FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS SANTANDER VON DEUTSCHLAND 2014

Season 2015 - Reports, photos, quotes, stats, interviews, gossips, and hot discussion.
tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Re: FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS SANTANDER VON DEUTSCHLAND 2014

Post by tderias » 22 Jul 2014, 18:12

kals wrote:
tderias wrote:
kals wrote:Why should Lewis be more careful? It's good to hear drivers speak honestly in a time when there are too many media trained puppies. It's even better when a driver says something utterly dumb as it shows they are human.
I wasn't speaking from a fan's perspective but of Lewis's. Sure its all fun and games for the spectators to see this controversy, but you don't have to say dumb things in order to be 'honest' with your fans. Does he really believe that the SC wasn't deployed because of a German leading the German GP and that would have put Nico's lead at risk? Judging by his backtracking, I don't think he does.

Moral of the story; he needs to be careful of what he says. What is heard cannot be unheard. Not that I'm in a position to lecture him lol, but Lewis creating controversy for himself by making unnecessary comments has become a broken record since his reference to Ali G 3 years ago...
You're still not answering why he needs to be careful. The Ali G thing is a bad example as it was blown out of proportion by the tabloid media who took the comment out of context... remember? And anyway, I don't see any controversy that's come out from that interview on Sunday. Not one media outlet has picked up on the comments you've noted. Or am I missing something?

But in attempting to answer my own question... Perhaps you think he'd get the sack from Mercedes? Perhaps you think he'd get less support from his team as his comments may alienate himself? Perhaps you think he'd get reprimanded or punished by the governing body for showing dissent and bringing the sport into disrepute? Or perhaps something else?

Either way, it's the driving that is important and it wouldn't be the first time a driver has spoken out against his team or the race officials or another driver or the governing body or something / someone else. And I hope it won't be the last. Lets not over think things unnecessarily.
https://www.facebook.com/skysportsf1/po ... 4177364881
http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/09136

There were 1 or 2 more I think but I cba digging up the archives.

He needs to be careful because he's making himself sound like a crybaby every time things don't go his way. He takes things too personally for me; the sulky interviews, the accusations, all of it.

There are no consequences that could be put on paper. The only consequence is that his fans start to see him differently, negatively, which wouldn't do him any good.

I'm not against speaking out, but its gotta be justified. When Senna spoke out after Suzuka 1989, it was justified. Can't recall other times where it was justified, but I'm pretty sure its happened again since then.

What is even worse than speaking out unjustifiably is to speak out then backtrack 1 minute later.

kals
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by kals » 22 Jul 2014, 19:54

You're over thinking things. He's just calling it out as he sees it. Alonso has done it too. It's refreshing to get honesty. It doesn't need to be justified.

KevC

Post by KevC » 22 Jul 2014, 20:22

Hamilton's problem though is that he doesn't just call it out as he sees it. He uses these odd phrases to suggest things without actually explaining what he means. It was the same with the Monaco qually incident.

kals
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by kals » 22 Jul 2014, 21:43

Again, you're over thinking these things. Who cares about odd phrases, that's just what he does. It is part of his personality. It is just you've decided (and I understand why) that you don't necessarily like it.

Other drivers have done the same over the years. Good on them.

KevC

Post by KevC » 23 Jul 2014, 09:59

There's nothing to over think.
If he makes a statement about something and a reporter picks him up on it he should say what he really means.