Paul Di Resta
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 15

phil1993

Re: 2013 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 14 Oct 2013, 19:36

Horner is so terrible at his job that he's guided the team to three, almost four, successive double titles.

There's been slip-ups, but they've been few and far between.

If people actually care to delve into the race strategies and analyse the situation, they'd realise why certain strategies were applied:
http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... vs-vettel/#!

Besides, if there ever is a favourable strategy, of course you'll give it to Vettel - there's undeserved animosity towards him from a lot of people. Back in 2003, would you give the favourable Ferrari strategy to Schumacher or Barrichello? Exactly.

mileso
Donator
Donator

Post by mileso » 15 Oct 2013, 01:43

phil1993 wrote:Horner is so terrible at his job that he's guided the team to three, almost four, successive double titles.

If people actually care to delve into the race strategies and analyse the situation, they'd realise why certain strategies were applied:

Besides, if there ever is a favourable strategy, of course you'll give it to Vettel - there's undeserved animosity towards him from a lot of people. Back in 2003, would you give the favourable Ferrari strategy to Schumacher or Barrichello? Exactly.
Great post Phil. That article summed up the race very well. We must also remember that Webber and Vettel put themselves in that pickle due to their very poor starts and Grosjean's perfect launch down the right side.
The thing that is starting to bug me is all the people using the word "deserve". Hamilton's remark about him and his team deserving a win at the German Grand Prix was a choice example. While in his mind and probably others as well, he sincerely believes this, he and his team did not and have not performed well enough to actually accomplish the win.
As to the animosity towards Vettel, it's not as though Vettel is an ungracious winner. He certainly lauds his team for their efforts and does not claim all the glory for himself. I think it is because he does not let any of his personality show through to the fans. It is tough when all the "fan boy" types have to latch on to is "the finger". Personally I don't care what brand of yoghurt he eats or what his girlfriend is wearing. I admire that he tries to get as deeply into the machine he is driving as possible. He wants to win every race, lead the most laps and set the fastest lap time every outing. Go Seb!

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 15 Oct 2013, 02:55

phil1993 wrote:Horner is so terrible at his job that he's guided the team to three, almost four, successive double titles.

:thumbsup:

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 15 Oct 2013, 08:19

I agree with team orders. But theres 2 things;

1) be honest. Instead of the cherade RBR come with, the blatant lies, purpose changing, the denial, vettels crying radio message; Just say it how it is. Dont lie, dont make out you didnt sacrifice Webber. Just be honest that it was a gifted win aka Germany 08 and 2010.

2) Schuey was slated over Austria 02. He won the championship in effect. So why not let Rubens win? Same principle. So why is it different now?

Similar with Kimi and Rogro. There out of the wdc. Why use team orders? Just come home; but rogro rightfully moved when asked. Massa disobeyed team orders. I dont agree with that. But then theres the question of whether the order shouldve been given. Yes; such a 1% chance of Alonso winning and 4 dnfs for Vettel. No; championships over. The latter is common sense.

problem is, Massa ignoring the order has damaged him even moreso than if he followed it

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 15 Oct 2013, 08:23

Vettel's radio message was actually against Perez - who he was lapping - rather than Webber. That bit got confused during the race broadcast.

Soren
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soren » 15 Oct 2013, 08:44

Here is my take on the race in Japan. I know not all will agree with me on Grosjeans race. But it really has been hyped beyond reason. For instance, Edd Straw gave Grosjean a 10 for effectively losing 2 places and finishing 3rd. Kimi didn't even get that in the Australia ratings when he came from 7th and won. Now that's funny :O

Grosjean had a good start that looked better than it was because the Red Bulls bogged down and Hamilton had a puncture. With Webber chasing him instead of Vettel, Grosjean had a golden opportunity. But he dropped the ball in the first stint. He had a good race. But he could have won it.
Link: http://f1bias.com/2013/10/14/japanese-g ... -grosjean/
Join our feisty Kimi Raikkonen group on Facebook
Click and join :D
Click here to follow us on Twitter as well

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 15 Oct 2013, 13:57

Soren wrote:Here is my take on the race in Japan. I know not all will agree with me on Grosjeans race. But it really has been hyped beyond reason. For instance, Edd Straw gave Grosjean a 10 for effectively losing 2 places and finishing 3rd. Kimi didn't even get that in the Australia ratings when he came from 7th and won. Now that's funny :O

Grosjean had a good start that looked better than it was because the Red Bulls bogged down and Hamilton had a puncture. With Webber chasing him instead of Vettel, Grosjean had a golden opportunity. But he dropped the ball in the first stint. He had a good race. But he could have won it.
Uber kimi fan who only reviews kimi in glorified eyes claims rogro is overhyped in suzuka. Thats as retarded as me saying Alonso was better than lewis in 2007.....

