It is currently 22 Aug 2017, 18:50

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2007 Formula 1 European Grand Prix
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2007, 18:01  
F1 Legend

Very good session for Ferrari. Massa was very inconsistent, he would set a fast time in S1 and S2 but lose time in S3, step Forward for toyota and Honda
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2007, 21:06  
car driver

I'm not satisfied by second free practice, because of weather condition. I'll wait for third free practice to be sure about performances..
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2007, 21:22  
F1 Rookie

HamiltonF1 wrote:
Lol that Winkelhock is c**p but I thought he would be I say give Albers his seat back, I mean Sutil is to young and doesn't have enough experience to pull the team, and don't think anyone can do it better than chris :p

How much seat time has Winkelhock actually had this year?

Not much at all so I say everyone should give him more of a chance.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2007, 07:49  
kart driver

Hamilton was the fastest man out there. KR beat LH´s time on soft tyres while LH was on hard. I think it will be interesting to see Qualification. I hope for KR and FA to be in first row
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2007, 11:12  
kart driver

2007 FORMULA 1™ Grand Prix of Europe Saturday Practice Results

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2007, 11:28  
F1 Legend

Raikkonen is fastest in final practice with Hamilton second, two tenths behind. Hamilton was fastest in the first sector of his lap though...Makes me very optimistic abt the Qualifications
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2007, 11:52  
GP2 Driver

Super Aguri wrote:
HamiltonF1 wrote:
Lol that Winkelhock is c**p but I thought he would be I say give Albers his seat back, I mean Sutil is to young and doesn't have enough experience to pull the team, and don't think anyone can do it better than chris :p

How much seat time has Winkelhock actually had this year?

Not much at all so I say everyone should give him more of a chance.

Yes you have a point there didn't knew that before I posted so :)

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2007, 13:11  
F1 Rookie

Hamilton just had a massive accident :(

I hope he is OK but I don't think he will take part tomorrow.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2007, 13:20  
F1 Driver

it doesn't look nice unfortunately.

His tyre went bust and he hit the tyre wall at 260 km/r

Probably there was some problem with his wheelnut during his last pit stop.

I hope he can make it tomorrow.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2007, 13:24  
F1 Legend

i hope he's ok,Time For Pedro
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2007, 13:26  
F1 Legend

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2007, 13:27  
F1 Driver

Ron Dennis says

No pain, no fractures, never was unconscious.

Just a matter of a few hours of observation and we'll see if he will race tomorrow

Not such bad news at least.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2007, 13:52  
F1 Rookie

Quote:
Kimi Raikkonen took pole position for the European Grand Prix in a session interrupted by a substantial accident for championship leader Lewis Hamilton.

Hamilton had just set the fastest time in the first sector when a loose right front wheel caused his McLaren to slew straight on in the first part of the flat out Schumacher S.

The McLaren sped across the gravel trap and made violent contact with the tyre barrier. The Briton attempted to extricate himself from the cockpit but was clearly in some discomfort and stopped to await medical assistance.

The session was immediately red-flagged while the doctors attended to Hamilton, who waved to the crowd while being stretchered to a waiting ambulance.

He was taken to the medical centre, where it was confirmed that he had escaped without injury, although he must still await clearance from the medical officials to participate in tomorrow's Grand Prix.

The session was halted for nearly half an hour when Hamilton received attention and the tyre barriers were re-assembled.

When the action resumed there was only time for a single flying lap for the remaining contenders.

Felipe Massa moved straight to provisional pole, but was soon usurped by his Ferrari teammate Raikkonen.

Fernando Alonso beat the Ferrari's time in the first sector but a major error in the middle sector meant he could only manage second on the grid behind Raikkonen, who clinched his first pole since the season-opener.

Massa had to settle for third, ahead of the BMWs of Nick Heidfeld and Robert Kubica.

Mark Webber broke into the top six for Red Bull, with Heikki Kovalainen seventh in the best of the Renaults.

The Toyotas took eighth and ninth, with Hamilton placed tenth with the best of his fuel-burning laps.

Jarno Trulli outqualified teammate Ralf Schumacher, but was fortunate to make it into Q3 at all, having spun at the chicane on his final Q2 lap. Despite ending the session on the grass, his previous time proved sufficient for 10th place and a place in the final segment.

While Kovalainen made it into the top ten with his final lap of Q2, his Renault teammate Giancarlo Fisichella did not get the same improvement, and was pushed back to 13th place, behind the two Williams.

Just 0.018 seconds split Nico Rosberg and Alex Wurz, and both nudged into the top ten near the end of Q2, but were edged back to the sixth row.

Honda's Jenson Button and Red Bull's David Coulthard were the biggest casualties of the first segment.

Button could not find sufficient pace to make the cut and will start 17th, three places behind teammate Rubens Barrichello, while Coulthard rued his team's tactics after having two laps spoilt by being too close to teammate Webber's turbulence, and then being sent out too late to complete his final run.

The combined effect of these problems left him back in 20th on the grid.

Super Aguri were the best of the three small teams in Germany, with Anthony Davidson and Takuma Sato both getting into Q2. They could not progress any further, and will share row eight.

The Toro Rossos took 18th and 19th, Scott Speed ahead of Vitantonio Liuzzi, while the Spykers again filled the final places, with Adrian Sutil 1.4 seconds faster than his temporary teammate Markus Winkelhock.

Results : http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2007/779/6425/

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2007, 13:54  
F1 Legend

Lewis is ok

Finally kimi on Pole , well Done

Quali re-Live: Raikkonen takes pole as Hamilton crashes
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=32186

Results: http://www.formula1.com/services/live_t ... iming.html
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2007, 14:08  
kart driver

Ron said Lewis is ok but I think he wont race tomorrow. Kubica's accident although the impact was at high speed aswell was less rough than Lewis's accident because the energy in Kubica's accident was dissipated slowly through the rollovers and so on but Lewis's accident was from 280kph to a total halt of 0kph in less then 2secs + the FIA didn't let Kubica race after a week I cant see them let Lewis race after 24hrs.

Its a shame he could have had a chance to keep the record of taking 10 consecutive podiums. Wish him a speedy recovery :T:@

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next