Gran Turismo 6

All the racing game fun from consoles and PCs.
Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Gran Turismo 6

Post by Joey Zyla » 03 Jul 2013, 06:56

So tderias doesn't have to post GT6-related stuff in the F1 2012 thread. :p

All joking aside, I'm looking forward to the game. Perhaps if enough people are interested we could have an F1Zone-exclusive championship with online races. :)

Several cars, including all of the FIA GT3 Series cars, will be added to the game, as well as seven new circuits. Silverstone, Matterhorn, and Willow Springs have been confirmed as new circuits, and rumours suggest Bathurst will also be added.

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Re: Gran Turismo 6

Post by tderias » 03 Jul 2013, 07:31

Haha :p I'm up for a championship if we have enough people.

Played the demo and it feels really good. The physics are an improvement an the already impressive GT5 engine. Visuals and audio are the more or less the same though. Can't wait to drive the GT3 cars!

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 03 Jul 2013, 07:33

tderias wrote:Haha :p I'm up for a championship if we have enough people.

Played the demo and it feels really good. The physics are an improvement an the already impressive GT5 engine. Visuals and audio are the more or less the same though. Can't wait to drive the GT3 cars!
I've seen some videos on YouTube. That Matterhorn circuit looks absolutely fantastic. Like a cross between the Nordschleife and Eiger Nordwand.

Have you raced on that one? Is it as fun as it looks?

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 03 Jul 2013, 08:04

Joey Zyla wrote:
tderias wrote:Haha :p I'm up for a championship if we have enough people.

I've seen some videos on YouTube. That Matterhorn circuit looks absolutely fantastic. Like a cross between the Nordschleife and Eiger Nordwand.

Have you raced on that one? Is it as fun as it looks?
Its not in the demo, sadly. But I've seen the videos as well, and yes its quite similar to Eiger Nordwand. My only beef with it is that such flat, perfect roads look out of place amidst all the mountains and hills. They should've added more bumps and generally made the circuit a bit more rough on its surface.

But Silverstone, which is the only proper track in the demo, is really, really sweet. The feeling you get when you ace some corners is really rewarding. Hooking up the car through Maggots, Becketts, Chapel, or throwing it around Stowe feels sensational. Really looking forward to the full game...

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 05 Jul 2013, 01:53

Nice! I find circuit choice is the weakest part of GT5..... oh and that horrible menu music :s

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 30 Jul 2013, 04:03

The Goodwood hill climb will feature in the game.

Anyone else interested in a championship? So far there's me and tderias, I think eight people should be enough to start a championship. We could, alternatively, make it an inter-forum championship to have a larger grid.

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 30 Jul 2013, 05:25

I just downloaded the demo. Mother of God, what a game. Can't wait for the full version.

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 30 Jul 2013, 08:09

F1EA wrote:Nice! I find circuit choice is the weakest part of GT5..... oh and that horrible menu music :s
So you like to have 300 Nissan skylines in the game??
Well its a japanese game, what can you do, i rather have what you wrote above than 300 nissan skylines in the game

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 31 Jul 2013, 11:42

I play GT5 every day. And every day it makes me angry playing it. Its so bloody soulless. I find myself plonking my race drivers on B-spec in that Vettel/RBR dream car into a le mans 24 hour race, reap all the money and just buy my favourite cars to do up. Except, I cant really modify the cars, because most of them are just PS2 ports with a HD reskin with zero options bar the same 3 c**p spoilers which look ridiculous.

The racing is stagnant; its boring, soulless. The other cars dont have a personality. They touch you and you spin, you touch them and you spin; theyre like boats. the handling is poor and so is the physics. 'Real driving simulator'? well I can tell you my RX8, my old VTS C4, 2000 Megane Coupe and the Ferrari 360 modena I drove at silverstone handle bugger all like what they are on the game.

My major gripes are having to win Paint tokens; absolutly infuriating. Having umpteen versions of the exact same car with no difference; Theres 4 RX8's for example; High power/231. Low power/192, Evolve concept and the 2nd concept. Now, the High/low power have identical interiors bar one reving to 10k and the other to 9k. What happens? The 9k doesnt get an interior even though its identical bar one god damn number.

Then theres 13 different MX5 mark 1's. All the same. put every upgrade on and its exactly the same bhp/pp. Why? Its ridiculous. Theres so much s*** PS2 converted cars its unreal. 90% of the cars dont have interior views which is ridiculous, customisation is appalling, tracks are largely appalling, AI is terrible braking mid corner. Its such a dull game. Ive bought loads of cars thinking 'there has to be a body kit for the car its a classic tuner special' only to go and change my oil to magically gain 15bhp (Real driving simulator ftw!) wash my car (which never gets dirty, just a white dust line at the bottom of the car which you cant notice on track) and put the same god damn GT5 horrible wings on the back.

GT6 needs to scrap 1000 replicas of the same models model with a different editions names of the model because its identical to another models model, it needs to add a hell of a lot more customisation to cars, it needs to actually put some real engine sounds because jesus christ they are abysmal; non of the Rotary engines sound like they do on the game, none of the piston engines do either.

