FORMULA 1- United States Grand Prix 2007

Reports, quotes, stats specifically about the F1 2007 season Grands Prix.
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 14 Jun 2007, 18:06

donald29 wrote:This is my race preview:

http://rapidshare.com/files/37193096/usgp.wmv.html

I've also uploaded it to YouTube.
thanks dude
BMW are coming on very strong. These three cars are in the same class.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 14 Jun 2007, 18:09

Yeah, they were faster than Ferrari in Canada. NOT GOOD! Hopefully Ferrari will soon emerge with the fastest car with BMW 2nd and McLaren 3rd. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 14 Jun 2007, 19:38

FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:
iceman1 wrote:Ferrari are about 4 tenth behind McLaren now, in qualifying and race pace. On the same tyres, it could take a long time to get the advantage back, too long...
Ferrari traction out of slow corners sucks really.
The last hope for Ferrari is the france upgrade, but i think that will be already to late to turn things arround.
There could be one reason for that 4 tenths.
Tyre compounds which are used in this season:
Australia Soft - Medium
Malaysia Medium - Hard
Bahrain Medium - Hard
Spain Medium - Hard
Monaco Super Soft - Soft
Canada Super Soft - Soft
USA Soft - Medium
France Soft - Medium
Britain Medium - Hard
Europe Soft - Medium
Hungary Super Soft - Soft
Turkey Medium - Hard

MP4/21 is one of the cars which are "gentle" to the tires, Ferrari spend tires more than McLaren does. So to me it is obvious that those Super Soft compounds costed Ferrari a lot of points last two race's. Now, Massa won in Spain, coz there was Medium and Hard compounds. Now in USA we have Soft and Medium. So I say that Ferrari's slow speeds would be due to those two tyre compounds which was used in Monaco and Canada. Well, now they are using same two compounds which were used in Australia... Ferrari might be fastest car in Indianapolis, who knows?
hmm this an interesting point, i never thought about that...mclaren cars have always been good to the tyres (remember mp4-20 in 2005) so i guess that's why mclaren's mp4-22 have been very good on the super softs this year...but mclaren were quite good on the harder tyres in spain...but i can't remember if they mclaren were faster than ferrari when they used the hard tyres
mm tofu

julie
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by julie » 14 Jun 2007, 19:51

Ferrari need to come back fighting or there going to find them selves that far behind they won't be able to come back for either the constructors or the drivers championship
ImageImage

F1~Michi
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by F1~Michi » 14 Jun 2007, 20:14

Kubica will not drive in Indy! Vettel will replace him!

Here the link
Robert Kubica will not be allowed to race at the United States Grand Prix following his massive crash in Canada last Sunday.

The Pole will be replaced by BMW Sauber's test driver Sebastian Vettel, who will make his Grand Prix debut this weekend at the age of 19.

Good news for a german F1 fan, I always wanted to see the next german talent in a F1-race. Let's see how fast he is.
F1M's Motorsport Season 2010

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 14 Jun 2007, 20:31

F1~Michi wrote:Kubica will not drive in Indy! Vettel will replace him!

Here the link
Robert Kubica will not be allowed to race at the United States Grand Prix following his massive crash in Canada last Sunday.

The Pole will be replaced by BMW Sauber's test driver Sebastian Vettel, who will make his Grand Prix debut this weekend at the age of 19.

Good news for a german F1 fan, I always wanted to see the next german talent in a F1-race. Let's see how fast he is.
Yeah i like Vettel 2 Last year he was Great in practise sessions

Chubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Chubbs » 14 Jun 2007, 20:36

vettel is gr8, he is always smiling and hes a bit of a geek hehe hes cool...

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Bowsey » 14 Jun 2007, 20:42

alex wrote:
FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:
iceman1 wrote:Ferrari are about 4 tenth behind McLaren now, in qualifying and race pace. On the same tyres, it could take a long time to get the advantage back, too long...
The last hope for Ferrari is the france upgrade, but i think that will be already to late to turn things arround.
Australia Soft - Medium
Malaysia Medium - Hard
Bahrain Medium - Hard
Spain Medium - Hard
Monaco Super Soft - Soft
Canada Super Soft - Soft
USA Soft - Medium
France Soft - Medium
Britain Medium - Hard
Europe Soft - Medium
Turkey Medium - Hard

