Other
No votes

Total votes: 18

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Formula 1 Grosser Preis Santander von Deutschland 2013

Post by F1EA » 07 Jul 2013, 16:51

Couldnt watch it. Woke up at 5am... to find TSN was playing some Wimbledon stuff........ went back to bed.

Wake up to see Vettel won another one. At least he was challenged. But still: lame.

Surprised with yet another Massa problem... Hulkenberg in?

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 07 Jul 2013, 17:13

Treacle wrote:There is an interesting argument going on on a Hungarian forum.
Do you penalize the mistake or the damage it caused? Like, a lot of journalists find that 30.000 euros just do not cut it as a penalty, since a cameramen was harmed. So what is a suitable penalty?
+ Pay the hospital bills. Give him a full salary for 6 months :p

They didn't do it on purpose, mistakes happen all the time and unfortunately the tyre hit this guy.

tderias
PL Manager
PL Manager

Post by tderias » 07 Jul 2013, 17:17

iceman1 wrote:
Do you penalize the mistake or the damage it caused? Like, a lot of journalists find that 30.000 euros just do not cut it as a penalty, since a cameramen was harmed. So what is a suitable penalty?

They didn't do it on purpose, mistakes happen all the time and unfortunately the tyre hit this guy.
I expect Red Bull's PR to make a move as well, they're always good in that aspect. Signed merchandise, visits from the drivers, whatever it is, they'll make it happen.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 07 Jul 2013, 17:28

Can of drink. :p

marcus666
kart driver
kart driver

Post by marcus666 » 07 Jul 2013, 18:44

I'm usually quite negative about f1 races these days, but to say this one was booring is clearly bollocks to me. Kimi could have won it if he got team orders 1-2 laps earlier. At the same time, Romain could have won it if he got soft tyres around the time Kimi pitted ( lap 46-48). vettel did not dominate this one, and even if I don't like him he deserved it today. Driver of the race: Grosjean.

marcus666
kart driver
kart driver

Post by marcus666 » 07 Jul 2013, 18:47

The Canadian GP this year is one of those races were you afterwards tell yourself, " Im not gonna watch this c**p anymore".

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 08 Jul 2013, 06:07

marcus666 wrote:The Canadian GP this year is one of those races were you afterwards tell yourself, " Im not gonna watch this c**p anymore".
Look at the cute little troll ranting about the Canadian GP in the German GP thread...

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 08 Jul 2013, 06:26

marcus666 wrote:I'm usually quite negative about f1 races these days, but to say this one was booring is clearly bollocks to me. Kimi could have won it if he got team orders 1-2 laps earlier. At the same time, Romain could have won it if he got soft tyres around the time Kimi pitted ( lap 46-48). vettel did not dominate this one, and even if I don't like him he deserved it today. Driver of the race: Grosjean.
Grosjean outperformed kimi. If they didnt pit grosjean stupid early he wouldve had an even better chance. Best thing is seeing all the hypocrits on various forums blaming lotus for not getting rogro out the way when he wasfighting for the win, but if this was Massa there would be public hanging.

Redbull will walk this year now. Credit to newey, he nailed the 09 regs and has produced the best car since then. Credit to vettel for driving it.

BanaP
kart driver
kart driver

Post by BanaP » 08 Jul 2013, 06:29

tderias wrote:
iceman1 wrote:

I expect Red Bull's PR to make a move as well, they're always good in that aspect. Signed merchandise, visits from the drivers, whatever it is, they'll make it happen.
I'm sure that the cameraman signed some paper the he can be there at his own risk (or something like that). By the way; I can take his place anytime - give me a call :wave:

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 08 Jul 2013, 10:13

mikhailv wrote: Grosjean outperformed kimi. If they didnt pit grosjean stupid early he wouldve had an even better chance. Best thing is seeing all the hypocrits on various forums blaming lotus for not getting rogro out the way when he wasfighting for the win, but if this was Massa there would be public hanging.
Yeah, if it were Alonso or Schumacher people would be going nuts. But with Kimi it's 'his team-mate should have been moved over sooner'! I quite like Kimi, but the thing that most puts me off him is some of his fans.

Had to laugh, Ted Kravitz could barely hide his disappointment at Kimi not winning the race.

Grosjean was the quicker Lotus driver yesterday. Lets not forget Kimi only got the chance he did because the safety car wiped out the 12 second gap Grosjean had built up by being better on the soft tyre, and Kimi's better strategy.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 08 Jul 2013, 10:41

Yeah some people think Lotus is only about Kimi, they are quite annoying to be honest. I wanted Romain to win yesterday, he was very close, pitted on lap 41, forced Red Bull to react and pit after 1 lap only. But after that he didn't attack. It's like he was saving his tyres or something.

Anyway he lost his 2nd place to Kimi who couldn't get Vettel too. So at least let both drivers fight for the 2nd position. Kimi was going to get him anyway with his new tyres, but give Romain a chance to fight :roll::

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 08 Jul 2013, 12:14

I see what Lotus tried to do, I'm just disappointed that they didn't try keeping one car out until the end. If they were worried, they should have pitted Kimi instead of Romain and let the latter run to the end. Worst case scenario, they would still have been 2nd with Kimi, but they'd have been looking at a very possible win for Romain.

They'll be right up there if it's hot in Budapest. Another chance! :)

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 08 Jul 2013, 12:19

Yeah last year was a strong race for them there with Kimi 2nd and Romain 3rd. Would be nice to see them improve on that!

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 08 Jul 2013, 16:25

Lotus did very good at managing the drivers... Romain had a great race, and still they weren't sure which tire would work out best, so they had to take a gamble. It was good, even if not perfect... but they needed more pace, or a couple more laps...

Also, Romain was very mature, so definitely that makes everything look better.

Im sure at the moment, Lotus doesnt give a $h1t about proving who is faster between the two. They are going for championships, against 3 strong teams. Well, 2, and Alonso. So, not the time to arm-wrestle.

Im glad Rogro had a good race. Him, Ricciardo, and i think somebody should bring Petrov and Kobayashi back; cause they have talent.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 08 Jul 2013, 19:57

tderias wrote:
iceman1 wrote:

@tgruener: #F1 A @redbullracing team member visited the injured cameraman on sunday evening and gave him a big poster signed by all the mechanics.