It is currently 24 May 2017, 06:03

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hello from Chicago
PostPosted: 10 May 2009, 17:55  
F1 Rookie

Ua... Hi,

Been on quite a fiew different F1 boards over the years and keep getting banned for saying something stupid. Hoping to keep my mouth taped shut when I need to.

So far my list is Darmeth.co.uk - I said that Hamilton was a wanker for the way he was slamming the door shut last season. They posted all of my e-mail addresses on their home page with an invitation to sign me up for spam... Pretty funny for a while. They do some good rips of the BBC feed but can't take any anti-Hamilton speak. Login deleted, IP ban, and now the site is invite only.

FoxSports.com - Banned for complaining that for all of the F1 events covered by Fox wer complete hack jobs. No prerace, no post race or winners interviews and on both sides of all three of them were infomercials... I went a little balistic on their forum because I sure as hell wasn't going to buy into the "multi-level-marketing scandal" about buying cheap realestate that began as soon as the checkerd flew. I wanted to see some sort of a Canadian GP recap interviews and leaderboard but nope they went rigth to an infomercial after the Canadian GP. Compllaining about it got me banned from Fox Sports entire site; forums, news and all. My first and only post was enough for FoxSports.com to IP ban me aparently.

SpeedTV.com - Had my account "actioned" more times than I can count because I keep toeing the lines on what the jesus freak moderator thinks might be offensive to someone... Someone says somethign stupid I call them out on it. Not telling them they are wrong is just as stupid as thinking your right. Someone tries to defend a technical issue and is wrong I don't pull punches and I have been known to get a little out of hand when I'm comming back from the bar... I've made friends with the moderators and learned to keep my mouth in check but I still let people know the way things work... Lots of stupid NASCAR fans doing a lot of F1 hating on there... Also quite a lot of anti-hamilton people and racists... I don't like hamilton but it is purely because of the way he handled Alonso when they were teammates... Not because of anything else...

Hopefully I will manage to make some friends in here because since I moved after college I don't really have much of a F1 support system... I NEED SOME F1 FRIENDS!!!

O' yea... I've been watching since the 2002 pileup at Melbourne... Lots of Nascar freaks were watching it at the bar and laughing about the wreck... I saw the millions of dollars of carbon flying all over the place and almost cried... It was the largest destruction of engineering and craftsman art I had ever seen and after that I only wanted to see them go fast... I'm now an automotive engineer and have followed F1 like it was attached to my crotch since 2001. I'm a fan of Ross Brawn, Rubbens and Massa because of my initiation to the dream team in 2002 and am now a BGP fan because I am following them... Team wise I love Ferrari and am hoping that the Super Best Friends find a way back to the grid. I love Ferrari for their performance, this year aside...., Brawn for his leadership, Massa and Rubens for their ability to play second fiddel and still win. To me F1 is all about the constructor's championship because as a design engineer that is where I see the competition. I could talk for hours about suspension setups and technological advancements and often spend hours a day on F1 forums.

Hope to have some fun here as well.

Last edited by impatientinventor on 11 May 2009, 01:55, edited 3 times in total.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati 
 Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hello from Chicago
PostPosted: 10 May 2009, 18:01  
F1 Driver

Welcome to our board. Your track record is a bit tough huh? (:

It's nice to be frank and not an issue unless you'll be in offensive side.

I hope you'll appreciate our forum and efforts, just as we'll do yours. Welcome again :thumbsup:

PostPosted: 10 May 2009, 18:15  
F1 Rookie

I've calmed down quite a bit this year as my new years resolution was to follow Ruth Bater Ginsberg's advice and "learn how to agreeably disagree". Might even be better than my previous year's one... "If I can't change it... I don't worry about it"
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 10 May 2009, 18:29  
F1 Routinier

Welcome again,
Massa fan here as well..
So hope that he can get in to winning ways
Anyways welcome to the forum...
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 May 2009, 01:57  
F1 Rookie

If Ferrari can learn to get a reasonable lap on both tires and figure out how to use a fuel calculator then I think Massa has a dam good chance of pulling the season out. He is the only KERS driver that seemd to have any pace this weekend.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 May 2009, 13:31  
kart driver

Welcome To The Gang and im sure youll get on great here :)
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 11 May 2009, 13:45  
kart driver

Welcome here.
Good to know that there is at least one other soul from Chicago besides me.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 May 2009, 21:38  
F1 Driver

I'm sure you'll be fine. Your posts so far are nothing short of exemplary. You made me laugh with your various stories, I must say.. :p

A very late @welcome@ and nice avatar, matey.