Oh notice how that RBR/Vettel car on start up in the menu is given the F1 engine noise? Then in game it sounds like a 90's arcade car? Its just shocking. Its such a poor game with poor customisation and actually very few races. And for the love of god I hope they make the 'real driving simulator' not give cars 120bhp through putting a turbo on, remapping a further 200bhp, doing the suspension etc but keeping us ON STANDARD DAMN BRAKE DISCS. What a complete joke. GT6 needs to do what Forza does; car customisation, community designs, large custom paint selection AND effects, get rid of all the same car different variant with no differences.

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 31 Jul 2013, 17:32

alex1369 wrote:
F1EA wrote:Nice! I find circuit choice is the weakest part of GT5..... oh and that horrible menu music :s
So you like to have 300 Nissan skylines in the game??
Well its a japanese game, what can you do, i rather have what you wrote above than 300 nissan skylines in the game
If the customization, circuits and races were more fun; i wouldnt mind fewer cars. In fact... i find no reason for so many nonsense cars that you feel you "have" to play just because you need to make $ to make the cars you do like better... then you get only a couple of really interesting hard racing. For the most part, it's all these pointless spec series which don't even exist because they would be a boring in real life too.

I dont like GT5 much, and i wouldnt buy a new game unless it's A LOT better. Maybe i could jump straight into the hardcore racing series and spend hrs on the game because its fun rather than because you need the $ to get the car you want to be able to play the fun races... in the end, i end up playing F1 instead.

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 31 Jul 2013, 19:44

mikhailv wrote:I play GT5 every day. And every day it makes me angry playing it. Its so bloody soulless. I find myself plonking my race drivers on B-spec in that Vettel/RBR dream car into a le mans 24 hour race, reap all the money and just buy my favourite cars to do up. Except, I cant really modify the cars, because most of them are just PS2 ports with a HD reskin with zero options bar the same 3 c**p spoilers which look ridiculous.

The racing is stagnant; its boring, soulless. The other cars dont have a personality. They touch you and you spin, you touch them and you spin; theyre like boats. the handling is poor and so is the physics. 'Real driving simulator'? well I can tell you my RX8, my old VTS C4, 2000 Megane Coupe and the Ferrari 360 modena I drove at silverstone handle bugger all like what they are on the game.

My major gripes are having to win Paint tokens; absolutly infuriating. Having umpteen versions of the exact same car with no difference; Theres 4 RX8's for example; High power/231. Low power/192, Evolve concept and the 2nd concept. Now, the High/low power have identical interiors bar one reving to 10k and the other to 9k. What happens? The 9k doesnt get an interior even though its identical bar one god damn number.

Then theres 13 different MX5 mark 1's. All the same. put every upgrade on and its exactly the same bhp/pp. Why? Its ridiculous. Theres so much s*** PS2 converted cars its unreal. 90% of the cars dont have interior views which is ridiculous, customisation is appalling, tracks are largely appalling, AI is terrible braking mid corner. Its such a dull game. Ive bought loads of cars thinking 'there has to be a body kit for the car its a classic tuner special' only to go and change my oil to magically gain 15bhp (Real driving simulator ftw!) wash my car (which never gets dirty, just a white dust line at the bottom of the car which you cant notice on track) and put the same god damn GT5 horrible wings on the back.

GT6 needs to scrap 1000 replicas of the same models model with a different editions names of the model because its identical to another models model, it needs to add a hell of a lot more customisation to cars, it needs to actually put some real engine sounds because jesus christ they are abysmal; non of the Rotary engines sound like they do on the game, none of the piston engines do either.

Oh notice how that RBR/Vettel car on start up in the menu is given the F1 engine noise? Then in game it sounds like a 90's arcade car? Its just shocking. Its such a poor game with poor customisation and actually very few races. And for the love of god I hope they make the 'real driving simulator' not give cars 120bhp through putting a turbo on, remapping a further 200bhp, doing the suspension etc but keeping us ON STANDARD DAMN BRAKE DISCS. What a complete joke. GT6 needs to do what Forza does; car customisation, community designs, large custom paint selection AND effects, get rid of all the same car different variant with no differences.
I recommend you don't get GT6 then, because it's even better than GT5.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 01 Aug 2013, 01:49

Cant say its better when its not out. GT3 was best. 5 is such a dismal let down. Mind you my driving fixes come from Wangan Midnight, Initial D and F1CE

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 01 Aug 2013, 02:18

Well, the demo is better than GT5 (in terms of gameplay). And I think it's safe to assume that the gameplay won't change too dramatically from the demo to the full game.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 01 Aug 2013, 10:54

If its got much more customisation, less of the same tracks, better AI, better racing structure, full interiors for all cars, real engine sounds and an actual challenge id buy it in a heartbeat

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 01 Aug 2013, 21:18

mikhailv wrote:If it's got much more customisation,
I'm not sure about that one.
mikhailv wrote:less of the same tracks,

Seven new circuits will feature in the game, confirmed so far are Silverstone, Goodwood (Hill Climb), Willow Springs, and Matterhorn (fictional), and rumours indicate Bathurst will most likely be added as well.
mikhailv wrote:better AI,

:lol: The AI were fantastic in GT5, I honestly can't figure out what you're complaining about.
mikhailv wrote:better racing structure,
Not exactly sure what you mean, but I have a feeling we won't find out until the full game is released.
mikhailv wrote:full interiors for all cars,
Unfortunately no.
mikhailv wrote:real engine sounds,

Like in GT5, yes.
mikhailv wrote:and an actual challenge I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Like in GT5, yes.

There we go.