2007 Formula 1 Hungary GP

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2007 Formula 1 Hungary GP

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 31 Jul 2007, 16:45

dazmoffman wrote:I am going for a mclaren win possibly alonso on strategy hamilton 2nd, massa or kimmi 3rd idealy i want hamilton to win but he is a rookie and so i dont expect him to be better than the rest just yet, i will be drinking several beers and i will also be cheering on winklehock and sato, i love the underdogs
Winkelhock doesn't drive in Hungary, well, he doesn't drive in this season anymore. ImageImageImage

It's Yamamoto who drives in Spyker last race's. That smilie is from my own forum...

And I believe that Lewis has another bad race in a row in Hungary. Winner is Kimi or Alonso, second Kimi or Alonso third Massa. Hamilton could retire in my mind. ''hmm'' ''hmm'' ''hmm''

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 31 Jul 2007, 18:23

FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:
dazmoffman wrote:I am going for a mclaren win possibly alonso on strategy hamilton 2nd, massa or kimmi 3rd idealy i want hamilton to win but he is a rookie and so i dont expect him to be better than the rest just yet, i will be drinking several beers and i will also be cheering on winklehock and sato, i love the underdogs
Winkelhock doesn't drive in Hungary, well, he doesn't drive in this season anymore. ImageImageImage

It's Yamamoto who drives in Spyker last race's. That smilie is from my own forum...

And I believe that Lewis has another bad race in a row in Hungary. Winner is Kimi or Alonso, second Kimi or Alonso third Massa. Hamilton could retire in my mind. ''hmm'' ''hmm'' ''hmm''

??? i thought winklehock was a member of the spyker team now didnt realise you could use a driver for just one race, i see yamamoto is on the team and so i guess he is a permanent member of the team now.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 31 Jul 2007, 19:57

Q&A with Sakon Yamamoto

How do you feel to be back racing in Formula 1?
Sakon Yamamoto: It was a surprise to get the call from Spyker, but at the same time I was, and still am, really glad to come back to Formula 1. Obviously I haven't had a normal testing programme this year, but I drove an F1 car in February, and I do not think this will be a problem. I am excited to be back in a race seat.

You have already raced on the circuits we are visiting in the final part of the season. Is this an advantage for you?
SY: know all the circuits quite well, except Spa-Francorchamps where we didn't go last year. But last year I was in the situation where I had to learn the circuits and the car very quickly, so I think I will know this one quickly too. I am quite relaxed going to this part of the season.

Which circuits did you enjoy last year and what are you looking forward to this year?
SY: Last year I enjoyed every race, but the ones that were just fantastic were the Japanese Grand Prix, then Brazil. This last race was especially good - I set the 7th quickest lap in the race and then the second quickest sector time in sector two, which we didn't expect at all! This was a great result for us so I'm looking forward to going to Brazil again.

What will be your aims for the remainder of the season?
SY: Of course I would like to be really quick, score points and finish as many races as possible. The target though has got to be to help Spyker score their first points.

Does it feel familiar to be back? You first got your experience of F1 with the same team.
SY: I tested for the team (although it was a different name then!) back in 2005 and drove a Friday practice session in the Japanese Grand Prix. It's an advantage as I know some of the engineers and mechanics, so it's easy to get back into the team.

From Pitpass.com

Darksnake
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Darksnake » 31 Jul 2007, 20:47

dazmoffman wrote:
FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:

??? i thought winklehock was a member of the spyker team now didnt realise you could use a driver for just one race, i see yamamoto is on the team and so i guess he is a permanent member of the team now.
It's permanent now yes. :) Every team can only asign 4 different drivers to their team. Sutil, Albers, WInkelhock and now Yamamoto. He's the fourth one so they have to keep him now.

Hewitt
car driver
car driver

Post by Hewitt » 31 Jul 2007, 21:45

I think Kimi should win, as long as his car doesn't let him down again, the ferrari's should have the advantage over the Mclarens, I reckon Hamilton will be on the podium and either Massa or Heidfeld. It will probably be another processional race if it doesn't rain, like Spain or France, they should get more tracks like Istanbul and Canada where it's actually possibly to overtake. I don't think Alonso will do well, he only seems to actually do well when everyone else is floundering around, for example last race Massa is just terrible in the wet and the ferrari's weren't competitive at monaco - the team chose the keep the order the same and a lot of the 06 races there wasn't much competition in the first half. Look at Canada and Bahrain, the other guys were competitive and Alonso struggled.

