2 - Best Team
3 - Best Overtake
4 - Best Moment
5 - Worst Driver
6 - Worst Team
7 - Best Rookie
8 - Biggest Surprise

9 - General Comment(s)
Last edited by naiego on 30 Jun 2013, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.

naiego
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: Rate the 2013 British GP

Post by naiego » 30 Jun 2013, 19:28

1 - Best Driver

Webber and Hamilton for "returning" in the race after their misfortunes. Alonso and Massa were very good as well.

2 - Best Team

Mercedes for being fast on an entire race apart form qualifying.

3 - Best Overtake

Alonso on the two Lotus and on Ricciardo in one lap's period.

4 - Best Moment

Alonso and Raikkonen avoiding pieces of torn rubber. Great reflexes.

5 - Worst Driver

Grosjean

6 - Worst Team

PIRELLI for the travesty they provided us this afternoon

7 - Best Rookie

Bottas

8 - Biggest Surprise

Massa's start from 12th to 5th

9 - General Comment(s)

A race full of excitement but for the wrong reasons. Everyone was anxious whether the tyres would stay on the rims.
Last edited by naiego on 01 Jul 2013, 14:12, edited 2 times in total.

F1EA
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by F1EA » 30 Jun 2013, 20:44

1 - Best Driver: Webber.

2 - Best Team: Force India. Mercedes is disqualified from any further team merits because they did an illegal 1000 km test, which seems to have helped them more than it did Pirelli... i may be a bit bitter ;)

3 - Best Overtake: Alonso and Hamilton on Ricciardo. Also Webber's battle with Kimi was pretty neat.

4 - Best Moment: The final ~10 laps.

5 - Worst Driver: They all did pretty good considering the difficult conditions and close racing. Hats off.

6 - Worst Team: the FIA.

7 - Best Rookie: Ricciardo. oh wait a minute, what yr is it?

8 - Biggest Surprise: i guess Vettel's failure while in the lead was more surprising than Lewis' tire failing, while in the lead... was not expecting that.

9 - General Comment(s)
Bitter-sweet race. Good action, clean racing, the drivers did really well. On the other hand.......

NICO_4EVER
car driver
car driver

Post by NICO_4EVER » 01 Jul 2013, 03:06

1 - Best Driver: Lewis Hamilton

2 - Best Team: Mercedes

3 - Best Overtake: Alonso and Hamilton on Ricciardo.

4 - Best Moment: Laps after 1st safety car episode.

5 - Worst Driver: van der Garde

6 - Worst Team: McLaren

7 - Best Rookie: Bianchi

8 - Biggest Surprise: So many broken tyres.

9 - General Comment(s): Great race with a lot of action on the track.

alex1369
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by alex1369 » 01 Jul 2013, 08:11

1 - Best Driver - Well i have to say manny of them with their recovery like Lewis, Mark,Felipe... SC for sure helped a bit.
2 - Best Team - Mercedes - i think they solved their tyre problems and could have held the RBRs behind
3 - Best Overtake - Hamilton vs Di Resta was good, and also late stage overtakes werent bad
4 - Best Moment - start and last couple of laps. And ofcourse Vettels DNF - that was the best.
5 - Worst Driver - none
6 - Worst Team - Pirelli,Kerbs??
7 - Best Rookie - whatever...
8 - Biggest Surprise - so manny punctures, but why did it happen to Lewis... anyway im glad that Vettel didnt finish because championship is a walk in the park for him, everybody else has problems but Sebastian never, now it was his time finally!

9 - General Comment(s)
Well race was interesting, but long SC periods ruined it for me... Last stage racing was great.
so a 6/10.

Why cant we have 2012 tyres back - we had fantastic races with them, but these are maybe extreme/not safe?

Now we are in 7th month where Vettel never won a race in that month, no matter where it is - i hope it stays so so the championship could spice up a bit. But we know from Singapore to India he will crush the rivals... and it will be hard to match him.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 01 Jul 2013, 08:36

1 - Best Driver- Webber, Alonso, Massa, Hamilton. No particular order
2 - Best Team- Mercedes
3 - Best Overtake- Id say the duel between Lewis and Paul. great stuff
4 - Best Moment- Alonso nailing kimi for 3rd was good as a fanboy, but Hamilton coming through the field too!
5 - Worst Driver- I dont think there was one to be honest. very disapointed with Vergne punctures aside.
6 - Worst Team- Williams
7 - Best Rookie- Bianchi
8 - Biggest Surprise- Tyre blow outs! I mean, come on!

