Other
No votes

Total votes: 18

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Gran Premio d'Italia

Post by Treacle » 09 Sep 2013, 11:20

mikhailv wrote:Anyone who complains about booing are imbeciles. Alonso was jeered in silverstone, italy and Germany. Hamilton in spain and brazil. Schumacher in silverstone and monaco.

its a bloody sport. If your not allowed to boo your opponent you shouldnt be allowed to cheer your driver then.
You can't be serious... :blink:
Yes, it's a sport, so RESPECT all drivers. When you cheer you don't lessen the other's qualities. There is really no need for booing, is there? Even if the whole crowd were dead silent, Vettel would have gotten the message that they are not happy for him...
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

Vorull
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vorull » 09 Sep 2013, 11:46

It doesn't matter, you can't make them stop. Booing has always been present in sports, whether you like it or not. Bitching about it won't help. If I was the target of booing, I would feel even better and smile at them even wider.

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 09 Sep 2013, 12:21

Vorull wrote:It doesn't matter, you can't make them stop. Booing has always been present in sports, whether you like it or not. Bitching about it won't help. If I was the target of booing, I would feel even better and smile at them even wider.
Of course, I can't change it. But you can't argue that the booing this year has reached a whole new level. Sure, there was booing in earlier seasons as well - every big driver got booed a couple times. But what Vettel gets this year is not (and can't be) justified.
And my whole reaction was against the "if you are not allowed boo your opponent, you shouldn't be allowed to cheer on your driver" attitude...
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 09 Sep 2013, 12:48

Treacle wrote:
Vorull wrote:It doesn't matter, you can't make them stop. Booing has always been present in sports, whether you like it or not. Bitching about it won't help. If I was the target of booing, I would feel even better and smile at them even wider.
Of course, I can't change it. But you can't argue that the booing this year has reached a whole new level. Sure, there was booing in earlier seasons as well - every big driver got booed a couple times. But what Vettel gets this year is not (and can't be) justified.
Multi 21 is enough excuse for them :p

Why we didn't see this on TV? :p

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 09 Sep 2013, 13:16

Treacle wrote:
mikhailv wrote:Anyone who complains about booing are imbeciles. Alonso was jeered in silverstone, italy and Germany. Hamilton in spain and brazil. Schumacher in silverstone and monaco.

its a bloody sport. If your not allowed to boo your opponent you shouldnt be allowed to cheer your driver then.
You can't be serious... :blink:
Yes, it's a sport, so RESPECT all drivers. When you cheer you don't lessen the other's qualities. There is really no need for booing, is there? Even if the whole crowd were dead silent, Vettel would have gotten the message that they are not happy for him...
Ofcourse im serious. If booing is a sign of no respect, does that mean in pantomimes and theater or in childrens television; that they dont have respect for the person being booed? Or is it just a noise to display the feeling of dislike? what did you do when Alonso was booed by the British? What about when he was cheered because his engine blown; thats cheering because he retired but thats ok right, because you can cheer when someone retires but not boo when they win? Lewis had been jeered before in Brazil and Italy and Spain. Schumacher was booed many times aswell. So what is your point? Because Vettel is being booed this year its suddenly unheard of and its such a big thing?

Vorull
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vorull » 09 Sep 2013, 13:28

Treacle wrote:
And my whole reaction was against the "if you are not allowed boo your opponent, you shouldn't be allowed to cheer on your driver" attitude...
You are allowed to boo and you are allowed to cheer. Problem solved :lol:
Of course you can't justify booing, but I don't see this as a big problem. In football, basketball and other similar sports, people boo and nobody seems to care. It's just a natural thing. Don't tell me you never booed a ref :p

Vorull
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Vorull » 09 Sep 2013, 13:47

iceman1 wrote:
Treacle wrote:
Multi 21 is enough excuse for them :p

Why we didn't see this on TV? :p
Because Bernie likes Vettel :p

SilverHAMBenz
car driver
car driver

Post by SilverHAMBenz » 09 Sep 2013, 14:37

I think Sebastian & Red Bull don't care at all, as long as they keep winning. :zz: Booing never killed anybody, it's part of the sport; some do, others don't in this life. They should be more concerned about the brand (I mean, from Australia to Italy now we hear that on the TV or live... It could damage their image!)
Sebastian is their leader driver, appointed ambassador of Infiniti and Braun; it's not good when at the same time he's been portrayed as the main villain that the general public dislikes!
On a less serious note, I'm more than happy when the 'stupid' media don't stick its knives in my man Lewis! :lol:
In the end, why would they bother? They'll survive.
' You've got to be on the limit all the time, and I like that, because that is how I love to race ' Lewis HAMILTON MBE, F1 World Champion of Great Britain

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 09 Sep 2013, 17:08

Vettel shouldn't care. its only booing. Im sure he isn't going to go and cry in a corner because someone boo's him for winning when they dont want him to.

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 09 Sep 2013, 20:20

The more they boo, the more races he will win. Im not VET fan but, i dont like that somebody wins all the time, but i want 1 thing every year, that it gets decided in the last race thats all.

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Gran Premio d'Italia

Post by F1EA » 09 Sep 2013, 22:26

alex1369 wrote:The more they boo, the more races he will win. Im not VET fan but, i dont like that somebody wins all the time, but i want 1 thing every year, that it gets decided in the last race thats all.
Monza will keep on booing. And Vettel will keep on winning (as long as he has the best car). In other words, he would win irrespective of boos.

People should get over it. Some fans cheer, others boo. Who cares. I feel bad for vettel when he gets booed. But i feel worse for say... Webber who got a championship taken away because the team made the decision they preferred Vettel winning it (Abu Dhabi). I also feel worse for guys like Kobayashi and others, who lose their seats while being better than the guys who replace them.

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 10 Sep 2013, 06:52

I guess my point was completely missed, but that's partly my fault... Anyways I've never meant that booing Alonso, Hamilton or Schumacher, or anyone for that matter is okay. But have you heard them booed at basically every single race? No, you haven't, because it wasn't a trend up until now.
And I guess we see the booing differently (could be cultural differences). :) In my eyes it means that the crowd finds the winner undeserving. And that is disrespectful, since we all know that 98-99% of the time everyone on the podium is deserving. I can accept (though still not quite understand) the booing in Malaysia - Vettel made a controversial decision, which most people didn't like.
I know I've never booed any racer. Have I cheered when someone I don't like stopped in the middle of the race? Instinctively I probably have. But that's the difference - booing is always intentional.
I don't know if anyone understands the small difference I'm trying to point out. Probably it sounds more like grasping at straws. :lol:

Anyways, you are right it's completely indifferent what I think. :) Vettel can't be bothered, the Tifosi boos basically everyone who doesn't drive a Ferrari, and people who boo in other countries won't stop.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 10 Sep 2013, 07:36

"They're saying Boo-urns"

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 10 Sep 2013, 08:16

@henryhopefrost: "I find it bizarre people would pay premium price to attend world-class event and then boo deserving winner."

Well they can do it from home :lol:

lealjaime
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by lealjaime » 10 Sep 2013, 08:32

i remember a race in 98 or 00 when mika hakkinen wins and michael was second, all the people starts to boo mika, and shumi say no with his hands to the people and aplause hakkinen.

I really wait for something similar happen with Alonso, but it doesnt.

Michael its a better driver even when he lost a race!!
Ferrari Rules!!!!!!