Burn-out
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Burn-out » 01 Aug 2007, 04:23

Hewitt wrote:I think Kimi should win, as long as his car doesn't let him down again, the ferrari's should have the advantage over the Mclarens, I reckon Hamilton will be on the podium and either Massa or Heidfeld. It will probably be another processional race if it doesn't rain, like Spain or France, they should get more tracks like Istanbul and Canada where it's actually possibly to overtake. I don't think Alonso will do well, he only seems to actually do well when everyone else is floundering around, for example last race Massa is just terrible in the wet and the ferrari's weren't competitive at monaco - the team chose the keep the order the same and a lot of the 06 races there wasn't much competition in the first half. Look at Canada and Bahrain, the other guys were competitive and Alonso struggled.
AYE!!! we would to see a real champion in the ranks off the Great Late Ayrton Senna, Juan Manuel Fangio, Bruce MacLaren,Jack Brabham and the likes...
Its so terrible that we see this arrogant spaniard to win the championship by gathering the scraps of real pure bred racers...
I'm actually referring to Alonso, when did he he won fair and square in the Driver's Championsip... it all came from the bad luck of Kimi and Schuey, I'm just wondering how he would perform if all cars are running at 100% reliability? Just my 2 cents here....
The juice is worth the squeeze

devereux
kart driver
kart driver

Post by devereux » 01 Aug 2007, 05:56

Burn-out wrote: AYE!!! we would to see a real champion in the ranks off the Great Late Ayrton Senna, Juan Manuel Fangio, Bruce MacLaren,Jack Brabham and the likes...
Its so terrible that we see this arrogant spaniard to win the championship by gathering the scraps of real pure bred racers...
I'm actually referring to Alonso, when did he he won fair and square in the Driver's Championsip... it all came from the bad luck of Kimi and Schuey, I'm just wondering how he would perform if all cars are running at 100% reliability? Just my 2 cents here....
Definately your 2 cents. Elaborate on this "real pure bred racers" please.

Hewitt
car driver
car driver

Post by Hewitt » 01 Aug 2007, 08:21

I hvae to say I agree with burnout, I don't like Alonso, I lost what like ounce of respect I still had left after he brake tested doornbos. Let's face it, if Kimi's car had been reliable in 05 he would have been champion, I know Alonso was consistent but he never really showed true racing spirit. Take the nurburgring 95, Schumacher came back from over 20 seconds to win that race and sow up the WC, and Kimi in suzuka 05; whereas Alonso is content with podiums - just something that frustrates me. A lot of his races are won when the car in front retires - I know the saying to finish first, first you have to finish but this scenario seems to hapen a lot for Alonso. i guess I will never like him now anyway, i feel as though the other two deserved the WC more but were let down by their cars.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 01 Aug 2007, 11:42

weather
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=0059

I'm sad for Speed , it will be interesting to see how Vettel does though and how frustrated he will become as the team continues to flounder.

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 01 Aug 2007, 12:57

Hewitt wrote:I hvae to say I agree with burnout, I don't like Alonso, I lost what like ounce of respect I still had left after he brake tested doornbos. Let's face it, if Kimi's car had been reliable in 05 he would have been champion, I know Alonso was consistent but he never really showed true racing spirit. Take the nurburgring 95, Schumacher came back from over 20 seconds to win that race and sow up the WC, and Kimi in suzuka 05; whereas Alonso is content with podiums - just something that frustrates me. A lot of his races are won when the car in front retires - I know the saying to finish first, first you have to finish but this scenario seems to hapen a lot for Alonso. i guess I will never like him now anyway, i feel as though the other two deserved the WC more but were let down by their cars.
When Schumy started winning again last year he blamed the team and Fisico :roll:: it's like not their fault he couldn't keep up with the Ferraris... I don't mind him so much now though that he's stopped picking on Fisico...

ferrarifanman
kart driver
kart driver

Post by ferrarifanman » 01 Aug 2007, 14:07

A lot of what Alonso does is wrong and certainly ain't nice! He needs to cheer up a bit. Stop moaning, bitching about everyone else and concentrate on his own driving.
ImageImage

[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 01 Aug 2007, 17:21

ferrarifanman wrote:Stop moaning, bitching about everyone else and concentrate on his own driving.
I hate to say this, but this same goes to Felipe Massa too. He moans too much, like Fernando.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 01 Aug 2007, 18:28

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40217

Martin's on holidays again :@:2
so Damon will replace him for this Rce

Hewitt
car driver
car driver

Post by Hewitt » 01 Aug 2007, 20:09

That should be good, even better if it was Hill and Brundle but oh well

ginori9
car driver
car driver

Post by ginori9 » 01 Aug 2007, 21:56

i think that if Ferrari drivers don't make any mistakes, anyone can win this race.

I hope that this don't became truth, because i want that Fernando Alonso win the race and take the championship again!

Vamos Alonso!!......
Racing is a state of mind!

ginori9