Perez
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 27

phil1993

Re: Formula 1 Grand Prix Du Canada 2013

Post by phil1993 » 13 Jun 2013, 11:11

Kimi & Felipe did that in India last year as well.

François
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by François » 13 Jun 2013, 11:41

tderias wrote:Don't hate the player, hate the game... But seriously what has F1 come to? :confused:
Subtelty?

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 13 Jun 2013, 14:43

It is incredibly funny though.

FA: Oh lewis, after you
LH: oh Fernando please, you first
FA: No no, I insist!
LH: Oh but i too insist
*corner comes*
LH: b***
*Alonso overtakes lewis after getting DRS*
FA: lolololololololol

Ether
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Ether » 16 Jun 2013, 16:08

Alonso did several times overtaking in 2nd DRS zones. You could note that Alonso save a lot of KERS in that last straight after the Wall of Champions. That's working very well as you see Alonso overtook some cars using that trick. Brilliant.

Hamilton did a strategic move as well, I think he didn't really want to overtake Sutil because he need the DRS, and he thinks he could trick Alonso on that first DRS, but Alonso knows that, so he won't overtake in that zone, but in the next zone he will use all his KERS, around half of it was saved for the 2nd DRS zone. Smart way to overtake!

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 17 Jun 2013, 10:37

Ether wrote:Alonso did several times overtaking in 2nd DRS zones. You could note that Alonso save a lot of KERS in that last straight after the Wall of Champions. That's working very well as you see Alonso overtook some cars using that trick. Brilliant.

Hamilton did a strategic move as well, I think he didn't really want to overtake Sutil because he need the DRS, and he thinks he could trick Alonso on that first DRS, but Alonso knows that, so he won't overtake in that zone, but in the next zone he will use all his KERS, around half of it was saved for the 2nd DRS zone. Smart way to overtake!
If only we could have DRS 15 times in a race per per driver, then this sort of strategic use would always be enabled.

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 19 Jun 2013, 15:17

François wrote:
tderias wrote:Don't hate the player, hate the game... But seriously what has F1 come to? :confused:
Subtelty?
Viewers ratings b***?
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 19 Jun 2013, 15:24

mikhailv wrote:
Ether wrote:Alonso did several times overtaking in 2nd DRS zones. You could note that Alonso save a lot of KERS in that last straight after the Wall of Champions. That's working very well as you see Alonso overtook some cars using that trick. Brilliant.

If only we could have DRS 15 times in a race per per driver, then this sort of strategic use would always be enabled.
Well, now we have DRS and we'd better soak it up wheter we like it or not - Ether makes some good points about making intelligent use of DRS/Kers, though - so no need to be snide.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 19 Jun 2013, 16:58

Suntrek wrote:
mikhailv wrote:

Well, now we have DRS and we'd better soak it up wheter we like it or not - Ether makes some good points about making intelligent use of DRS/Kers, though - so no need to be snide.
Can I have some of what your smoking . Ask Ether himself, I championed a thread in which strategic use of KERS and DRS could be introduced exactly how I said above, exactly how it could be utilised, how the drivers thought processes would be on using the systems as defensive, offensive and for in/out laps as well.

Might want to get your facts right 'mate'.

Joey Zyla
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Joey Zyla » 19 Jun 2013, 23:36

Suntrek wrote:
mikhailv wrote:

Snide? :lol:

I think you're confusing someone having a different opinion than you and being "snide". :lol: