It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 14:38

All times are UTC

Post subject: Greetings from Indy
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2013, 23:13  
car driver

Greetings from Indianapolis. Even though we have the oldest auto race in the world, it's very hard to find other folks around here who like open wheel racing. Everyone just seems to be interested in NASCAR (which I am not interested in).

I have been a fan of Mario ever since he won the 1969 Indy 500. I followed him throughout his career, then followed his son Michael and now Marco.

My favorite F1 team is Lotus as Mario won his world championship in 78 with them.

Apart from Andretti Racing in Indycar and Lotus, I'd have to say Lewis Hamilton is my favorite non-Lotus affiliated driver. I enjoyed watching Mansell when he drove and the Senna/Prost feud was fun as well.

I love F1 and Indycar, and I also watch the different sports car series and MotoGP from time to time.

I have attended a couple of Indy 500s, and the inaugural US Grand Prix held at the Speedway. I look forward to conversing with other open wheel afficionados, a refreshing change from around these parts!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati 
 Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Greetings from Indy
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2013, 23:57  
F1 Driver

Welcome! :wave:
 Offline Profile