9 - General Comment(s

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 01 Jul 2013, 08:53

1 - Best Driver Have to agree the recoveries were very good even considering the safety cars. I think I'd say Alonso and Massa though as the Ferrari never looked as good as the Red Bull and Mercedes.
2 - Best Team - Mercedes
3 - Best Overtake - Webber on Raikkonen
4 - Best Moment - The last six laps
5 - Worst Driver - Grosjean was right with Raikkonen for a long time, then just disappeared
6 - Worst Team - Williams
7 - Best Rookie - ...
8 - Biggest Surprise - Massa's incredible start, and of course the tyre blow-outs.

majidasadi
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by majidasadi » 01 Jul 2013, 09:13

1 - Best Driver:Hamilton,this was his race to win,his tyre drama was unfortunate but after that he did a great job
2 - Best Team:Mercedes, seems like they have solved their tyre problems and i think they can win WCC this year.
3 - Best Overtake:battle between Hamilton and DiResta
4 - Best Moment:Final 6 laps
5 - Worst Driver:Grosjean
6 - Worst Team:McLaren
7 - Best Rookie:Bottas
8 - Biggest Surprise:Vettel having a failure and so many punctures

9 - General Comment(s):good race,8/10
A craven can be as brave as any man, when there is nothing to fear. And we all do our duty, when there is no cost to it. How easy it seems then, to walk the path of honor.

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 01 Jul 2013, 09:26

Best Driver: It's a tie between the recoveries, Webber, Hamilton and Massa. I think the number two drivers outshined the number ones. Honorary mention to Alonso
Best Team: Ferrari made the right call - for once -, so I'll give this to them
Best Overtake: Alonso and Hamilton on Ricciardo, also Hamilton and Di Resta's battle
Best Moment: Massa's start - from 11th to 5th
Worst Driver: No one comes to mind
Worst Team: I think Pirelli and FIA stole this one
Best Rookie: -
Biggest Surprise: Pirelli tires blowing up on five different cars.

General Comment(s): I wonder about Pirelli's reaction, how will they explain this. Also, I find it funny how people believe that Vettel hasn't had a DNF for ages (forgetting about the alternator issues last year), while in a technical sport stuff like this happens. At least the championship will be closer, which is good for us. :) However, I do not like that Ferrari wasn't penalized. That was an unsafe release - and it was only thanks to Alonso's killer reflexes that nothing happened - and it seemes like they didn't want to see it.
As for Rosberg's purple sector during yellows, I think mikhailv made a really good point in the other thread...
So a lot of bad decisions by Pirelli, by FIA and by the stewards.
majidasadi wrote:2 - Best Team:Mercedes, seems like they have solved their tyre problems and i think they can win WCC this year.
This would leave a bad aftertaste I think...
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 01 Jul 2013, 09:31

alex1369 wrote:1 - Best Driver - Well i have to say manny of them with their recovery like Lewis, Mark,Felipe... SC for sure helped a bit.
2 - Best Team - Mercedes - i think they solved their tyre problems and could have held the RBRs behind
3 - Best Overtake - Hamilton vs Di Resta was good, and also late stage overtakes werent bad
4 - Best Moment - start and last couple of laps. And ofcourse Vettels DNF - that was the best.
5 - Worst Driver - none
6 - Worst Team - Pirelli,Kerbs??
7 - Best Rookie - whatever...
8 - Biggest Surprise - so manny punctures, but why did it happen to Lewis... anyway im glad that Vettel didnt finish because championship is a walk in the park for him, everybody else has problems but Sebastian never, now it was his time finally!

9 - General Comment(s)
Well race was interesting, but long SC periods ruined it for me... Last stage racing was great.
so a 6/10.

Why cant we have 2012 tyres back - we had fantastic races with them, but these are maybe extreme/not safe?

Now we are in 7th month where Vettel never won a race in that month, no matter where it is - i hope it stays so so the championship could spice up a bit. But we know from Singapore to India he will crush the rivals... and it will be hard to match him.
Jealousy detected!

Treacle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Treacle » 01 Jul 2013, 09:32

Joey Zyla wrote:Jealousy detected!
Not jealousy, just facts.
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

Ferrari92
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ferrari92 » 01 Jul 2013, 16:50

1 - Best Driver
Massa & Hamilton

2 - Best Team
Mercedes

3 - Best Overtake
Many overtakes, can't choose one

4 - Best Moment