Page 17 of 20

Re: 2007 Formula 1 Hungary GP

Posted: 05 Aug 2007, 14:50
by fingerfish
boring race. nothing happened. race concluded after the first few laps.

Re: 2007 Formula 1 Hungary GP

Posted: 05 Aug 2007, 14:54
by idoilani
I didn't see the race as I don't have any access to a channel that broadcasts it, but it sounds like a typical race to the older days (about 10 years ago) where all the intrest was the strategy and pit stops.

I guess we can't expect every race to deliver thrill and excitment and plenty of battles and overtaking moves, can we? :roll::

Still, for me, I get all the excitment from the onboard footage :roll::

Re: 2007 Formula 1 Hungary GP

Posted: 05 Aug 2007, 15:06
by iceman1
Weird that F1.com show the 15 points gained by McLaren today... :(

Re: 2007 Formula 1 Hungary GP

Posted: 05 Aug 2007, 15:44
by dazmoffman
I thought it was a good race without incedent, not very entertaining but still good in the way hamilton kept ahead as i was beginning to think kimmi was going to take control once he got out of the pit for the final time and started close the gap a shame for massa i thought he would of done better as his team mate seemed to be able to manage with his car pretty well.

again BMW's are raising their game heidfeld was'nt as competitive as i thought he would of been but maybe thats because the ferrari seemed alot better today, can any of you think of an explanation why the ferrari of kimmi was so quick in the race but poor (by kimmi's standards) during Q3?

Re: 2007 Formula 1 Hungary GP

Posted: 05 Aug 2007, 15:54
by qwertyman
zack wrote:boring race! ..should be drop from calender!

kimi gave 110%.. i felt better strategy could have help him to win!

wat rubbish strategy for massa &doh

gr8 drive for Ralf ..simply Awesome !grin!


Where's Ross Brawn when you need him?

Re: 2007 Formula 1 Hungary GP

Posted: 05 Aug 2007, 16:02
by idoilani
dazmoffman wrote:I thought it was a good race without incedent, not very entertaining but still good in the way hamilton kept ahead as i was beginning to think kimmi was going to take control once he got out of the pit for the final time and started close the gap a shame for massa i thought he would of done better as his team mate seemed to be able to manage with his car pretty well.

again BMW's are raising their game heidfeld was'nt as competitive as i thought he would of been but maybe thats because the ferrari seemed alot better today, can any of you think of an explanation why the ferrari of kimmi was so quick in the race but poor (by kimmi's standards) during Q3?


Kimi himself said after Q3 that the Ferrari is very good in race terms, even if it's not quick in the qualifying, and he said he believes that the same case will be in Hungary, and he turned up to be right...

Basically, when it's race conditions, there are some several other parameters taken into account.
One of them is the amount of tyre wear produced over the long run. Ofcourse that this is affected by the aerodynamic build of the car, so it differs from one constructor to another. I'm not sure that was the case here, doesn't look so, but anyway it was just an example, and I have no idea of the other parameters anyway :roll::

Re: 2007 Formula 1 Hungary GP

Posted: 05 Aug 2007, 16:34
by iceman1
if the aero-packages were simplified, I don't think that the Hungarian Grand Prix would be more interesting. It's like Monaco, it's almost impossible to overtake your opponents, Raikkonen termed the race 'boring' and 'you finish where you started'

Re: 2007 Formula 1 Hungary GP

Posted: 05 Aug 2007, 16:44
by sheffy
Flag:## It was quite boring although hamilton won wich is the only good part of the race but oh well the is bound to be better races coming up soon. Flag:## :toot:

Re: 2007 Formula 1 Hungary GP

Posted: 05 Aug 2007, 16:58
by iceman1
on Finnish TV they asked Kimi "About your former team and it's chief, whose name I'd rather not mention because those others are talking about him, too, umm how do you think the feeling was there after what's happened?" Then Kimi answered "Probably d a m n good"

Re: 2007 Formula 1 Hungary GP

Posted: 05 Aug 2007, 17:14
by JoostLamers
iceman1 wrote:By the way, Kimi's gonna win today! @Beer


Told you Hami would win :rule# :p

Re: 2007 Formula 1 Hungary GP

Posted: 05 Aug 2007, 18:10
by GodHatesKimi
HMMMMMMMMM

alonso 8 behind, kimi 20 behind, massa 21!!

istanbul should be fun!! i heard a strange rumour that apparently you can overtake there!!! LIES!!!! lol :p

Re: 2007 Formula 1 Hungary GP

Posted: 05 Aug 2007, 19:12
by Rabio F1
I thought a lot about this race, and my what i expected happened, this track need a high mechanical grip..like McLaren.

Re: 2007 Formula 1 Hungary GP

Posted: 05 Aug 2007, 19:22
by iceman1
joostlamers wrote:
iceman1 wrote:By the way, Kimi's gonna win today! @Beer


Told you Hami would win :rule# :p

Yeah Yeah !grin! he did a Great Job today :T:@

Re: 2007 Formula 1 Hungary GP

Posted: 05 Aug 2007, 19:32
by Super Aguri
Led flag to flag - Did a brilliant job.

Ages to the next gp after this one :(

Re: 2007 Formula 1 Hungary GP

Posted: 05 Aug 2007, 19:34
by maltafan
GodHatesKimi wrote:HMMMMMMMMM

alonso 8 behind, kimi 20 behind, massa 21!!

istanbul should be fun!! i heard a strange rumour that apparently you can overtake there!!! LIES!!!! lol :p
Have you seen previous races in turkey? It's not that difficult to overtake there and the circuit is great.

Roll on to the next Gp, please.