where added just in about 2 hours from the end of the race

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 30 Sep 2007, 11:06

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 30 Sep 2007, 11:43

If he thought things couldn't get much worse than colliding with a sister Red Bull Racing car while both he and Webber were on track for a podium, Sebastian Vettel has been handed a ten-place grid penalty for the Chinese Grand Prix.

Stewards at Fuji ruled Vettel at fault for the incident and have handed down the penalty. The rookie broke down in tears after causing the accident and has since apologised to Mark Webber.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 30 Sep 2007, 11:48

Lightning983 wrote:
FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:What a race! Congrats to Lewis from awesome job. Also big salute to Heikki Kovalainen from even more awesome job! Kimi did some nice overtakes and did deserve his third place. Poor Alonso. Poor Webber etc...
I agree that Kimi deserved the 3rd place but was very lucky to get it, on the other hand Ferrari didn't deserve anything today....
y they don't deserve :huh: ...do mclaren deserved to be on track :p

GPDA should launch appeal against fuji stewards ..for starting the race under unsafe conditions!..although it was good entertainment but...
Vettel punished 10-place grid penalty :frown: .. i just remember jpm smashed Schumi at Monaco under safety car..no penalty was awarded.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

f1matty14
car driver
car driver

Post by f1matty14 » 30 Sep 2007, 12:27

You cant really balme Vettel, they may have been only going 60mph, but your just going through your normal routine of warming up your rear tyres, and they guy infront if doing his brakes, and you cant see him becuase of the weather and spray, you cant really be blamed for it.

Great news alonso crashed, it was never a good thing him coming to MClaren, Long Live Hamilton and his Rookie championship! (well next week anyway!)
The Essene of Speed is vital. The Precision to Overtake Is Craved. Luck... Is Begged For

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 30 Sep 2007, 13:03

Liuzzi penalised, Sutil gets first point
30 September 2007 / Results / Photos

Tonio Liuzzi has been given a 25-second penalty added onto his final time at the Japanese Grand Prix after marshals found he had overtaken Adrian Sutil under yellow flags on lap 55 of the race.
Click here

The penalty means that Liuzzi loses his eighth place and point, and Sutil instead moves up to eighth and scores his and Spyker's first point of the season.

"For sure I think we deserved this point after all the hard work this year and we finally got it," said Sutil. "It is a great feeling, even if we didn't get it on the track. I think it was the right decision, there was no green flag after this yellow flag from turn one, so we were definitely right and that is why we got this point."

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 30 Sep 2007, 13:32

What a race ! What a race ! What a race !

although starting was very boring (Safty car period), :huh: a pathetic ferrari stratagy, worst in long time... :huh:

!yahoo: Alonso Crashed !yahoo:

Great finish --> kub - massa - kub - massa - kub - massa finally Flag:## Flag:##

Kimi very nice recovery drive, but i am surprised that he did not pass hakki :huh: but hakki said kimi already passed him and he repassed him on last lap... (http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~1~id~155154.htm) although never showed on TV...

I didnt like coverage.. Alonso, webber-vettel crashes never showed...

anyways congrats to Hami on "almost" winning WDC

now kimi should try to beat alonso.... :T:@ :T:@ 5 Point difference...

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 30 Sep 2007, 14:19

zack wrote: y they don't deserve :huh: ...do mclaren deserved to be on track :p

GPDA should launch appeal against fuji stewards ..for starting the race under unsafe conditions!..although it was good entertainment but...
Vettel punished 10-place grid penalty :frown: .. i just remember jpm smashed Schumi at Monaco under safety car..no penalty was awarded.
I mean in a way that only the drivers were really giving it all on the track and trying to save what was left of the race after it was ruined by someone at ferrari deciding to start on intermediates... i don't even think of blaming the FIA for not sending the mail or whatever... it was their lame decision to start on those tires and the team strategists alone have to take the credit for not finishing highter today...

Yeah, and about the Vettel penalty? its double standards all arround... when is formula 1 FINALLY find some stewards capable of handing out CONSISTENT penalties???
This is even more pathetic that the Kubica drive through.

Was Verstappen penalized for crashing montoya out of the lead in Brazil 2001 i think? NO
Okay that Crashing in to the back of montoya happened 2 more times, but still NO PENALTIES
and not to mention MOntoya running into the back of Schumacher in Monaco,
ALL of these 4 were in basically perfect conditions, meaning it was DRY and you could SEE the person in front.

As much as i could say the race itself was interesting to watch, in my book all the things that happened today are more scandalous then the infamous USA grand prix...

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 30 Sep 2007, 15:22

Hamilton wants alonso out of the team :(
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 016137.stm

I've heard the fans are under investigation for complaining about the penalties too much :p :p :p :p

xman2331
kart driver
kart driver

Post by xman2331 » 30 Sep 2007, 17:54

i read an article interviewing alonso and his chances of still winning the wdc and he says, "we need a miracle now we need lewis to retire in the chinese gp" What a sore loser. Recall last year in the japanese GP Schumacher retired also and rather than saying "I need fernando to retire in order for me to win" He just accepted defeat and said "I would not want to win by someone else blowing up. I want to win fair."

That's what true champions say. I'm stoked for lewis for kicking fernando's ass. All those injustice from kimi in 05 and schumi in 06 have been paid back!

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 30 Sep 2007, 18:49

great race one of the most exciting race great race by Hamilton and he's lucky he didn't damage his car after kubica's hit..But Alonso wasn't lucky enough i'm sorry for him he could be 2nd and next 2 races would be so exciting :roll:: Next week in China the weather will be rainy i think and we'll see exciting race there i hope Alonso will win this race and Hamilton finish 9th but no DNF..Then Brasilian Gp will be very important for WDC i hope it'll be like this to see exciting season finish..Kimi is lucky to be 3rd Vettel is so stupid he hit everyone and he punished he deserved this...Sorry for Mark Webber he was so unlucky about that he was very angry to Vettel..Kovalainen was great he performed well congrats him...Ferrari's race strategy was c**p why they're whining and crying to FIA don't understand..that's their own fault to choose intermediate tyres :roll::
4ever McLaren...

lmcsp
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lmcsp » 30 Sep 2007, 20:02

McLaren-F1 wrote:Kimi is lucky to be 3rd
Hmm, I am not too sure about that, we've all seen Kimi do this sort of thing before - I mean, being penalized then driving through the field for a podium, or a win as we saw in 2005 ..

It wasnt luck, I think it was because he could - If he was lucky he wouldve won