It is currently 23 Aug 2017, 13:52

All times are UTC

Post subject: what's with the mods playing with the threads???!!
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 12:26  
GP2 Driver

I appreciate you guys trying to make the forum cleaner, but merging threads like this is just confusing...!!

I mean I have created two threads, one is now under the name of "Ali" for some reason and its so unreadable with the new replies order, and the other was disgustingly butchered by one of the mods who changed the subject AND the content (the thread is Media War)

If this forum wants to be rated highly, the mods should first respect the members by not touching their posts unless they break the rules.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati 
 Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: what's with the mods playing with the threads???!!
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 15:19  
F1 Driver

Oh dear. This never, ever goes down well on a forum.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 16:10  

We do respect our members and want them to create discussion. But it is a lot more convenient for users to post when the same topic is discussed in one thread instead of in separate ones which will only cause confusion and many good posts could go unnoticed.

The rules thread was merged with the standard engine one as they were pretty much centered on the same subject. As for the Media War thread, the 2nd post there already explains why the topic was changed.

I hope you understand and enjoy your time here! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2008, 16:38  
F1 Driver

Can I just suggest instead of removing original content, a mod adds below what the topic should be about.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2008, 18:37  
F1 Legend

Fergie1 wrote:
Can I just suggest instead of removing original content, a mod adds below what the topic should be about.

Thanks for your suggestion , If the user doesn't follow our forum rules then we're forced to remove the content of his topic(s).
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2008, 13:05  
F1 Driver

MrPonx wrote:
I appreciate you guys trying to make the forum cleaner, but merging threads like this is just confusing...!!

I mean I have created two threads, one is now under the name of "Ali" for some reason and its so unreadable with the new replies order, and the other was disgustingly butchered by one of the mods who changed the subject AND the content (the thread is Media War)

If this forum wants to be rated highly, the mods should first respect the members by not touching their posts unless they break the rules.

Simple really. Don't post unnecessary threads. I.e. one for every little tiny bit of news/quote you read. Media war is a far more general title, that will survive for much longer than "Kimi owns Lewis" or whatever you wrote, which also counted as flamebait. Mayeb I should have PM'd you. Apart from that, no problem.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2008, 18:52  
GP2 Driver

I appreciate you guys taking the time to reply to this thread..

Each forum has its rules and this has to be respected, and I was never against cleaning the forums, locking unnecessary threads... etc

If the original post doesn't violates the rules then it should remain intact, or locked in the worse case scenario, but not messing up the body of the post itself.

for example my Kimi thread was a joke, and I was actually making fun of Kimi and how he finally spoke up and started calling ppl names and stuff.. if you think it was a flame-bait then it should've been locked and I should've been warned..

anyway, I'm not here to create any trouble.. just wanted a place to have fun talking about F1

Keep up the good work.
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2008, 17:40  
F1 Driver

I posted in phil1993's gp2 request thread telling him where to get some from and it was deleted with no warning or note to say why.
could a mod/admin please tell me why?
 Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2008, 21:02  

ok, fergie, calm down :p

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2008, 21:03  
F1 Driver

I am calm, I just like answers. :D
 Offline Profile