what's with the mods playing with the threads???!!

Tell us your comments about F1zone.net and the suggestions to improve it.
MrPonx
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

what's with the mods playing with the threads???!!

Post by MrPonx » 23 Oct 2008, 12:26

I appreciate you guys trying to make the forum cleaner, but merging threads like this is just confusing...!!

I mean I have created two threads, one is now under the name of "Ali" for some reason and its so unreadable with the new replies order, and the other was disgustingly butchered by one of the mods who changed the subject AND the content (the thread is Media War)

If this forum wants to be rated highly, the mods should first respect the members by not touching their posts unless they break the rules.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: what's with the mods playing with the threads???!!

Post by Fergie1 » 23 Oct 2008, 15:19

Oh dear. This never, ever goes down well on a forum.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 23 Oct 2008, 16:10

We do respect our members and want them to create discussion. But it is a lot more convenient for users to post when the same topic is discussed in one thread instead of in separate ones which will only cause confusion and many good posts could go unnoticed.

The rules thread was merged with the standard engine one as they were pretty much centered on the same subject. As for the Media War thread, the 2nd post there already explains why the topic was changed.

I hope you understand and enjoy your time here! :thumbsup:

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 23 Oct 2008, 16:38

Can I just suggest instead of removing original content, a mod adds below what the topic should be about.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 24 Oct 2008, 18:37

Fergie1 wrote:Can I just suggest instead of removing original content, a mod adds below what the topic should be about.
Thanks for your suggestion , If the user doesn't follow our forum rules then we're forced to remove the content of his topic(s).

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 25 Oct 2008, 13:05

MrPonx wrote:I appreciate you guys trying to make the forum cleaner, but merging threads like this is just confusing...!!

I mean I have created two threads, one is now under the name of "Ali" for some reason and its so unreadable with the new replies order, and the other was disgustingly butchered by one of the mods who changed the subject AND the content (the thread is Media War)

If this forum wants to be rated highly, the mods should first respect the members by not touching their posts unless they break the rules.
Simple really. Don't post unnecessary threads. I.e. one for every little tiny bit of news/quote you read. Media war is a far more general title, that will survive for much longer than "Kimi owns Lewis" or whatever you wrote, which also counted as flamebait. Mayeb I should have PM'd you. Apart from that, no problem.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

MrPonx
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by MrPonx » 25 Oct 2008, 18:52

I appreciate you guys taking the time to reply to this thread..

Each forum has its rules and this has to be respected, and I was never against cleaning the forums, locking unnecessary threads... etc

If the original post doesn't violates the rules then it should remain intact, or locked in the worse case scenario, but not messing up the body of the post itself.

for example my Kimi thread was a joke, and I was actually making fun of Kimi and how he finally spoke up and started calling ppl names and stuff.. if you think it was a flame-bait then it should've been locked and I should've been warned..

anyway, I'm not here to create any trouble.. just wanted a place to have fun talking about F1

Keep up the good work.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 15 Nov 2008, 17:40

I posted in phil1993's gp2 request thread telling him where to get some from and it was deleted with no warning or note to say why.
could a mod/admin please tell me why?

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 15 Nov 2008, 21:02

ok, fergie, calm down :p

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 15 Nov 2008, 21:03

I am calm, I just like answers. :D