ALONSO VS MCLAREN

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
F1_Maniac
kart driver
kart driver

ALONSO VS MCLAREN

Post by F1_Maniac » 08 Aug 2007, 16:34

McLaren's view

"McLaren are reportedly so "p***ed off" with Fernando Alonso that they have told him he can leave if he wants to."

"The Times speculates that it could be to either Ferrari, at the expense of Felipe Massa, back to Renault, he would probably replace Giancarlo Fisichella, or even to BMW."

Alonso's view
"Fernando Alonso is "desperate" to return to Renault next season, according to a source close to his former team."

"It's not a rumor, they (the Alonso camp) are desperate to come back," a source close to Renault told SpeedTV.

Alonso added fuel to the fire when he refused to commit himself to McLaren. Asked by the Spanish media if he'll see out his contract, he said: "I don't know, I don't know."

Alonso (double WDC) to Mclaren and Kimi(main Contender) to Ferrari were the main attraction at the beginning of the season, and now this happens.... Any comments and views???

Souce: Planet-F1

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: ALONSO VS MCLAREN

Post by Dark_Fisico » 08 Aug 2007, 16:51

The same rumours have came out about Hamilton... Apparantly (to another article I've seen, I'll try to find the link but not sure if I can) Ron Dennis has told McLaren that if anyone is annoyed or feel hard done by then they know where the door is, and he aimed the comment at Hamilton...

Its just a slow news day, things are being 'leaked' out to cause drama... McLaren are fighting amongst themselves but Ron Dennis only has his self to blame... Whether Alonso wants to go or not I cannot comment, he probably does... But the McLaren V Alonso thing, it's swinging both ways, I think they are fed up with both their drivers...

Juan-ito
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Juan-ito » 08 Aug 2007, 17:58

i think Alonso feels unconfortable because he is in a british team with a british team-mate... ''hmm''

soo...it's kind of normal.... i don't think he can be abble to leave Mclaren before the contract ends...

but.... anything can happend in F1 ^cool^ ^cool^

It's some of the same Kimi feels at the beging at the season... he feels uncorfortable with the development of the car... but it was always speculations... as with Alonso....

Who knows...... :huh: :huh: :huh:

macca
car driver
car driver

Post by macca » 08 Aug 2007, 19:07

tob quite honest i always thought alonso going to mclaren was a mistake but to be fair on ron he needed to fill a seat with a top driver who would have a chance at drivers title as he wasnt to know or expect the superb start hamilton has had and help challenge for constrcutors

what is burning up alonso inside is a rookie is beating him week in week out it must be a confidence killer am sure if i was to get outdone by one of our new apprentices in my job i would be miffed somewhat

if he leaves fair enough if he stays he needs to be a team player its that simple if he hadnt been childish and thats what it was the drivers title would have still been close as the mclarens were superb all weekend

i know people are gonna say lewis should have moved etc but the fact is alonso managed a pole position run lewis didnt due to alonso time wasting

sorry i have harped on but this has been my first real reply to a post

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 08 Aug 2007, 19:40

Here The same Subject
http://www.f1zone.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1420

sorry
-Locked-