Hi!

New to F1Zone.net? Why don't you introduce yourself to the community here
ourafilmes
kart driver
kart driver

Hi!

Post by ourafilmes » 01 Jul 2012, 15:45

Hi.
My name is Miguel, I´m 36 and I´m from Portugal.
I´ve been a F1 fan since very tender age. My first memories of F1 are 2: being aged 6 and running on a beach with my 6 year old friends pretending we were F1 racers (funny, I was always Nelson Piquet LOL) and, the other, watching the 80´s races on TV on Sundays!

I was a big fan of Ayrton Senna (still am, will always be) until I saw the 94 Imola race live... After that, I was so shocked and in disbelief, that I didn´t care for F1 anymore or, at least, never saw a race until very recently... I switched 100% to the WRC and got the pleasure to watch live another heroe of mine, Colin McRae, several times here in Portugal throughout his carrer!

Nowadays, despite it is very different from the "good old days with man great b*** and dangerous machine VS man great b*** and dangerous machine", it is more close racing with many world champions on track and more evenly matched cars. It´s approaching F1 of the 80´s and that´s good. I lack the "dangerous machines" though... Even on TV, despite of having more camera angles, on board cameras live on many cars (or in all?), something is missing out there... New techniques like DRS are OK to combat the lack of overtaking but, on other way, I would prefer to see risky moves from the drivers instead! But, ok, times change and we have to move on...

I have been registered here for a year but I didn´t participate a lot... In reality, I just came here only a few times to download a race I missed or to see what´s going on but without adding much... As I don´t do it on any other forum I visit, that´s about to change! Here I am!

To finish this presentation, here´s my cars:

I have this one since new (1993), it still is as new, it is my daily runner and I don´t plan to sell it! It is a Rover 216 Coupé (Honda engined) and it still looks very hot! Even being 19 years!!! :O

So I got another one (a real clone LOL) to have parts if I haver need them! It is also a good runner but I am restoring the interior as it was not up to my standards... I may sell this one as it is very difficult for me to keep 3 cars! All kept in a garage!

both reds

and yes, last year I bought a white one! An old dream! Rover 220 Turbo Coupé in white! What a beautiful missile...LOL! Always wanted one! Took 18 years but I got it now and I´m working hard to collect parts to a full restoration! That´s my actual mission!

Flag:##

Cheers from sunny Portugal!
:cool:

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: Hi!

Post by iceman1 » 02 Jul 2012, 06:30

Hello Miguel. Why ourafilmes? What does it mean?

I am happy because you are active with us. It's good to see old members interacting and being active on the board.

Who's your favourite driver now?

Do you have a free car for me? :p

ourafilmes
kart driver
kart driver

Post by ourafilmes » 02 Jul 2012, 11:20

Hi Iceman!
Ourafilmes is a video and audio production company I started in 1997. It means something like "dizzy films" and I simply use it in every forum I use as a nickname to make it simple. And you always know it´s me! LOL!
Yes, I´m active now! Cheers!

My favourite driver... Hummm... to be honest, I´m slightly biased to Hamilton but I enjoy competition above anything else these days. All I want is good close racing. WRC is being dull at the moment exactly due to lack of competition... Loeb always wins... not fun... F1, on the other side, is living a renaissance with good fights at every race and total uncertainty on the results!

Indeed, I have 3 cars and I can only drive 1 at the time... But... Man, you live in the North Pole... How can I deliver a free car there? LOL!

Cheers!!!

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 03 Jul 2012, 19:49

That's nice to hear. So is it a well known company in Portugal?

Oh! So how about you send me 2 cars? I'll send Santa claus soon :p

ourafilmes
kart driver
kart driver

Post by ourafilmes » 03 Jul 2012, 21:04

It´s not a big company and it went from mainly video to mainly audio...
Among other things, I made the first virtual instruments in Portugal (in VST format) but it´s nothing special, really...
You can check it in http://www.ourafilmes.com

Hummm... I am having bad relations with Santa for some years now...
For quite a while now, I give more presents than I receive and I´m not enjoying it and neither is my wallet... LOL!

Cheers!

sportingcp
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by sportingcp » 20 Jul 2012, 15:43

Welcome!

Sê bem vindo ao fórum caro Miguel mais um Português por aqui :cool: