Sziasztok

New to F1Zone.net? Why don't you introduce yourself to the community here
Post Reply
User avatar
Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 442
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 17:33
Location: Budapest

Sziasztok

Post by Treacle » 11 Jan 2012, 19:48

Hi everyone,

I'm Csilla, a 21-year old girl from Hungary. (It's awesome that everyone here has already heard of the country and won't assume that it's part of Australia or China...)
Anyways, I watch F1 regularly since 2006 thanks to my uncle, but I recall cheering on Ralf Schumacher and Juan Pablo Montoya when they both drove for Williams. Also the US Grand Prix in 2004 was a memorable GP, because Baumgartner Zsolt scored his first and last point. :)
I might get overly defensive when it comes to Vettel, Petrov and Alguersuari, but I usually admit to their mistakes.

Well, I guess that's it... :)
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

User avatar
Adam
Kart Champion
Kart Champion
Posts: 121
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 02:20
Location: Madrid A.C.

Re: Sziasztok

Post by Adam » 11 Jan 2012, 20:14

Welcome!

I have not been much here but you'll see people here is nice, they defend and support their drivers with passion but being friendly, so don't worry about being overly defensive. :)

And nice to see someone who supports Jaime... And a girl from Hungary! :P

User avatar
tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager
Posts: 1696
Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 14:59

Re: Sziasztok

Post by tderias » 12 Jan 2012, 08:03

Welcome to the forum! oh and sorry to break it for you but Fernando Alonso is way better than vettel, petrov, or jaime :P

User avatar
Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 442
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 17:33
Location: Budapest

Re: Sziasztok

Post by Treacle » 12 Jan 2012, 11:15

Thanks for the warm welcome! ^.^

>tderias: Well, I had great issues about Alonso (not about his driving, because I admit that he is one of the bests on the grid, rather about his personality), but I'm starting to come around and respect him as a person as well. He grew a lot in my eyes towards the end of the season.
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

User avatar
iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend
Posts: 23702
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 15:50
Location: North Pole
Contact:

Re: Sziasztok

Post by iceman1 » 12 Jan 2012, 13:26

Treacle wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm Csilla, a 21-year old girl from Hungary. (It's awesome that everyone here has already heard of the country and won't assume that it's part of Australia or China...)
Anyways, I watch F1 regularly since 2006 thanks to my uncle, but I recall cheering on Ralf Schumacher and Juan Pablo Montoya when they both drove for Williams. Also the US Grand Prix in 2004 was a memorable GP, because Baumgartner Zsolt scored his first and last point. :)
I might get overly defensive when it comes to Vettel, Petrov and Alguersuari, but I usually admit to their mistakes.

Well, I guess that's it... :)

Hello Csilla (nice name) welcome to F1Zone, I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

I don't think everyone knows what is "Hungary" :p

User avatar
sdutt
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier
Posts: 5234
Joined: 25 Aug 2009, 19:15
Location: India
Contact:

Re: Sziasztok

Post by sdutt » 13 Jan 2012, 16:23

Hello and welcome Treacle :D
i also happen to know that Hungary was named after the Huns living around many centuries back
Image
Image

User avatar
Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 442
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 17:33
Location: Budapest

Re: Sziasztok

Post by Treacle » 18 Jan 2012, 16:52

Thanks guys! :)
>iceman1: Well, I know. I spent some time in the US, and no one ever knew where Hungary is, gosh they haven't even heard about it. But you guys at least know it because of the Hungaroring. :)
>sdutt: Nice knowledge. :)
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

User avatar
Adam
Kart Champion
Kart Champion
Posts: 121
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 02:20
Location: Madrid A.C.

Re: Sziasztok

Post by Adam » 19 Jan 2012, 00:24

Well, Spain is quite famous, actually it played a role in the US independence and still many Americans don't even know where it is either :D

User avatar
reppo
F1 Driver
F1 Driver
Posts: 1207
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 17:06
Location: Forochel

Re: Sziasztok

Post by reppo » 20 Jan 2012, 15:23

As Adam says this forum is paradise. Welcome :hatoff:

User avatar
f1aroo
car driver
car driver
Posts: 4
Joined: 29 Dec 2011, 04:03
Location: Tampa Bay

Re: Sziasztok

Post by f1aroo » 20 Jan 2012, 17:35

Not only are most Americans more or less ignorant of geography......if you want to have some fun, ask them to convert money. The only thing most have ever heard of is "dollars". I'm serious.
BTW, Csilla. I accidently got invited to attend the first Hungarian F1 GP in the 80's. There was a bad smell of something rotten during the whole day. Yuk A fan a few rows behind us died of the heat. I remember a Williams won.

User avatar
frubbs
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 232
Joined: 08 Nov 2011, 16:37
Contact:

Re: Sziasztok

Post by frubbs » 20 Jan 2012, 18:21

f1aroo wrote: A fan a few rows behind us died of the heat. I remember a Williams won.


Nowadays, such things dont happen in F1 anymore! (both of them! :lol: )
Image 322 gps | 14 pp | 11 1st

User avatar
Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver
Posts: 442
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 17:33
Location: Budapest

Re: Sziasztok

Post by Treacle » 02 Feb 2012, 18:22

Sorry, I just got back from skiing. :)

f1aroo wrote:BTW, Csilla. I accidently got invited to attend the first Hungarian F1 GP in the 80's. There was a bad smell of something rotten during the whole day. Yuk A fan a few rows behind us died of the heat. I remember a Williams won.

Oh gosh, are you serious? That's gross...

>reppo: Thanks for the warm welcome! :)
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

Post Reply