SineQuaNon
car driver
car driver

Post by SineQuaNon » 15 Oct 2013, 16:25

mikhailv wrote:I agree with team orders. But theres 2 things;

1) be honest. Instead of the cherade RBR come with, the blatant lies, purpose changing, the denial, vettels crying radio message; Just say it how it is. Dont lie, dont make out you didnt sacrifice Webber. Just be honest that it was a gifted win aka Germany 08 and 2010.

2) Schuey was slated over Austria 02. He won the championship in effect. So why not let Rubens win? Same principle. So why is it different now?
What did David Coulthard mean?
If there was anything in these conspiracy theories he had no reason to ''choose his words carefully'' four races before the end. Red Bull - perfect strategy, maximum points. Who knows how it might have ended with a different tactic. Sebastian Vettel - well he delivered one more time.
Because of the tensions with Marko for Webber it would have been a momma to say there was a teamorder!

If you understand German:
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 01503.html

Interesting analysis:
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2013/10/a ... egy-calls/

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 16 Oct 2013, 01:09

mikhailv wrote:
Soren wrote:Here is my take on the race in Japan. I know not all will agree with me on Grosjeans race. But it really has been hyped beyond reason. For instance, Edd Straw gave Grosjean a 10 for effectively losing 2 places and finishing 3rd. Kimi didn't even get that in the Australia ratings when he came from 7th and won. Now that's funny :O

Uber kimi fan who only reviews kimi in glorified eyes claims rogro is overhyped in suzuka. Thats as retarded as me saying Alonso was better than lewis in 2007.....
What's so retarded about that? That's just a fan's view. I enjoyed it. Thank you Soren! :thumbsup:

You're also a uber Alonso fan & could also write a piece about Alonso v Lewis, I am sure Alonso fans will be pleased as well & won't brand you a retard.

Soren, 2014 will be fun...... :lol:

icemaid
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by icemaid » 16 Oct 2013, 01:12

phil1993 wrote:Vettel's radio message was actually against Perez - who he was lapping - rather than Webber. That bit got confused during the race broadcast.
That's what I understood as well.
But some people will choose not to believe this but...

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

2013 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix

Post by F1EA » 16 Oct 2013, 02:10

Vorull wrote:Because Ferrari and Lotus team orders are too mainstream to discuss :p
You mean honest?

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 16 Oct 2013, 13:36

icemaid wrote:
mikhailv wrote:

What's so retarded about that? That's just a fan's view. I enjoyed it. Thank you Soren! :thumbsup:

You're also a uber Alonso fan & could also write a piece about Alonso v Lewis, I am sure Alonso fans will be pleased as well & won't brand you a retard.

Soren, 2014 will be fun...... :lol:
Alonso vs lewis. Alonso lost 2007. Thats about it. Otherwise i stand by my statement of blatant retardation.

Vorull
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vorull » 16 Oct 2013, 15:16

F1EA wrote:
Vorull wrote:Because Ferrari and Lotus team orders are too mainstream to discuss :p
You mean honest?
:p :p :p yes :p :p :p totally
Spoiler:
No, I just don't care at the moment + the guy was kinda forcing me to discuss about it. Weird :confused:

rwgordon
car driver
car driver

Post by rwgordon » 21 Oct 2013, 08:57

The fault surely can't lie completely with Vettel. Red Bull themselves had made a decision to support him and allow/encourage his tantrums and sense of entitlement for their own benefit. Any issues with their image or reputation taking a hit is well deserved.

The sad fact is that Ricciardo is likely to be sandbagged the same way, but at least he might be able to pick up Vettel's work ethic and take on his good habits before Vettel buggers off to Ferrari or wherever and leave an Aussie to lead to the team as a genuine number 1 for once.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 21 Oct 2013, 11:53

Ricciardo will never be a number 1. Hes pretty much Heidfeldian. New word :p

Cant blame RBR in the slightest. Just be honest