MP4/21 is one of the cars which are "gentle" to the tires, Ferrari spend tires more than McLaren does. So to me it is obvious that those Super Soft compounds costed Ferrari a lot of points last two race's. Now, Massa won in Spain, coz there was Medium and Hard compounds. Now in USA we have Soft and Medium. So I say that Ferrari's slow speeds would be due to those two tyre compounds which was used in Monaco and Canada. Well, now they are using same two compounds which were used in Australia... Ferrari might be fastest car in Indianapolis, who knows?
hmm this an interesting point, i never thought about that...mclaren cars have always been good to the tyres (remember mp4-20 in 2005) so i guess that's why mclaren's mp4-22 have been very good on the super softs this year...but mclaren were quite good on the harder tyres in spain...but i can't remember if they mclaren were faster than ferrari when they used the hard tyres
It seem's this year Mclaren have got it right. Remember 2005/2006 the Mclaren was too gentle on its tyres so it couldn't get the best out of it for 1 lap (qualifying) so they always struggled in the race because they were far back. This year they seamed to crack it, still being gentle on tyres but fast also.

ntr
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by ntr » 14 Jun 2007, 23:56

struggling in 2005? what are you talking about? :lol:
the MP4 20 was the benchmark car for most of 2005, look at how kimi drove with a 1 stop strategy from the middle of the grid onto the podium several times...but its only flaw was reliability infamously!...beside reliabilty mclaren and kimi would have dominated 2005 :D

but of course mclaren struggled in 2006...only chance of pole was a super light fuel strategy, the drivers were not motivated, the engine was reliable but slow, the car was bad :lol:
mm tofu

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 15 Jun 2007, 05:54

Ferrari will swich back brake systeam after low expectation in Canada GP ,will bring back the same brand that was install on the car at the beginning of the season 8)

[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 15 Jun 2007, 08:03

Bowsey wrote:
alex wrote:
FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:
Australia Soft - Medium
Malaysia Medium - Hard
Bahrain Medium - Hard
Spain Medium - Hard
Monaco Super Soft - Soft
Canada Super Soft - Soft
USA Soft - Medium
France Soft - Medium
Britain Medium - Hard
Europe Soft - Medium
Turkey Medium - Hard

It seem's this year Mclaren have got it right. Remember 2005/2006 the Mclaren was too gentle on its tyres so it couldn't get the best out of it for 1 lap (qualifying) so they always struggled in the race because they were far back. This year they seamed to crack it, still being gentle on tyres but fast also.
Well, we remember what happened last time when McLaren changed to Bridgestones (1998 :lol: ) They were outstanding. And I fear that it is happening again. Well, maybe next year is Kimi's turn to win DWC... :mrgreen:

WDC
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by WDC » 15 Jun 2007, 09:32

FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:
Bowsey wrote:
alex wrote:
FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:
Australia Soft - Medium
Malaysia Medium - Hard
Bahrain Medium - Hard
Spain Medium - Hard
Monaco Super Soft - Soft
Canada Super Soft - Soft
USA Soft - Medium
France Soft - Medium
Britain Medium - Hard
Europe Soft - Medium
Turkey Medium - Hard

Well, we remember what happened last time when McLaren changed to Bridgestones (1998 :lol: ) They were outstanding. And I fear that it is happening again. Well, maybe next year is Kimi's turn to win DWC... :mrgreen:
great point by ferrarifan! havnt looked at it like that, since the top teams will b reletively close, it would almost certainly come down to the tyres used and which car suits them better... somehow i dont thin a 1998 repeatis on the cards!

it will be interesting to see if ferrari will do better at indianapolis having the harder tyer available!
Thankyou Schumi you will always have a place in our hearts!
Michael Schumacher- 7 volte Campione del mondo!
SIMPLY THE BEST

HamiltonF1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HamiltonF1 » 15 Jun 2007, 11:23

FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:
Australia Soft - Medium
Malaysia Medium - Hard
Bahrain Medium - Hard
Spain Medium - Hard
Monaco Super Soft - Soft
Canada Super Soft - Soft
USA Soft - Medium
France Soft - Medium
Britain Medium - Hard
Europe Soft - Medium
Turkey Medium - Hard

But even on hard tyres they couldn't getting closer to the mclaren's.

I think it's going to be a good race, also I think that Spyker will make a suprise and I think that Hamilton is going to win again. I hope that there will be alot of action on the track and not such a boring race as Melbourne and Monaco.

Bowsey
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Bowsey » 15 Jun 2007, 11:29

Look at this,

Code: Select all

BBC

F1 ringmaster Bernie Ecclestone has warned that the USA could lose its Grand Prix.

"It is not vital to Formula One to be in the United States," the 76-year-old told the Daily Express newspaper.

"There are bigger markets for us to be in other parts of the world.

"We don't have a lot of sponsors from the US, no American teams and only one driver."

F1~Michi
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by F1~Michi » 15 Jun 2007, 12:19

donald29 wrote:This is my race preview:

http://rapidshare.com/files/37193096/usgp.wmv.html

I've also uploaded it to YouTube.
What's the song you used for that?
F1M's Motorsport Season 2010