2007 Formula 1 European Grand Prix

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
Silver Shadow
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2007 Formula 1 European Grand Prix

Post by Silver Shadow » 15 Jul 2007, 19:24

Make it three in a row for Kimi, hopefully!

Super Aguri
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Super Aguri » 15 Jul 2007, 19:36

Montoya is not coming back. He slagged off F1 to hell and is doing OK in NASCAR. Couple of wins in the top 2 series. Just needs to work a little on making friends out there on the ovals :p

lucian
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lucian » 16 Jul 2007, 01:04

Super Aguri wrote:Montoya is not coming back. He slagged off F1 to hell and is doing OK in NASCAR. Couple of wins in the top 2 series. Just needs to work a little on making friends out there on the ovals :p
I'm not at all sorry that Montoya is no longer in F1. The way he finished his F1 career is a shameful one because he was constantly complaining of his car and his teammate. He accused Kimi of trying to intimidate him with some of his moves at Australian GP and also Malaysian GP (hopefully I remember correctly). He simply could not accept the idea of being outpaced by his teammate and he didn't want to look bad in front of his supporters from USA. Rather than looking slow and hopeless, he took the easy way out and slammed Kimi in the rear. Then he was extremely angry at Kimi and I thought he would go to Kimi and beat him.
For me Montoya is a wasted talent, a big one I'd say, but without too much brains (unlike Alonso or Schumacher).

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 16 Jul 2007, 08:31

Latin drivers won't stand out much in oval track stock car racing because they're more passionate than the Anglo's.
He definitely needs to go back to F1 or IRL or whatever will take him. I mean NASCAR is where all the money and stuff is but he is going to seriously hurt someone

Busi
Donator
Donator

Post by Busi » 16 Jul 2007, 12:05

This race will be not similar at all to Silverstone. The new Bridgestone tyres are almost equal than last year on fast corners, that's why Kimi, Alonso and Kubica (who were struggling this year) outperformed their teammates, but we're back to a slow track so it's gonna change again... or not... :P
Alonso, future 5 times world champion

[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 16 Jul 2007, 17:25

Busi wrote:This race will be not similar at all to Silverstone. The new Bridgestone tyres are almost equal than last year on fast corners, that's why Kimi, Alonso and Kubica (who were struggling this year) outperformed their teammates, but we're back to a slow track so it's gonna change again... or not... :P
Well, these tires might be "almost than last year on fast corners" But, Kimi, Fernando or Kubica didn't compete Bridgestone tyres last year, Michelin tyres from last season are totally diferent in low and fast corners than this year's Bridgestones. It is biggest reason why Kimi, Alonso and Kubica strugled at the first part of this season... Though, every last year's Michelin driver strugled at begining of this season...

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 16 Jul 2007, 19:04

Ferrari appears to have the faster straight-line speed; that would put them at a clear advantage at Monza, Spa, and Fuji. The McLaren definitely has superior handling, which gives them the edge at the Nurburgring and Hungary. The other three circuits are a push :@:2

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Bowsey » 16 Jul 2007, 19:14

I just hope Mclaren find a little extra speed to make it into a really good contest, with regards to this race I believe Mclaren will be much closer to ferrari, although the long back straight will be favourable for the ferrari's with their greater engine power. BMW will also have a good home race, with their powerful engine

Super Aguri
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Super Aguri » 16 Jul 2007, 20:21

Yeah. I'm really hoping this time it is more competitive at the front.

devereux
kart driver
kart driver

Post by devereux » 17 Jul 2007, 02:32

iceman1 wrote:Ferrari appears to have the faster straight-line speed; that would put them at a clear advantage at Monza, Spa, and Fuji. The McLaren definitely has superior handling, which gives them the edge at the Nurburgring and Hungary. The other three circuits are a push :@:2
i disagree, mclaren had the higher top speed at monaco, a place where everyone has max downforce. i think if mclaren had better handling they would have been faster than ferrari at silverstone. i think ferrari have better handling that they can afford to take wing off to be faster down the straights for overtaking. wat u think

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 17 Jul 2007, 05:28

devereux wrote:
iceman1 wrote:Ferrari appears to have the faster straight-line speed; that would put them at a clear advantage at Monza, Spa, and Fuji. The McLaren definitely has superior handling, which gives them the edge at the Nurburgring and Hungary. The other three circuits are a push :@:2
i disagree, mclaren had the higher top speed at monaco, a place where everyone has max downforce. i think if mclaren had better handling they would have been faster than ferrari at silverstone. i think ferrari have better handling that they can afford to take wing off to be faster down the straights for overtaking. wat u think
the Ferrari long wheelbase argument comes into play for the twistier circuits. On the other hand, it seems as if the Ferrari's are easier on the tyres. They had quite a blistering pace at Silverstone regardless of whether on hards or softs

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 17 Jul 2007, 07:08

iceman1 wrote:
devereux wrote:
the Ferrari long wheelbase argument comes into play for the twistier circuits. On the other hand, it seems as if the Ferrari's are easier on the tyres. They had quite a blistering pace at Silverstone regardless of whether on hards or softs
IMO.. Since france ferrari is hugely re-develop ..mainly that winglets on cockpit thats gives better downforce plus helps better air flow for engine cooling thru radiators thus helps reduction of radiators size which gives better straight line speed !
i think in silverstone they had better tweaked engine too!
(development in seamless gearbox)

I find ferrari are quick in both Flag:##
Exceptional in Fast Sweeping corner.
Last edited by Zack on 17 Jul 2007, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 17 Jul 2007, 08:50

devereux wrote:
Well, Monaco doesn't contain any straight line, other circuits do contain, and in those tracks, McLaren loses in straight speed. DOT! Case closed! OK, Ferrari has gained again that 0,5 seconds in the race which was in first two or three race's of this season, so I believe, that we will see winning battle in between from Alonso and Räikkönen.

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 17 Jul 2007, 14:19

I agree... ferrari gained but Mclaren are not so far behind.. It seems Hamilton has lost pace.. He lost so much ground in France and British GP.. Alonso was not so behind in British GP.... He was about 10 Sec behind when Kimi started to cruise.. Even though I am huge FERRARI fan i think they still have to work real hard because though Hamilton is though off pace, he can still finish in top 3 or may be top 4 in remaining races and win world championship because Both farreris fighting for Championship.. and they both are far behind not like Michael Schumacher era... Flag:##

Dark_Fisico
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Dark_Fisico » 17 Jul 2007, 14:31

Yeah... If Hamilton keeps finishing in the points, and because both Ferrari drivers are driving against each other Hammy can still win the Championship... Hopefully Massa will have a say in that but it looks like Kimi and maybe even Alonso are gonna start overshadowing their partners at long last...